I tried searching the forum if anyone experience this issue but no avail. Here are the issues i encountered:

1. Screen flickers even when the option for auto dim is off. Intermittent.
    2. When my PB is on standby mode, i need to press power button a few times, even up to 10 times to get to see normal display. And when the screen don't come on, i can see that the screen light up a little but no normal display.
    3. Even when i manage to bring up the screen, the display will be distorted. I uploaded the photo taken.
    4. When I restart my PB, suppose to see the boot up screen but failed to see it, same thing happen, after awhile, i will need to press power button a few times to see normal display.

Anyone have any insights?

Anyway i got this 2nd hand and already upgraded to OS 2. My friend told me before upgrading, he didnt experience this issue at all.

Pls advise... Thanks!
    Last edited by petra74; 03-11-12 at 12:51 PM.
    03-10-12 10:41 PM
    Have you tried debricking it? If you do so, you'll rule out software as the reason.
    03-10-12 10:46 PM
    The screen shot looks like a rooted PlayBook screen, as kenny suggested, needs to be debricked
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    03-10-12 10:52 PM
    Oh! You mean to wipe my PB and load OS? I have not tried that as I use this not more than 2 days. You have the link for me to know how to debrick it? Else i will search. Had done it many time for my Blackberry though

Thanks!
    03-10-12 10:54 PM
    Another issue i forgot to mention here is when i connect my PB to my laptop, my wireless adaptor will disabled....
    03-10-12 10:57 PM
    Oh! You mean to wipe my PB and load OS? I have not tried that as I use this not more than 2 days. You have the link for me to know how to debrick it? Else i will search. Had done it many time for my Blackberry though

Thanks!
    1. Power off the PlayBook
    2. Launch Desktop Manager
    3. Plug in micro usb to PlayBook
    4. Following the promptings from DM to reinstall the OS
    5. Wait some time.....
    6. OS installled
    7. Check for screen issues
    8. Report back if this fixed your issue
    9. Reinstall apps!
    03-10-12 11:00 PM
    Thanks for the advice... Will try it when i get back home.
    03-10-12 11:10 PM
    I have been having the same issue. I'll try this also.
    03-10-12 11:58 PM
    Step 3a might be necessary. After you plug in the usb, you may need to power on the playbook and then look for an UPDATE choice in a prompt box from Desktop manager.
    03-11-12 12:02 AM
    After debricking it, I still encounter screen flickering or flash flash... =(
    03-11-12 12:47 AM
    Maybe I should do a video and let you all see what I mean.. the flash flash of my screen?! Here and there I will also need to press power button to get my screen to come on properly. But I yet to experience the display where the color is off...
    03-11-12 12:50 PM
    I have been having the same issue. I'll try this also.
    So did you manage to solve your issue?
    03-11-12 12:51 PM
    I have this same issue and cannot work out what is causing it!

The colours invert or a grey screen with lines of pixels shows up sometimes (less often that invert colours)

It's extremely annoying as I love my playbook

Software reinstall did not solve my issue.
    03-11-12 06:31 PM
    I have this same issue and cannot work out what is causing it!

The colours invert or a grey screen with lines of pixels shows up sometimes (less often that invert colours)

It's extremely annoying as I love my playbook

Software reinstall did not solve my issue.
    Thanks for posting here! At least i know I'm not the only one having this issue... Hope RIM will come up with solution and reading this.
    03-12-12 12:02 AM
    Ah.. this is irritating! My screen keep flashing on and off now even as I type this message...
    03-12-12 08:22 AM
    Might be hardware, just return it.
    Easiest way to solve these issues!
    03-12-12 08:31 AM
    Yep sounds like RMA time if you're out of the return window.
    03-12-12 09:17 AM
    So am I right to say no one here in CrackBerry forum has any suggestion to resolve this issue? And I have to live with it? This is so sad!
    03-13-12 05:43 AM
    Might be hardware, just return it.
    Easiest way to solve these issues!
    I'm thinking of doing that.. but does that mean those who experience the same issue as me, should go for one to one exchange...
    03-13-12 05:47 AM

More pictures of my PB showing off its color after waking up... =(
    03-13-12 11:39 PM
    I had a similar issue with OS1, kept doing this (except for the negative look, that is new in OS2). Eventually it stopped coming on all together (you could see screen powered up but nothing displayed) and I had to return mine - BB sent me a box, I put my device in the prepaid box and sent in in for repair. Got it back a week later (minus the screen protector). From the time my PB went down till I got it back was 10 days , and I had owned it for just shy of 5 months. I would have thought BB would do an exchange (especially since they had thousands sitting around at the time ). I requested from BB what was done to correct issue and they just said tech wrote "fixed hardware for backlight". I am now 2 weeks from the warranty running out and it is doing it again, just like the other writters describe, except mine now will not turn on again at all. Debricking does not help - tried it before and now a couple times. It is a fault in the hardware I am guessing based on the previous repair I had and that I was told the screen protector had to be removed to open the PB. I also got the feeling BB new what the issue was when I talked to them so it appears to be a somewhat common problem.
    06-07-12 08:39 AM
    experiencing this issue too, im from philippines and bought this on US someone help me :O
    06-17-12 10:16 AM
    Took mine apart to no avail. Getting a new one this week.
    06-17-12 10:17 AM
    Yes, a number of us have reported this problem. There are at least four or five different threads concerning this issue. My Playbook was doing the exact same thing. I did call RIM Customer Support and they were very helpful, walking me through at least three different re-installs of the operating system. They called me back numerous times to check on my progress. They did give me an RMA after the problem kept happening even after re-installing but not adding back any apps.

I sent the Playbook in and after two weeks, they couldn't get the issue to appear. I re-explained the problem, provided links to two different threads here on Crackberry about it (with pictures), and had my Playbook back three days later saying it was fixed.

Unfortunately, the problem still happens occasionally when I swipe to start up the Playbook; I can still get the gray screen with the stripes. The good part is that I just need to touch the power button to put it back to sleep, then re-swipe and it awakes fine. This didn't start happening for me until after installing the latest official update version (2.0.1.358). I'm beginning to believe it is some kind of video bug introduced somehow in that version that causes the Playbook to not wake up completely on occasion when swiped. Hopefully, the next update (whenever it comes) will correct it. It's a minor annoyance that I can put up with for a while. I still love my Playbook and wouldn't trade it for anything else!
    06-17-12 05:46 PM
    can understand from this words , that the problem not in hardware ?

Yes, a number of us have reported this problem. There are at least four or five different threads concerning this issue. My Playbook was doing the exact same thing. I did call RIM Customer Support and they were very helpful, walking me through at least three different re-installs of the operating system. They called me back numerous times to check on my progress. They did give me an RMA after the problem kept happening even after re-installing but not adding back any apps.

I sent the Playbook in and after two weeks, they couldn't get the issue to appear. I re-explained the problem, provided links to two different threads here on Crackberry about it (with pictures), and had my Playbook back three days later saying it was fixed.

Unfortunately, the problem still happens occasionally when I swipe to start up the Playbook; I can still get the gray screen with the stripes. The good part is that I just need to touch the power button to put it back to sleep, then re-swipe and it awakes fine. This didn't start happening for me until after installing the latest official update version (2.0.1.358). I'm beginning to believe it is some kind of video bug introduced somehow in that version that causes the Playbook to not wake up completely on occasion when swiped. Hopefully, the next update (whenever it comes) will correct it. It's a minor annoyance that I can put up with for a while. I still love my Playbook and wouldn't trade it for anything else!
    10-14-12 05:46 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD