Having updated to OS2.0 I have a problem with my Playbook not asking for a password when I wake it up or if I hit the new 'Lock' button, but it does still ask when I do a reboot.
    Any one else had this problem or know how to fix it?
    Thanks
    02-22-12 05:38 AM
    I have the same problem.. Also, I notice that when charging, the screen will come back from standby by tabbing on any part of the screen and no password asking as well.. In fact, I faced the same problem in beta version but thought that it should be fixed by the official release. I did the wipe out but the issue is still here. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be great.
    02-22-12 12:04 PM
    Having those problems too
    02-22-12 12:12 PM
    I updated mine yesterday and it was mostly fine. I didn't set it to use a password. I use it at home.

This morning when I went to turn it on it asked for a password. I wasn't able to get in. I called support and they had me enter random passwords 10 times till it erased itself and started over. She indicated that this is a problem some people are having.

Barry
    02-22-12 12:35 PM
    Any fixes?
    02-28-12 01:31 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. Upgraded to OS2 on 2012-02-21 and everything was working fine. All of a sudden the screen lock does not work and my cameras (front and back) are not working.

I've rebooted, done a security wipe and reinstalled the OS using the BlackBerry Desktop software, the problem persists. The password lock only works after rebooting or when the PlayBook has been turned off and is turning back on. The cameras don't work. I either get a error message or a black screen.

Any solutions?
    03-18-12 09:57 AM
    Rim did change the behavior when charging. The pb will awake without the full swipe. But my password does kickin if I allow the correct time to pass. Screen timeout and password lock are two different timers.

As for the camera - warranty

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    03-18-12 10:27 AM
    I am having the same problem and that is as of the last update. Before that my playbook was fine and now the the security lock does not lock unless i reboot the system. I see that this is a problem that has been happening for months. Have anyone gotten a fix for this?
    08-23-12 12:51 AM
    Debrick method: (YOU'LL LOSE ALL YOUR FILES IF YOU DON'T MAKE A BACKUP !)

-Turn off your PB
    -Open Desktop manager
    -Connect PB (while it is off)
    Its should say something with: OS corrupted -> Update/Downgrade -> 2.0.1.358

After that, you can reupdate to the dev beta. The dev beta backup CANNOT be installed on .358 or .668 !!!

Jeroen
    08-23-12 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD