I've going back and forth on whether I should put a screen protector on my playbook. I like the natural feel and don't want to loose to much of that. What would you recommend?
    07-23-11 09:25 AM
    Ghost Armor Cell Phone Skins and Cases, Laptop Wraps & Screen Protectors | Ghost Armor

If you are close to a retail location spring for the installation. I have it on my PB and Torch. Very happy, and has a lifetime warranty.
    07-23-11 09:35 AM
    I have the Zagg screen protector on my PB and it's not bad, it was a bit "tacky" for the first few days after installing but is much "smoother" now and offers great protection with a lifetime warranty. I have not noticed much, if any, decrease in screen sensitivity after install.
    07-23-11 09:43 AM
    I've going back and forth on whether I should put a screen protector on my playbook. I like the natural feel and don't want to loose to much of that. What would you recommend?
    Don't be a fool, vulcanize that tool!!!

Seriously, there is no question of whether, it's just which one.

I use the matte i-con screen protector, took off the stock shield with my OtterBox Defender and installed that over it. Love the setup.
    07-23-11 09:44 AM
    I used clear protector on mine and it's great. Highly highly recommend a screen protector (in fact the I had the whole device protected).
    07-23-11 02:19 PM
    I got a cheap screen protector, that i bought off of ebay. It works just fine, I have had invisible shield on past devices, they are very durable. After time the edges curl up and dirt gets under them, the lifetime warranty is a joke, you need to pay full price and they give you a refund once they get your old one.
    07-23-11 02:57 PM
    I tried the Zagg shield but screwed it up putting it on. Zagg took it back but had a backorder so gave me my money back. Bought a 2nd one at Best Buy and had them install it. A few days later I noticed something under the shield. Went back to Best Buy and they replaced it. The next day I noticed the gasket near the left speaker was sticking above the PB. Best Buy took it back and gave me a store credit because they weren't stocking the 64GB anymore at this store.

I am now naked and staying this way. It's not worth the trouble.
    07-23-11 03:26 PM
    i love the nakid feel.
    07-23-11 03:31 PM
    Again this needs to go in the playbook accessories sticky section also, but I will add that the only reason I want a screen protector is to reduce the reflections and glare for using it outdoors in the sun. Any recommendations for that?
    07-23-11 03:31 PM
    definitely get one! u'd be surprised....this thing gets scratched relatively easily. mine did. lucky for me its on the bezel

i tried GA, didnt like it. the fit was not that great, and installing it was a *****. was very careful with the intall but still got orange peel effect in some places. plus, the back protection started peeling off after 2 weeks, so i imagine the front will do the same.

i recommend u skip zagg and GA and go with SGP. i had the ultra fine one...made the screen look a bit grainy, so ended up replacing it with the ultraoleophobic instead. couldnt be happier. little to no rainbow effect under cfl lights, unlike other cheaper brands, and u dont have to deal with the hasel of the wet application or the orange peel effect of zagg and GA
    07-23-11 04:20 PM
    Naked since day one. It's in a convertible case and has a nick on one corner, but screen is open and beautiful!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-11 05:12 PM
    i use one by hipstreet, i dont notice any change in screen quality or touch sensitivity, went on easy since day 1, it was like 20 bucks. Id reccommend it, its stil on and no peeling or lifting anywhere.
    07-23-11 06:54 PM
    Maybe too many choices - confusing! I'm still on the fence but, for the moment I'm going with naked. Have always had one on my Torch though....
    07-23-11 07:30 PM
    I was using one that Best Buy installed but cant remember what it was called, it was ok I thought until I went into Staples a few days ago & noticed how beautiful and smooth feeling the Playbook on display was compared to mine with shield, I ripped that pos off & not putting anything else on it, I have never put anything on my phones & have never scratched a screen so I made my mind up.
    jvictor77 likes this.
    07-23-11 07:44 PM
    On my Storm 2, yes. On my PB, I'm naked and loving it! Can you feel the wind? : )
    haimez likes this.
    07-23-11 07:45 PM
    i like her naked just like my wife.i know where this will be in our bed.with her bra and panties lieing around somewhere.rofl.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 07-23-11 at 08:00 PM.
    07-23-11 07:53 PM
    I was using one that Best Buy installed but cant remember what it was called, it was ok I thought until I went into Staples a few days ago & noticed how beautiful and smooth feeling the Playbook on display was compared to mine with shield, I ripped that pos off & not putting anything else on it, I have never put anything on my phones & have never scratched a screen so I made my mind up.
    Thanks - you've made my mind up!
    07-23-11 08:29 PM
    I bought one form Best Skins Ever. i LOVE it. Easy to put on and the feel is GREAT. Can't beat the price either!

HTH,
    B.
    07-23-11 10:33 PM
    a good screen protector wouldnt take away from the "nakedness" of the playbook...think of it as fish nets ...do urself a favor, buy a quality screen protector while u havent scratched the screen. also, u wouldnt have to worry about wiping it with napkins, tshirts, tp, ur pants or what ever LOL
    07-23-11 11:44 PM
    definitely get one! u'd be surprised....this thing gets scratched relatively easily. mine did. lucky for me its on the bezel

i tried GA, didnt like it. the fit was not that great, and installing it was a *****. was very careful with the intall but still got orange peel effect in some places. plus, the back protection started peeling off after 2 weeks, so i imagine the front will do the same.

i recommend u skip zagg and GA and go with SGP. i had the ultra fine one...made the screen look a bit grainy, so ended up replacing it with the ultraoleophobic instead. couldnt be happier. little to no rainbow effect under cfl lights, unlike other cheaper brands, and u dont have to deal with the hasel of the wet application or the orange peel effect of zagg and GA

I have heard good things about SGP, but the selection confused me.

So what about reflections and fingerprints? Which one is best for that? Does it keep you from having to clean it? I kinda want one but don't want to make the wrong choice.....I really don't want to be looking at the screen seeing my own reflection ( I could use the front facing cam or a mirror for that) or glare from some overhead light...if it reduces image quality in ANY way however it's a deal breaker...especially black levels and contrast...

Going here:

http://www.sgpstore.com/tablets/blac...ra-series.html

It looks like the Ultra Optics is the best choice for fingerprints and glare, without affecting image quality - they mention it in the FAQ but I don't see it as a choice to order.

Now I'm more confused than ever. Anyone try these?

Q)
    What are the differences between the Steinheil Ultra Crystal, Ultra Fine, and Ultra Optics Screen Protectors? How's the Clarity?

A)
    All of our screen protectors are Japanese made, enhanced optical hard films. Ultra Crystal screen protector is a clear type where it absolutely doesn't affect the screen image quality. Ultra Crystal has glass-like coating with the best resistance against scratches.
    Ultra Fine screen protector is matte type hard film which resists against fingerprints and smudges, but it is less clear compared to other Steinheil screen protectors. Ultra Optics is our newest product which is anti-fingerprint and anti-glare and does not interfere with retina display.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-24-11 at 01:02 AM.
    07-24-11 12:50 AM
    Walmart has a screen protector made by Griffin. LOVE it!!! Thin, feels great, and doesn't take away from the screen AT ALL!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    house78 likes this.
    07-24-11 01:04 AM
    i always use screen protector on mybscreen device including the PB. never felt the naked pb before 'coz i use it since i opened it
    07-24-11 01:05 AM
    bought some no name one of ebay for like 2 bucks. came with its own micro fiber cloth and the screen protector was better quality than most you will find. If you don't feel like spending a fortune of a clear plastic sticky sheet then head over to ebay or dealextreme and pick up a cheap one. if you dont like it, take it off and consider the two bucks worth the try.
    07-24-11 05:27 AM
    I can't comment on the pb protectors, but when iPhone first came out I tried every protector I could find, with the money I spent I could have replaced the screen.. I found then almost grippy and made the experience less smooth. so ive been naked with all devices since.

I just bought a case for my pb that comes with a screen protector, but I doubt ill use it, can't protect things forever.. ill drop it one day
    07-24-11 06:01 AM
    I was always a big fan of the Zagg shields and fully planned on getting one. My mind got changed while on the phone with RIM and while waiting for something to load the tech was telling me about his PB, I asked him about the screen and he said no way, he didn't need it. for the cost of the Zagg and them always peeling up, im gonna try naked. i love the way the screen feels without one
    07-24-11 07:19 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD