I save a picture from a web site using the press and hold method (Press screen until it gives me the option to save the image). I give the image a name but I don't see the pictures on my pictures folder. I CAN see all the pictures that I took with the internal camera, scrapbook, screenshots and etc. Any suggestions?
    11-06-11 01:45 PM
    Look in the downloads or document folder
    11-06-11 01:46 PM
    Make sure when you download that you add the extension .jpg to your pic file name. If you don't, it doesn't show up in the pic folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    spielll likes this.
    11-06-11 02:09 PM
    The one I just saved is found in the Pictures app. It is located in the Downloads folder. But as someone mentioned, if it lost its jpg (other) extension it might not show up. You'd need a 3rd party app to rename or "re-extension" it or do so from your computer.
    11-06-11 03:35 PM
    Got it! thanks to all those that responded.
    11-06-11 06:42 PM
    Lol, ok this is a dumb question - so let me put that out there in advance.

I can't find the Downloads Folder on my PB ....
    11-06-11 08:29 PM
    Good Heavens !
    As F2 just pointed out in his other post , just get the free app Air Browser and you will not be disappointed. A nice file browser .
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    11-06-11 08:36 PM
    Thx Susu

Like on the phone, is there a Native PB Downloads folder?

Because that's what I can't find.
    11-06-11 09:37 PM
    Lol, ok this is a dumb question - so let me put that out there in advance.

I can't find the Downloads Folder on my PB ....
    As Susu noted, you generally need a 3rd party file-manager type app to explore around (or see below). If it is a photo, it will show up in the Picture app and the "ALBUM" name will be Downloads.

You can also explore the pb's "hidden" assets to some extent. In the Browser
    type:

file:\

(or file:\\\ or some variation as rim has changed the needed format).

Then you can navigate SOME of the folders. I believe the hierarchy is

/accounts/1000/shared/

(pb is downstairs!)
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    11-06-11 09:39 PM
    Thanks F2 - yeah when I typed in file:\ in the browser it opened at file:///

I'm not at all confident of unpacking any of the folders that it shows (yeah, chicken) so I'll download Air Browser.

Thanks for your help.
    11-06-11 09:52 PM
    Actually, in the Browser you really can't do much damage since it does not contain any DELETE functions. And if you point at certain files, they will actually open, like jpg's or, in my case, I open an html file which serves as my HomePage.
    11-06-11 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD