Maybe a simple "you can't do that" or a " yes just do this" sort of question but is it possible to save emails or alter the time before they disappear or auto deleted?

I am not talking about attachments, just the basic email.
    I came to look for one last night and could'nt find it anywhere on the PB.
    Cheers
    03-21-13 05:38 AM
    You cannot do that on the PlayBook.
    03-21-13 06:56 AM
    cheers for that, couldn't find anything on the web so gatherd that was the case!
    must now remember to save on my phone now.
    03-21-13 08:04 AM
    I sync to my outlook.com account (recently switched from Gmail) and just click on the folder I want to save to. I have a folder called "Archive" for permanent stuff and "Temp" for temporary stuff.
    03-21-13 08:28 AM
    One of the many Android apps could do that. I currently use Kaiten Mail where what I don't want to delete, is not deleted. You also have K9-mail, I believe it's mostly a matter of GUI taste.
    03-21-13 12:53 PM
    One of the many Android apps could do that. I currently use Kaiten Mail where what I don't want to delete, is not deleted. You also have K9-mail, I believe it's mostly a matter of GUI taste.
    One of the apps, android "Email", is already installed on your PB as part of the android runtime. It needs to be accessed though an android app manager, though, the easiest of which to use for this purpose is probably Quick App Manager (in App World).
    Herve5 likes this.
    03-21-13 04:19 PM
    One of the apps, android "Email", is already installed on your PB as part of the android runtime. It needs to be accessed though an android app manager, though, the easiest of which to use for this purpose is probably Quick App Manager (in App World).
    Indeed I didn't try it up to now! (while I did have Quick App manager!)
    Thanks for the tip!
    There doesn't seem to be a specific setting to "keep all messages" (for the OP question) but there is a way to "star" some of them: maybe those, will stay forever?

Other than that, I went back to the default Blackberry mail app, and I can say I have really old emails still there, like, 6 months ago when I created the account. Now, this may be due to the fact I also maintain the same old message on the server?
    03-22-13 05:31 AM