Oh please, Android came out in 2008. Google spent roughly two years on it.
    Yeah, Apple has been working on iOS for 7-8 years TODAY in 2012*, and if you recall, people started telling RIM that they had to come up with something that could compete with the iPhone already in 2008 and 2009. If they had listened then, the situation would be much different today.

*Of course I assume you're smart enough to disregard the bs stories Apples lawyers told the jury in that infamous trial, about how they've been working secretly at the iPhones for 5 years before it launched. Wooden prototypes and speculative studies don't count...
    I think you need to double check your Android history. It was started in 2003 with assistance from Google by Android Inc, purchased outright by Google in 2005. The first phone came out in 2008, but Android has been in development for 9 years.
    09-25-12 02:30 PM
    �A thriving app ecosystem is vital,� Gelblum, who rates RIM the equivalent of a sell, said in a research note yesterday. �We are finding literally zero support for RIM�s new BB10 OS, following our latest developer checks, raising the possibility that when RIM finally throws its big BB10 launch party, nobody shows up.�
    09-25-12 03:04 PM
    I think if you rewatch the keynote it looks like he dropped the release date of Jan 21 without actually confirming this.
    09-25-12 03:27 PM
    I think if you rewatch the keynote it looks like he dropped the release date of Jan 21 without actually confirming this.
    January 21 is the date devs have to submit their BB10 apps. No way BB10 can launch on that same date.
    09-25-12 03:32 PM
    Yes, and what a wonderful OS it was. Are you still using your Android phone from 2008. Seriously, read the entire comment because I am giving you clues.
    Those OSes have been continually updated since their initial release. If RIM released one like Android 2.1, people would laugh at them today.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    09-25-12 04:00 PM
    No, a new game derived from Angry Birds and it is called "Angry RIM's"

You don't even need access to the web or device. Just eat spicy food

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
    kbz1960, GolfCity and bungaboy like this.
    09-25-12 04:15 PM
    Yeah, Apple has been working on iOS for 7-8 years TODAY in 2012*, and if you recall, people started telling RIM that they had to come up with something that could compete with the iPhone already in 2008 and 2009. If they had listened then, the situation would be much different today.

*Of course I assume you're smart enough to disregard the bs stories Apples lawyers told the jury in that infamous trial, about how they've been working secretly at the iPhones for 5 years before it launched. Wooden prototypes and speculative studies don't count...
    Android development began in 2003.
    09-25-12 04:18 PM
    January 21 is the date devs have to submit their BB10 apps. No way BB10 can launch on that same date.
    So now we know the BlackBerry 10 smartphones will not be released in January 2013. They will be lucky if 1Q2013 is even on the delivery target schedule.
    09-25-12 05:13 PM
    So now we still know nothing.
    JeepBB and pmccartney like this.
    09-25-12 05:16 PM
    Deleted by me
    Last edited by balding1; 09-25-12 at 05:49 PM.
    09-25-12 05:28 PM
    So is their Stock!

Boom!!! Lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-25-12 05:31 PM
    Good to know, thanks for this official and non-rumored update Thorsten!

... #AndYouKnowThisHow?
    09-25-12 05:42 PM
    Good to know, thanks for this official and non-rumored update Thorsten!

... #AndYouKnowThisHow?
    #ByListeningToTodaysJamPresentation.

And then there's this: https://developer.blackberry.com/bui...ommitment.html

Or do you think RIM will release BB10 before its apps are ready?
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-25-12 08:42 PM
    You know at my age I don't recall all of the posts in this thread but ....

Were there really any surprises revealed, announced or discovered today?
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-25-12 09:09 PM
    Well, watching the presentation was interesting and there is alot to look forward to regarding BB10. I'm not sure if any "secrets" were revealed with perhaps the exception of the coding of the new BB10 browser.

Was disappointed that the Playbook received next to nothing in terms of acknowledgement and mention. I think I counted only 3 or 4 times that it was. Hopefully that's not a sign of anything.

I doubt its a sign of the PB dying or not getting any attention. However the attention has to be on the phones as its whats going to drive the sales.

No worries mate.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-25-12 09:12 PM
    You know at my age I don't recall all of the posts in this thread but ....

Were there really any surprises revealed, announced or discovered today?
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh..........
    09-25-12 09:14 PM
    Nobody wants a household computer. Or at least nobody wants that enough to pay for it.

Just open your shutters on your own, and you will be fine.
    LOL. It is idiotic....or at least nonsensically overrated. I can't remember how long this silly "bullet point" has been trumpeted on everything from cars, to phones, to PC's, to....

Turn on your home lights by remote!!! The house turns on your lights as you arrive!!! Control your home lights from your car!!!!

I'm sure the 10 people who salivate at this notion are thrilled, but the rest of us go...O..K....nice 50's utopian dream...I just wish their were machines that could wash my dishes, or an oven that could pop popcorn in seconds....
    09-25-12 11:39 PM
    No, a new game derived from Angry Birds and it is called "Angry RIM's"
    Wouldn't that be Angry CrackBerrians or maybe even Angry Berrys. Thank you, for not tossing those tomatoes on the table. You wouldn't like me when I am angry.
    09-26-12 12:20 AM
    �A thriving app ecosystem is vital,� Gelblum, who rates RIM the equivalent of a sell, said in a research note yesterday. �We are finding literally zero support for RIM�s new BB10 OS, following our latest developer checks, raising the possibility that when RIM finally throws its big BB10 launch party, nobody shows up.�
    Who's Gelblum? I googled it but the first page of results were all different people. Doesn't seem to be exactly the authoritative source for financial news
    09-26-12 12:30 AM

RIM did release a device to compete with the iPhone.

It was called the Storm.

The iPhone killer, remember?
    09-26-12 12:54 AM
    I doubt its a sign of the PB dying or not getting any attention. However the attention has to be on the phones as its whats going to drive the sales.

No worries mate.

I hope your right. I know they are focusing on their upcoming phones, and rightfully so, but given the fact that BB10 is supposed to be coming for the Playbook, I had hoped to see some inclusion of the Playbook within the presentation - at the very least to show developers how BB10 will be operating/look like on the tablet considering many developers have coded for the PB and are in the process of converting to the phones.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-26-12 01:46 AM
    RIM did release a device to compete with the iPhone.

It was called the Storm.

The iPhone killer, remember?
    Its a killer alright. Almost killed the BB platform for many of us imho.

Having said that, I am liking what I see at the latest Jam. It might just be enough to bring the BB platform close to up to par with iOS and android. i.e. if RIM doesn't perform their traditional a-la-release-a-half-bake-product again (*fingers crossed* *rain dance* *praying to the almight mobile gods* *lucky charm* *rabbit foot* and all.)

Then the real work starts in trying to sustain and gain marketshare.

In the meantime, so little news of BB10 on PB. I am worried... just a little.
    09-26-12 02:06 AM
    #ByListeningToTodaysJamPresentation.

And then there's this: https://developer.blackberry.com/bui...ommitment.html

Or do you think RIM will release BB10 before its apps are ready?
    BB10 Apps can be submitted immediately. They don't all wait until the deadline to submit. I suspect they will be submitting their apps to RIM to cash in on the $10K asap, if they meet the criteria..
    Appworld will have plenty of apps ready before Jan 21st.
    Edit: Let's remember, it will run Droid apps too.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 09-26-12 at 08:39 AM.
    09-26-12 08:34 AM

No worries mate.

i wouldn't bank on "doubt its a sign of the PB dying", considering it would be almost a 3 year old device when BB10 goes to PB, if it ever goes there...

Also, isn't the PB a discontinued device? they sold it at a discount so they can get rid of it.

The safe bet is them making a new device if BB10 sells well. they won't throw too much cash on an old device. probably will make a PB2 or something.
    09-26-12 09:42 AM
    considering it would be almost a 3 year old device when BB10 goes to PB
    While no one knows when BB10 will make it to the PB, I think three years is a bit of an exaggeration.
    09-26-12 09:48 AM
101 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD