I did some searches and didn't find an answer. Is there a scientific calculator app that does very large and small logs like -23 and 20 that are often used in dB calcs? The apps I have tried don't seem to be able to handle the conversions as the very small number consistantly come back zero.
    05-07-12 05:50 PM
    I did some searches and didn't find an answer. Is there a scientific calculator app that does very large and small logs like -23 and 20 that are often used in dB calcs? The apps I have tried don't seem to be able to handle the conversions as the very small number consistantly come back zero.
    Yes. The native calculator app. Swipe down from the top bezel. Select Scientific and away you go
    05-07-12 06:29 PM
    Not really a math wiz here but the PB calculator app has a scientific calculator. Just swipe down from the top of the calculator to get at it as well as the unit converter and the tip calculator. Not sure about log -23 tho...
    05-07-12 06:36 PM
    Lygea makes an excellent line of HP RPN calculator emulators. I've used their HP 10C version for years on several different BlackBerry devices. Not free but well worth the money. It works especially well with a touch screen 9930.

Welcome to Lygea Calculators
    05-07-12 08:46 PM
    You can also use the "ln"/"log" functions in Sheets2Go.
    05-07-12 09:19 PM
    Both Sheets to Go and the native PB calculator in scientific mode will handle these type of calculations with sufficient accuracy.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-07-12 09:32 PM
    Mind fart. Got it now. Thanks to all.
    05-08-12 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD