Sounds like your power grid, or in house wiring sucks!
    07-29-11 01:52 PM
    I also just tried charging directly to the wall outlet like you instructed Chaddface, both with the supplied original PB and the Torch charger as the powerbar might be faulty like phillechill said but it still acted the same.
    Maybe bad wiring?

What I did notice is when the original charger and USB is used to charge and it reaches a 100%, the plug inside the battery icon dissappears, but when another none PB charger is used the plug remains even if its fully charged.
    I can imagine that this cannot be healthy for your battery on a long run and its a way to identify a original PB charger.

BTW when the USB charger is used the screen is totally stable..... I've been using the Torch USB as well so now we know our PB doesnt like other Blackberry wiring then its own.
    07-29-11 01:54 PM
    Sounds like your power grid, or in house wiring sucks!
    yup all other charging options work perfectly, car charging and original USB.
    07-29-11 02:01 PM
    yup all other charging options work perfectly, car charging and original USB.
    The plug icon under the battery must appear even if it was 100% because it shows you that it is connected to Electricity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 02:11 PM
    What is the output of the car charger? Should be on the package or the charger itself. Did you have the same issues when charging from the car?

hey Chaddface, cant seem to find any sign or output on the charger itself or on the package.
    I just asked the sales guy to provide me with the best BB charger he had and it cost me only 5 bucks, its one of those after market thingies with a made date on it April 2011, does have a sticker that says 8600/6500

Im posting this from the car and it responds quite well so the car charger also solves the keyboard issue.
    07-29-11 02:26 PM
    Glad it's not a hardware issue. The rapid charger should work well for you.
    07-29-11 03:00 PM
    Glad it's not a hardware issue. The rapid charger should work well for you.
    So am i not having to do a RMA as you never know how long something like that can take, thinking of selling this one and buying a 64GB anyways
    07-29-11 11:38 PM
    Dear Crackberry Members,

I've been having this issue with my Playbook since I bought it back in May and haven't seen anyone talking about it yet in the forums so thought let me see if I'm the only unlucky one out there with this issue.

Whenever I try to use my Playbook while its plugged in for charging the screen goes all over the place whether its true the normal charger or USB connected to a PC.
    What I mean with this is whenever you for example try to touch the screen for selecting a application, text, URL or just entering a password the screen doesn't focus on where you're finger is, it instead starts to go up and down while your finger is still in one place.
    When you try to type a mail or password it suddenly sellects 4 to 5 different letters or figures at the same time while you only tapped 1 and released the screen.
    The moment you remove the USB connector the screen focuses again and everything goes back to normal.

I have gone through all the OS releases several times ( re-installing several times ), re-setting, hard rebooting all of the possible solutions hoping this was a bug or and issue that would be solved or so, but have yet to find a solution for it.

Hope this is a known issue and RIM identifies and comes up with a solution as I dont think this is the way it should work and I am not handing in my PB as its now part of my life and daily routine.
    Is there anyone out there who identifies this and has the same issue.
    This happens to me whenever I'm connected to my big screen through HDMI. I know its weird and furstrating but idk what to do either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 03:41 AM
    This happens to me whenever I'm connected to my big screen through HDMI. I know its weird and furstrating but idk what to do either
    I had this problem every time I plugged it in to my monitor. I tried plugging it in to another TV and it was fine and since it's been fine in my monitor too.

I've also had this issue a few times when not plugged in to any thing. I've already posted in a couple of threads about this issue. I can't work out if it's static buildup causing it or some sort of interference. We need someone with a good scientific understanding of capacitance and what could affect it.
    07-30-11 04:17 AM
    i have figured out exactly when this occurs to my pb.
    1. it started happening since past 3 days, when I have installed the silicon case on it &
    2. it happends only when the pb is being charged.

so, if i want to charge the pb while working, i must remove the silicon case. It works perfectly fine then.
    or, if I want the silicon case to remain on the pb, then I cant charge it while working.
    in other words, a combination of charging with the silicon case on the pb result in my pb screen doing wierd things! Hope this might clear the air.

and i would like to thank this group as without reading the earlier posts about charging problems and wrong cases, i wouldnt have been able to figure out the exact combination which creates the problem. thank you guys! good work.
    12-26-11 10:38 AM
    I also have a silicon skin for my PB and also experience a jittery screen when attached to wall chargers with it on or off.

The 1-2 inch radius from the plug area affects the capacitive touch screen from what I can tell from typing on the keyboard. Affecting the area including F,G,H,J,C,V,B,N and space keys.

USB chargers less affected from DC sources with AC chargers affecting the screen the most. Perhaps chargers with ferrite beads or better shielding under the screen would reduce the AC frequency interference issue.
    Last edited by dundan; 01-05-12 at 11:42 PM.
    01-05-12 11:38 PM
    I have just gotten a new 4G pb, I sold my 64GB.
    The 64 worked fine always, the new 4G screen is erratic when it is charging.
    It has even gone and started downloading podcasts all by itself.
    I am using the supplied BB charger for the Playbook.
    I have no skins or cover on the PB.
    I have tried it in the wall direct, using a power bar.
    It charges fine (but slow) using the usb on the computer.
    It charges fine when I plug it into my "Razer Only" plug in the bathroom.
    I need it to be usable when charging... anybody have any ideas?
    09-30-12 09:04 PM
    Try other circuits. Don't use the power bar. Anywhere near a plasma tv or any tv? Another other appliances nearby?
    09-30-12 09:46 PM
    Dear Crackberry Members,

I've been having this issue with my Playbook since I bought it back in May and haven't seen anyone talking about it yet in the forums so thought let me see if I'm the only unlucky one out there with this issue.

Whenever I try to use my Playbook while its plugged in for charging the screen goes all over the place whether its true the normal charger or USB connected to a PC.
    What I mean with this is whenever you for example try to touch the screen for selecting a application, text, URL or just entering a password the screen doesn't focus on where you're finger is, it instead starts to go up and down while your finger is still in one place.
    When you try to type a mail or password it suddenly sellects 4 to 5 different letters or figures at the same time while you only tapped 1 and released the screen.
    The moment you remove the USB connector the screen focuses again and everything goes back to normal.

I have gone through all the OS releases several times ( re-installing several times ), re-setting, hard rebooting all of the possible solutions hoping this was a bug or and issue that would be solved or so, but have yet to find a solution for it.

Hope this is a known issue and RIM identifies and comes up with a solution as I dont think this is the way it should work and I am not handing in my PB as its now part of my life and daily routine.
    Is there anyone out there who identifies this and has the same issue.
    This happens to mine if I use a cheap USB charger and/or USB cable. Friend of mine bought cheap chargers for iPods and the same thing happened. You will need thicker shielded cables.
    09-30-12 10:13 PM
    almost had the same issue as OP, but instead of when the charger is plugged, mine is when the playbook is plugged to a TV via HDMI. tapping on the icons gives me random result (ie tapping on calendar activates the camera)
    didnt bother figuring out or solving issue since i use my BB Phone as a remote.
    Last edited by faceless_el; 10-01-12 at 12:52 AM.
    10-01-12 12:49 AM
    I've had this problem on both of my PlayBooks. It's really annoying.
    10-01-12 02:24 AM
    It's semi playbook problem. But in all cases, your electricity connection (the wall socket, or whatever you call them) is producing this behavior. Buy one of those phase testers (screwdriver like) and you'll see. Charge is shoving on everything that is made of conducting metal. Laptop charger, pb charger, metallic laptop parts(dvd drive, cooling shield) etc.

Maybe it's PB screen grounding problem, who knows. And yes, it's very annoying.
    10-01-12 02:56 AM
    This happened to me while I was travelling a train and I tried to charge it in the outlet provided by railways. But not in anywhere
    10-01-12 03:15 AM
    Mine goes crazy due to electro magnetic fields around switchgear, same thing happens to my laptops too though. I have to move them 2-3 metres away from electronic panels I am working on. If sites I visit have a bad earth or poor screening on power cables it causes the dancing around. If my laptop is plugged into mains and then I plug PlayBook into laptop, if screen on PlayBook starts dancing around I unplug laptop from mains and then PlayBook is charging from laptop battery, it behaves, so earthing is bad or laptop charger is interfering with PlayBook or both.
    Static won't help if you are using on nylon carpet and a lot of other charging devices around, try naked in bathroom lol on wooden door or non nylon carpet area, but shaver chargers in bathroom may also not have a good earth due to lots of moisture and corrosion.
    Good luck
    10-01-12 05:06 AM
    I just switched from my PlayBook charger to my bold charger. The screen is fine, same outlet, same room, just a smaller charger. I am typing on it now, that was impossible with the PlayBook charger.

It will take a long time to charge though.
    10-01-12 08:26 PM
    I just switched from my PlayBook charger to my bold charger. The screen is fine, same outlet, same room, just a smaller charger. I am typing on it now, that was impossible with the PlayBook charger.

It will take a long time to charge though.
    10-01-12 08:27 PM
    I used a cheap-o charger and I couldn't do anything it was so bad, then used rapid charger and have had no issues. It probably has to do with interference in the wall outlet and the cheap charger.
    10-01-12 08:36 PM
    I have only bb issued chargers. The one that came with my bold, and the one that came with the PlayBook. Using the same wall socket, the bold one works fine, the PlayBook one renders my PlayBook unusable.
    10-01-12 08:59 PM
    I have only bb issued chargers. The one that came with my bold, and the one that came with the PlayBook. Using the same wall socket, the bold one works fine, the PlayBook one renders my PlayBook unusable.
    Possibly a bad charger???
    10-01-12 09:23 PM
    I have this same issue with all my touch blackberrys and my PlayBook when charging in my car with a duracell power inverter. I have another brand of inverter that does not cause this. Nor do I have the issue on any device when plugged straight into the wall with any charger. Power source is the root cause in my case.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-01-12 09:33 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD