I keep mine naked.
    07-24-11 07:26 AM
    I decided to go with a protector and had Best Buy put a Zagg on it!! So far so good, it hasn't taken away too much feel from the screen. It does give some peace of mind knowing its covered.
    07-24-11 07:27 AM
    Naked all the way. If you're careful with your gadgets, and have a good case on it then you don't need one. I've had my Torch and iPod without one for about a year with no scratches. Just be gentle, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-11 08:05 AM
    I've going back and forth on whether I should put a screen protector on my playbook. I like the natural feel and don't want to loose to much of that. What would you recommend?
    Just the clear screen protector? Not at all, unless you like the feel or something, there is just no point to it. Glass has a pretty decent hardness to it. Whereas plastic can be scratched easily by fingernails and such, you would have to be abusing this glass screen with your keys or screwdriver to scratch it. And the prints wipe off with one swipe of a soft cloth.

Otter box? Those are great, any of those kinds of protectors are good for dropping. It will look more like a borg cube than the sexy starship enterprise it is without the otterboxm but some prefer that anyways.

I bought the soft leather case that kickstands the device. It provides a small amount of protection and is easy to remove if I want to.
    07-24-11 08:15 AM
    I decided to go with a protector and had Best Buy put a Zagg on it!! So far so good, it hasn't taken away too much feel from the screen. It does give some peace of mind knowing its covered.
    i cant be sure but i think Zagg is what Best Buy put on mine, after you have had it a while go into a store and look and touch a Playbook with no protection and i bet you will see a big difference, i did anyway, thats why i took mine off and going naked
    07-24-11 08:57 AM
    Not. Pointless.
    07-24-11 10:32 AM
    I got a zagg on mine. Tried the griffin from walmart but kept getting dust under it when installing. Not fully happy with current but will work. I couldn't even think about having no screen protector or shell on my pb. To much money spent to take a chance.
    07-24-11 10:54 AM
    I have heard good things about SGP, but the selection confused me.

So what about reflections and fingerprints? Which one is best for that? Does it keep you from having to clean it? I kinda want one but don't want to make the wrong choice.....I really don't want to be looking at the screen seeing my own reflection ( I could use the front facing cam or a mirror for that) or glare from some overhead light...if it reduces image quality in ANY way however it's a deal breaker...especially black levels and contrast...

Going here:

SGP Blackberry Playbook Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series - Blackberry - Tablets

It looks like the Ultra Optics is the best choice for fingerprints and glare, without affecting image quality - they mention it in the FAQ but I don't see it as a choice to order.

Now I'm more confused than ever. Anyone try these?

Q)
    What are the differences between the Steinheil Ultra Crystal, Ultra Fine, and Ultra Optics Screen Protectors? How's the Clarity?

A)
    All of our screen protectors are Japanese made, enhanced optical hard films. Ultra Crystal screen protector is a clear type where it absolutely doesn't affect the screen image quality. Ultra Crystal has glass-like coating with the best resistance against scratches.
    Ultra Fine screen protector is matte type hard film which resists against fingerprints and smudges, but it is less clear compared to other Steinheil screen protectors. Ultra Optics is our newest product which is anti-fingerprint and anti-glare and does not interfere with retina display.

ultra optics isnt available for the playbook, ive tried the ultra fine (antireflective), but after a few days couldnt forgo the fact that the screen quality has decreased. i returned the ultra fine and got the oleophobic one. no reduction in screen quality, but the finger print resistance thing is bs in my opinion. id go with the ultra crystal, even though i havent tried it, but i would imagine its even more scratch resistant and clearer than the oleophobic
    07-24-11 10:28 PM
    Since I saves so much buying my 64GB off kijiji, I bought one. Clarivue's Ultra Clear, it cost me $30. I tried one from eBay and didn't work out and I also don't like using water with it.

I used Clarivue, IMO it's worth it.

07-25-11 01:22 AM
    Since I saves so much buying my 64GB off kijiji, I bought one. Clarivue's Ultra Clear, it cost me $30. I tried one from eBay and didn't work out and I also don't like using water with it.

I used Clarivue, IMO it's worth it.

i had a clarivue on my bold for more than a year, until it was too beaten up.....its also a good brand
    07-25-11 02:37 AM
    Well. I'd recommend you to go for it, these screens once scratched look ugly and it's difficult to replace part. A screen guard ensures that the bling on the screen remains.
    07-25-11 02:57 AM
    As this is not gorilla glass or something, a screen protector is a must.
    At least for scratch protect.

Sent from my "other" Tablet.
    07-25-11 04:24 AM
    I bought one form Best Skins Ever. i LOVE it. Easy to put on and the feel is GREAT. Can't beat the price either!

HTH,
    B.
    do you recommend the full body one or just the screen?
    07-31-11 04:01 PM
    How do you get rid of the air build up?
    07-31-11 05:06 PM
    I have already tried two different screen protectors but i find them just ok. I presently have the 3M screen protector and i managed to get most of the air bubbles out, but there still remains some dust speck bubbles on the bezel. For the time being i will keep this one until I can find something better. As much as I like the "naked" feel of the screen, I remain cautious and would rather be safe than sorry.
    09-16-11 07:11 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD