Bah. Talk is cheap. Bring it on RIM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    So is their Stock!
    JeepBB and h20work like this.
    09-25-12 08:29 AM
    Well I think something big is coming look at this tweet ..

This type of cryptic hype used to get my adrenaline going, now not so much.

Beginning to feel like the rabbit that the carrot is constantly being dangled in front of.
    rculver likes this.
    09-25-12 08:34 AM
    ok, I am gona start this new rumor: The BB10 is coming before Christmas!
    BerryClever and Stewartj1 like this.
    09-25-12 08:52 AM
    ok, I am gona start this new rumor: The BB10 is coming before Christmas!
    Nice! A week after 2.1 is released I will start some "stupid RIM, they missed BB10 release date!" threads.
    09-25-12 09:08 AM
    Gotta remember, this conference is for developers. My bet is its some kind of developing tool, or something of that nature.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Stewartj1 and bungaboy like this.
    09-25-12 09:09 AM
    A WMD, no wait, they've already used that.
    09-25-12 09:15 AM
    The times, they are a'changin.
    It's a pity that RIM didn't take that slogan to heart a few years ago; perhaps if they had, we wouldn't be in the mess that we are. Times have changed; the real question, which we will see today, is whether RIM has finally changed as well.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-25-12 09:31 AM
    It's a pity that RIM didn't take that slogan to heart a few years ago; perhaps if they had, we wouldn't be in the mess that we are. Times have changed; the real question, which we will see today, is whether RIM has finally changed as well.
    Maybe you can give me your estimate of how long it should take to develop an OS equivalent to the ones Apple and Google have been working on for up to 7 years.
    Then add all of the functionality that RIM has that iOS and Android don't, like security and the BES applications.
    Oh, an maybe you can tell me your experience in these fields, just so I know how much faith to put in your estimates.
    PatrickMJS, Cesare21 and bungaboy like this.
    09-25-12 09:41 AM
    Maybe you can give me your estimate of how long it should take to develop an OS equivalent to the ones Apple and Google have been working on for up to 7 years.
    Then add all of the functionality that RIM has that iOS and Android don't, like security and the BES applications.
    Oh, an maybe you can tell me your experience in these fields, just so I know how much faith to put in your estimates.
    Oh please, Android came out in 2008. Google spent roughly two years on it.
    Yeah, Apple has been working on iOS for 7-8 years TODAY in 2012*, and if you recall, people started telling RIM that they had to come up with something that could compete with the iPhone already in 2008 and 2009. If they had listened then, the situation would be much different today.

*Of course I assume you're smart enough to disregard the bs stories Apples lawyers told the jury in that infamous trial, about how they've been working secretly at the iPhones for 5 years before it launched. Wooden prototypes and speculative studies don't count...
    JeepBB and balding1 like this.
    09-25-12 09:59 AM
    I think Alec is announcing all stand-in NFL umpires are getting BB phones so they can BBM each other during the games to hopefully make better calls. What a joke. (that is the NFL ) Hope today is big day for RIM!!
    09-25-12 10:08 AM
    Omg bookmark management on pb browser finally?
    09-25-12 10:28 AM
    The point is that RIM was late to the party in adapting the changing times and demands of consumers; they failed to, and ignored, what was happening around them whereas other platforms didnt - and those are the ones that consumers gravitated towards. You can rave all you want about security and BES applications; but if they were so important to consumers and businesses, you wouldn't have had a mass exodous from RIM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-25-12 10:35 AM
    I think Alec is announcing all stand-in NFL umpires are getting BB phones so they can BBM each other during the games to hopefully make better calls. What a joke. (that is the NFL ) Hope today is big day for RIM!!
    ROTFLMAO!!! I'd laugh even harder if it wasn't so sad at the same time. Still love my pb but I'm done with the silly teaser tweets. If it gets here, it gets here, if not, guess I'll figure out where to go when the time comes.
    rcm1301 likes this.
    09-25-12 10:51 AM
    Omg bookmark management on pb browser finally?
    Now that would be an amazing surprise but I'm figuring that's not it. Think they've stopped even worrying about our browser. But - thanks for playing.
    09-25-12 10:54 AM
    Unless I'm just not finding it there is no bookmark management in win8 release preview either. I think they and RIM are doing this on purpose.
    Toodeurep and bungaboy like this.
    09-25-12 10:56 AM
    Guys! Watch the live blog and check out Crackberry's video on the dev beta. OMG, it's too nice.
    09-25-12 11:23 AM
    Well I think something big is coming look at this tweet ..
    Another talking head. I preferred Max Headroom from the 1980s.
    09-25-12 11:26 AM
    bb10 will leapfrog competition no doubt about it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    Into bankruptcy court? I jest. I jest.
    09-25-12 11:27 AM
    Probably something REALLY important to all of us using our BlackBerry's that are over the age of 12... a new version of Angry Birds.

RIM synonymous with .
    09-25-12 11:27 AM
    I think it's more along the lines of how much he really digs his new Apple OS. Angry birds looks so much better on a retina display.
    RamR likes this.
    09-25-12 11:37 AM
    skype and netflix support
    09-25-12 12:40 PM
    Probably something REALLY important to all of us using our BlackBerry's that are over the age of 12... a new version of Angry Birds.

RIM synonymous with .
    No, a new game derived from Angry Birds and it is called "Angry RIM's"
    09-25-12 12:42 PM
    skype and netflix support
    ROTFLMAO!!! Sorry, couldn't help myself.
    09-25-12 12:47 PM
    oh well, judging by the keynote address at the Jam none of the surprises affect the PB in the near future. No mention of 2.1, no real mention of PB bar in passing. As expected all on BB10 - which looks great, but zip, nada, nowt about 2.1.

Disappointed....absolutely..
    Surprised....Not really...
    09-25-12 12:49 PM
    Well, watching the presentation was interesting and there is alot to look forward to regarding BB10. I'm not sure if any "secrets" were revealed with perhaps the exception of the coding of the new BB10 browser.

Was disappointed that the Playbook received next to nothing in terms of acknowledgement and mention. I think I counted only 3 or 4 times that it was. Hopefully that's not a sign of anything.
    09-25-12 12:50 PM
101 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD