When I link my PlayBook to my BB phone (Tour 9630) via BB Bridge, I can bring up on the PlayBook all of the memos I have keyed in and saved on my phone (and they look great on the PlayBook). I would like to then save those memos on the PlayBook itself, but I can't figure out a way to do that. In short, I would really like to move all of these memos to the PlayBook as I have at least 300 pages of notes I have taken at lectures and tech and legal conferences. Surely there's an easy, basic way to save the phone-recorded memos on the PlayBook when I view them on the latter device, but I havent figured out what it is. Help . . .
    08-22-12 03:47 PM
    I don't think there is any direct way. If you have Outlook on the computer, you can open them there. I'm not sure if there's any easy method to export them to a plain text file in one fell swoop or each individually. There is/was a program that could read bbphone backup files and there might be something in there that could help.

Let's see if anyone else has ideas.
    08-22-12 04:09 PM
    What about copying the Memos and putting into Word to Go, or an email and picking them up on the PB? (Open memo, Menu, start selection, copy)

Could be a lengthy process - but you can select the important ones.
    08-22-12 06:14 PM
    The Memos is one of the reasons I love Outlook and BlackBerry. I have not found a way to sync those on any other platform reliably.
    08-22-12 06:43 PM
    Copy all ur memo to Evernote ?
    08-22-12 07:26 PM
    X2 on Evernote. Synchs to my PB, my 9800, 2 laptops, a desktop and a Droid.
    08-22-12 07:45 PM
    X2 on Evernote. Synchs to my PB, my 9800, 2 laptops, a desktop and a Droid.
    I hate the handheld Evernote app. It's one piece of c#@pware. My laptop and PlayBook on the other hand are in love with Evernote.

Although I agree that it is a good solution, the OP already has loads of notes. He would need to manually move them all to Evernote.

What you could do, if you don't have/use Outlook, is download MagicBerry and have it read yoru memos from a backup and then move them into Evernote.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    08-22-12 07:57 PM
    I hate the handheld Evernote app.
    I can't argue with that too much regarding the BB version. The android one is pretty decent. I usually just read on any of my phones. For example, I maintain lists of my frequent traveler numbers (hotels, airlines, rental cars, etc.). It's way easier to retrieve on a phone.
    08-22-12 08:12 PM
    I like having PIM data all in one place. I do use Evernote for other stuff & don't like the BB app either.
    08-23-12 12:43 AM
    The reason for BlackBerry to introduce BlackBerry Bridge is to eliminate the entire need for 'synchronization' between personally owned devices such as BB smartphone and BB PlayBook. This takes out the dependency on an always-on Internet connection and 3rd Party applications.

To effectively use BB Bridge, Set a password on your handheld which will also be used on the tablet to unlock a Bridge connection. Next, you can set your Bluetooth connection to hidden on both handheld and tablet after successfully setting up Bridge. You then need to leave Bluetooth always 'On' on both handheld and tablet.

As and when you require to access your BB Memos, you can enter the BB Bridge folder on your PB and tap on Memos icon, which will first establish a connection with your handheld and then ask for a security password (keeping it protected in case of unattended PB). You can then view and edit your Memos, saving them once you're done.

After you have finished, any changes will be simultaneously saved on your handheld and then you can click on 'Disconnect' from the top bar Bridge icon. Thus ending any Bluetooth usage but Bridge icons always remain.

In this entire process, no battery is wasted since Bluetooth firstly does not consume much battery, secondly, in disconnected mode, the Bluetooth will not be searching for any devices nor will it be visible to other devices in a Bluetooth search.. and thirdly you have no need for Internet to Sync the data.

Personally I don't see any other effective way of managing your Memos between your handheld and tablet.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    08-23-12 02:54 AM
    When I link my PlayBook to my BB phone (Tour 9630) via BB Bridge, I can bring up on the PlayBook all of the memos I have keyed in and saved on my phone (and they look great on the PlayBook). I would like to then save those memos on the PlayBook itself, but I can't figure out a way to do that. In short, I would really like to move all of these memos to the PlayBook as I have at least 300 pages of notes I have taken at lectures and tech and legal conferences. Surely there's an easy, basic way to save the phone-recorded memos on the PlayBook when I view them on the latter device, but I havent figured out what it is. Help . . .
    The reason for BlackBerry to introduce BlackBerry Bridge is to eliminate the entire need for 'synchronization' between personally owned devices such as BB smartphone and BB PlayBook. This takes out the dependency on an always-on Internet connection and 3rd Party applications.

To effectively use BB Bridge, Set a password on your handheld which will also be used on the tablet to unlock a Bridge connection. Next, you can set your Bluetooth connection to hidden on both handheld and tablet after successfully setting up Bridge. You then need to leave Bluetooth always 'On' on both handheld and tablet.

As and when you require to access your BB Memos, you can enter the BB Bridge folder on your PB and tap on Memos icon, which will first establish a connection with your handheld and then ask for a security password (keeping it protected in case of unattended PB). You can then view and edit your Memos, saving them once you're done.

After you have finished, any changes will be simultaneously saved on your handheld and then you can click on 'Disconnect' from the top bar Bridge icon. Thus ending any Bluetooth usage but Bridge icons always remain.

In this entire process, no battery is wasted since Bluetooth firstly does not consume much battery, secondly, in disconnected mode, the Bluetooth will not be searching for any devices nor will it be visible to other devices in a Bluetooth search.. and thirdly you have no need for Internet to Sync the data.

Personally I don't see any other effective way of managing your Memos between your handheld and tablet.
    BBIO I like your thinking and practical info on Memo and Bridging and Bluetooth - but the OP is looking for ideas/suggestions re keeping the Memo info on the PB itself.

So far some interesting thoughts have come up.
    08-23-12 03:26 AM
    BBIO I like your thinking and practical info on Memo and Bridging and Bluetooth - but the OP is looking for ideas/suggestions re keeping the Memo info on the PB itself.

So far some interesting thoughts have come up.
    The Memos are 'Always' on the the PlayBook.. Just that, to access it, it will need a Bluetooth connection and password to the handheld. It won't be be an 'immediate' launch of the app, but it's definitely always there on the PlayBook..
    08-23-12 03:49 AM
    Isnt there any file managment app to do the trick?

Like, copy/paste the memos from the phone to the tablet?

I'm with the same problem...

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-23-12 04:04 AM
    Can Ghost Commander browse through the phones files while its bridged with the PB?

That's an ideia ^^

Gotta try it.

08-23-12 04:05 AM
    If export is what you're talking about then it's possible but slightly complicated. You will need to sync Memos with MS Outlook 2010 (I have) as Notes and then you can copy paste the Notes from within MSO to your folder.

However, you will get .MSG files and will have to get these converted as PB does not support this format.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    08-23-12 07:21 AM
    Can Ghost Commander browse through the phones files while its bridged with the PB?

That's an ideia ^^

Gotta try it.

The notes are not stored anywhere in reach of the user. That's part of the issue.
    08-23-12 01:38 PM
    I don't recall if a backup of Outlook and the memos might give you some convoluted access to the data files in Memo although they might be run together in some odd format.
    08-23-12 05:05 PM
    Thanks to all of you who replied to my query. I'm gratified that I wasn't overlooking an obvious way to save BB phone memos to my PlayBook. My mistake was thinking that since I could display a phone-based memo on the PlayBook screen, I could save that memo file directly to the PlayBook itself. BlackBerryIO supplied the term that I was looking for, i.e., "export", and all of you confirmed that there is no way to export phone files directly to a PlayBook via BB Bridge. Thank you for the work-around suggestions.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    08-23-12 06:28 PM
    I don't recall if a backup of Outlook and the memos might give you some convoluted access to the data files in Memo although they might be run together in some odd format.
    .msg files are the result of an Outlook sync.. It's very easy to copy paste memos from ms outlook 2010 to say your desktop. Playbook does not support .txt nor does it support .rtf nor does Docstogo support a renamed .doc file.

On BB10, they should definitely have native support on all 3 formats, .msg, .txt & .rtf and Docstogo which can read renamed .doc like on the desktop.
    08-23-12 10:41 PM
    Actually, I believe you can open txt files in the browser as odd as that may be.
    08-24-12 12:35 AM
    oh ya, I read your post which said you need to enter the file path address in the browser.. I meant it for editing.. thanks
    08-24-12 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD