Screen capture by holding down the two volume buttons doesn't work when bluetooth is enabled. I nust did some tests. Bluetooth off, screen capture works. I turn it on, and it no longer captures a screen shot. Do other ppl experience this too? Seems lime a software bug.
    12-08-11 09:32 PM
    wow- cant type on the playbook, pardon the typos!
    12-08-11 09:33 PM
    works fine for me
    12-08-11 09:45 PM
    I just did one a short while ago to show someone in one of the threads (Odd or software type of subject) the RED CORNER notification image. BT was on.

Now, I've heard that some may have problems with BES, I think.
    12-08-11 10:06 PM
    screen capture will not work if you are bridged to a BlackBerry connected to BES.

this is by design and has been discussed at length even before the PlayBook was released.
    fgoyti, Altarocks and harley_1754 like this.
    12-08-11 10:18 PM
    osubass1 - thanks. So I see it's not just me then. I'm still surprised though. It should at least give a warning message if it's a "feature". Though I don't see any real benefit of that. Only thing I can think of is security but if you entered your credentials to open your messages, then you should also be able to take a screenshot
    12-09-11 08:13 AM
    osubass1 - thanks. So I see it's not just me then. I'm still surprised though. It should at least give a warning message if it's a "feature". Though I don't see any real benefit of that. Only thing I can think of is security but if you entered your credentials to open your messages, then you should also be able to take a screenshot
    I gather the issue is - message do NOT stay on the pb. When you close Email on the pb, the messages are gone but if you shoot a screenshot, you can retain the picture of the email. I'm just glad my device is private and mine to control - both phone and pb.
    12-09-11 11:03 AM
    message do NOT stay on the pb. When you close Email on the pb, the messages are gone but if you shoot a screenshot, you can retain the picture of the email.
    I'm going to play devil's advocate and counter that. If I wanted to save a message, I can copy and paste the text or take a picture of it with a camera. So to limit the "screen capture" capability from the user is a moot point.

The *only* reason I can think of is an application-triggered screenshot. So for example, spyware that takes a screenshot every 5 minutes and catches your email. But even with that reasoning, it should not prevent the USER from physically pressing both volume keys to take a screenshot
    Robert Calhoun likes this.
    12-09-11 12:20 PM
    I'm going to play devil's advocate and counter that. If I wanted to save a message, I can copy and paste the text or take a picture of it with a camera. So to limit the "screen capture" capability from the user is a moot point.

The *only* reason I can think of is an application-triggered screenshot. So for example, spyware that takes a screenshot every 5 minutes and catches your email. But even with that reasoning, it should not prevent the USER from physically pressing both volume keys to take a screenshot
    Are you sure you can Copy/Paste? If so, can you paste into anywhere you want? Sure you could take a picture, but what if you work for one of the many companies out there that make you use a non-camera BlackBerry?

This could very well be something that the Admin would have control over, I don't a clue though...
    12-09-11 12:57 PM
    Are you sure you can Copy/Paste?
    Good point. I assumed wrong, it turns out you cannot copy from a Bridged email. Very interesting. In my opinion, a bit excessive but probably a design decision.
    12-09-11 01:24 PM
    screen capture will not work if you are bridged to a BlackBerry connected to BES.

this is by design and has been discussed at length even before the PlayBook was released.
    I don't remember ever reading this before. But thanks for the heads-up. Makes sense. This has been driving me crazy for months! I just did a quick test by turning off BT and voila, it worked.
    12-09-11 01:37 PM
    Good point. I assumed wrong, it turns out you cannot copy from a Bridged email. Very interesting. In my opinion, a bit excessive but probably a design decision.
    I don't have BES. You MAY be able to copy - Start a reply to the message. See if you can copy/paste while in the REPLY. Kill the reply and see if what you copied is still in the copy buffer.
    12-09-11 03:08 PM
    Still an issue - forgot I was bridged, wanted to grab a browser screen - didn't work, eventually disabled BT on both BB and PB to finally be able to capture - residual linkage to allow internet through bridge may have been part of problem, the other day I noticed my usual access was slow, system was choosing bridge rather than wifi connect. Glad I wasn't streaming anything!
    01-20-12 11:28 AM
    Screen capture is no longer working for me. Disabled bluetooth on PB and BB, even rebooted PB, but nothing. Wonder if it has to do with BES?
    02-22-12 06:25 PM
    screen capture works just fine here, tried to replicate the issue's you guys got and mine still snaps and clicks.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-22-12 06:26 PM
    Working here also, no problems. Sorry no explanations
    02-22-12 06:34 PM
    Working here also, no problems. Sorry no explanations
    And you guys are on BES with BlackBerry Balance?

I really don't want to wipe/reinstall just for screen capture...
    02-22-12 07:23 PM
    i'm not on BES with BlackBerry Balance though and a working screencapture.
    02-22-12 07:25 PM
    It would make sense for BlackBerry Balance to be blocking this, just like bridge blocked it.
    02-22-12 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD