All - I have not posted in a while since I sold my Playbook and got myself a Galaxy Tab 7.7. A couple comments.

1. Tab is a nice product. Rivals PB in form factor and function.
    2. Android.....sucks compared to BB OS 2.1 on the PB. There's no comparison imo. Gingerbread, ICS, Jelly bean - who cares. BB OS is better , easier to use, more intuitive, smoother accross the board. Easier for back ups. Restores, upgrades, etc.
    3. recently the tab series began to get updates to ICS - it took MONTHS AND MONTHS AND MONTHS full of broken delivery date promises and so on by Samsung. I wonder why the press didn't clue in to that fiasco. That sleuth like reporting only for RIM I guess. The vitriole on the various forums about this is hot and heavy. Seems Rim has competition in the "we promised but didn't deliver" sweepstakes.
    4. the forums for Samsung , imho, are so far behind those for RIM products - especially the PB , by a country mile, in info, variety and passion.
    5. Android STILL rules afa apps though. And that's why I am still using my Tab 7.7. HOWEVER ****IF*** and *****WHEN*** RIM closes the APP gap with stuff like SONOS , NETFLIX, SKYPE (this is a recording) , I'd sell this pos for lunch money and buy another PB in a heartbeat. Is it January yet ? Jeez did I really say that ? Foolish me. Summer is awesome. I never want it to end actually. But I do want BB10.

Just thought I'd share.
    Last edited by mfreedmn_97; 07-18-12 at 02:46 PM.
    07-18-12 02:38 PM
    Omg your either paying lip service to the folks here or very thick. Or abit of both. I STILL have my playbook and my tab 7.7 and im amazed by your post, firstly
    In hardware terms the tab 7.7 is better, better screen, cpu, screen size, thiness..... Etc etc
    Yes honeycomb was laggy and , it has been on every device known to man BUT to say the ics update isnt any good is total crap, its fluid easy to use... No problem
    Honestly the level of realism on these threads its very disappointing seems to me 70%+ of posts are sucking up for a hit of the thanks button or a so and so likes this...
    Yes the playbook is good thats why i still own one but the 7.7 is better, fullstop.
    Last edited by gingerdude; 07-18-12 at 04:43 PM.
    07-18-12 04:30 PM
    Nope, not an......Nope, not paying lip service. My opinion. Get me the apps I need and I'm back on a PB in a heartbeat.

Still though if you have ics working on your p6810 7.7 with reliable wifi I'd sure appreciate knowing the trick. GB worked well. Ics does not. Yes I appreciate that's for another forum. PM if you care to help.
    Tnx.

P. S. I don't see a huge progression from gb to ics really. A little prettier maybe. Some minor functionality. I'm not overly impressed.
    07-18-12 04:46 PM
    I have 3 PlayBooks and various Android and IOS devices. I grab a PlayBook 99% of the time... The others are really only used for development & testing.
    07-18-12 04:53 PM
    Omg your either paying lip service to the folks here or very thick. Or abit of both.
    Or maybe the OP's opinion differs from yours...

You're honestly going to correct someone on their opinion, not to mention insult them? Why is his opinion wrong, but your opinion is FACT? Ponderous...
    07-18-12 04:53 PM
    What i mean by "fact" is hardware is superior in almost everyway, its os is so popular that they activate millions of devices every week. Samsung actually sell this thing to make money rather than give it away to clear out the warehouse. Dont get me wrong as i said b4 i actually like the playbook but there's a reason why they practically give it away, why? Because there is no demand for a device that was rushed to market with unfinished os and more broken promises that you could shake a big stick at.
    07-18-12 05:21 PM
    There is a difference between factual opinion and bias opinion.

As soon as he said Android sucks... then says OS2.1 is better vs Jellybean. I stopped reading.

Thats like me saying my BMW is a whole lot better than that crappy Mercedes Benz without driving or seeing a Mercedes Benz in my life.
    07-18-12 05:29 PM
    You're confusing Android popularity in general (including smartphones) with the popularity of Android tablets. Yes, Android is a great success - on smartphones. However, no individual Android tablet has sold particularly well, and in that context the PB's sales and popularity hold up quite nicely.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-18-12 05:35 PM
    Who cares about the Galaxy! The new kid on the block is the Nexus 7" and I hope RIM steps up the form factor to keep it thin and competitive. Never did like the Android browsers. PB FTW!!!
    07-18-12 05:47 PM
    if only pb has decent apps..if only pb has BB7 apps..if only..otherwise it's just clunky. my 9900 loads news apps faster than the pb..thats for sure (say aljazeera).
    pb is slower than my droid bionic, so how can it be faster/more fluid than a galaxy tab tablet..? pb takes forever to boot.
    07-18-12 11:28 PM
    Omg your either paying lip service to the folks here or very thick. Or abit of both. I STILL have my playbook and my tab 7.7 and im amazed by your post, firstly
    In hardware terms the tab 7.7 is better, better screen, cpu, screen size, thiness..... Etc etc
    Yes honeycomb was laggy and , it has been on every device known to man BUT to say the ics update isnt any good is total crap, its fluid easy to use... No problem
    Honestly the level of realism on these threads its very disappointing seems to me 70%+ of posts are sucking up for a hit of the thanks button or a so and so likes this...
    Yes the playbook is good thats why i still own one but the 7.7 is better, fullstop.
    Wow!!! I never thought I'd see a Samsung troll.
    07-19-12 06:11 AM
    Who cares about the Galaxy! The new kid on the block is the Nexus 7" and I hope RIM steps up the form factor to keep it thin and competitive. Never did like the Android browsers. PB FTW!!!
    It looks to be a BAMF!!! Though it's durability looks to be lacking. My PB is on the construction site with me all day and I never worry about it not sure I would feel the same about the Nexus 7 even with a case on it.
    07-19-12 06:18 AM
    I too bought a Samsung 7.7 tab.

There's one thing I agree with the OP : Android without apps feels like a toy compared to OS2. I especially miss the upwards swipe and browsing through applications.

However the comfort of the amoled screen is no comparison, especially for reading. And for the rest, well it does everything better than the pb.
    07-19-12 08:41 AM
    I own both the PB 64 and a Galaxy Tab 8.9 and I disagree with the OP's discussion. Right now the GTab gets more use. Anyone who likes bridge would love All Share. It allows me to use my Samsung Tab with my media server at home, my blu ray dvd player, and connects to the media on my Windows PC's. I wish when I bought a big screen I had paid the little extra for the Samsung. I would love a similar application for the PB, if anyone knows of a PB equivalent please let me know by reply. Has anyone tried to side load AllShare? Does it work on a PB?

Of course the GTab runs the applications we dare not name AND very soon, will have Chameleon (I participated in the kickstarter program) and again if you like your PB you will like this new skin for GT because it's made by the very same people who designed the PB interface we all love.
    07-19-12 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD