No hyperbole needed. Just the facts.

rim-is-still-a-turnaround-story
    07-27-12 05:01 PM
    "Assuming sales are reasonably constant at this lower level, up to the release of the BB10, the cash position of the company is quite good. Any talk of imminent collapse of the company comes in the "stupid analysis" bracket."

This quote is key, but a bit conflicted.

First, i agree: there is no imminent collapse for RIM. If they continue on a downward spiral and if BB10 is a flop, it will be a slow death with a likely eventual sell off.

Second, he's assuming sales will be constant on BB7 devices until BB10 comes out, but that's a very big IF. I think the money situation will be quite tight at the time of BB10 launch. RIM will have to throw everything they've got at the BB10 platform, it's all or nothing.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    07-27-12 05:13 PM
    I'm not sure what you were getteing at here. Buy the stock when its cheap?

As for stock prices Its unlikely it will get back to the $150 lvl and I feel sorry for the people who bought at this price.

RIM has some promising devices coming down the pipe and I expect a year from now the stock will be worth $20/share

Just my opinion though, could be a good buy.

Considering your join date and number of posts, is this a Troll thread?
    07-27-12 05:18 PM

This is a link to an article where the author takes a look at numbers and renders an opinion on what might occur in the future for RIM. I thought it was a useful, informative article regarding RIM'S financial future and current situation with a look at numbers. I'm not 'getteing' at anything.

What does my join date or number of posts have to do with the link or the article?
    How is any of this trolling. You need to get yourself a dictionary and start with O's.
    Read down until you get to Objective.
    07-27-12 06:24 PM

As for stock prices Its unlikely it will get back to the $150 lvl and I feel sorry for the people who bought at this price.

RIM has some promising devices coming down the pipe and I expect a year from now the stock will be worth $20/share

Just my opinion though, could be a good buy.

So why not wait until after next quarter results to buy? It will probably be a loss and negative will be overstated as usual.

I believe in RIMM in the long run very much!!!
    07-28-12 12:01 PM
    As article makes clear, the company hinges on three things: B10 is not further delayed, BB10 is very successful, and sales remain level now. All of these assumptions are suspect and that accounts for the pssimism.
    07-28-12 01:12 PM
    RIM will survive, won't be as big as they used to be IMHO.
    07-28-12 01:30 PM
    As article makes clear, the company hinges on three things: B10 is not further delayed, BB10 is very successful, and sales remain level now. All of these assumptions are suspect and that accounts for the pssimism.
    I don't think BB10 will be further delayed. In fact, I think the push back to Q1 next year was as much a marketing decision as it was a technical one.

BB10 very successful? Well, by launching in a quiet quarter, it will get a bang from patient enthusiasts that should give them an extra million or so sales in the first couple of months.

I'll grant, the pessimism surrounding sales of current product are warranted. I would really like to be seeing more of a push to get BB7 phones out there, but that's just not happening at this point.

Otherwise, though, I'm still actually OPTImistic.
    07-28-12 01:57 PM
    "Assuming sales are reasonably constant at this lower level, up to the release of the BB10, the cash position of the company is quite good. Any talk of imminent collapse of the company comes in the "stupid analysis" bracket."

This quote is key, but a bit conflicted.

First, i agree: there is no imminent collapse for RIM. If they continue on a downward spiral and if BB10 is a flop, it will be a slow death with a likely eventual sell off.

Second, he's assuming sales will be constant on BB7 devices until BB10 comes out, but that's a very big IF. I think the money situation will be quite tight at the time of BB10 launch. RIM will have to throw everything they've got at the BB10 platform, it's all or nothing.
    Very realistic Mike. I appreciate your input...it is so easy to be caught up into fanboyism and not see reality. We're in for a ride that has a lot of "if"s and absolutely no promises. Most small investors are flighty and emotional and don't have much to show for their chaotic trading.

RIM as an investment is either an emotional one or a long shot. Either way not a sure thing. Because I'm a BlackBerry abuser I'm tempted to make a fanboy investment. Its not faith just a ton of wishful emotions and hopefully worth the risk in the end.
    07-28-12 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD