Interesting read:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...-next-to-ipad/

So, if Samsung only sold/shipped 1.4 million total tablets, and RIM sold/shipped something like 1.5 million (at last count), does that mean that the Playbook actually has a greater market presence than Samsung's entire tablet lineup (minus the Note, which was a minor hit for them)?

Seems to be the case. In fact, I'm guessing if you compare RIM one-on-one with any major Android tablet vendor you'd see a similar win - with the exception of Amazon.com since the Kindle is a very different animal.

Anyway, food for thought/discussion...

RCK
    hpjrt likes this.
    08-10-12 09:46 AM
    Although you neglect to mention that those are US sales, I get your point. Android tabs have not been able to rival the iPad at all in North America and outside of East Asia, the same story is probably true.

This is slowly going to change with the Nexus 7, and it is almost certainly due to the price point it's managed to hit: $200. Sure, that's with 7-inches and no expandable storage. But it still represents a lag-free, Jellybean-running full fledged tab with access to Google's ecosystem and updates directly from Google without pesky interference from carriers and OEMs.

I personally think the Galaxy Tab 10.1 wasn't very good, but the Tab 7.7 (generally sold as a 4G tablet w/ contract) is a big improvement.
    08-10-12 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD