James Franco takes the role of Galaxy Note 10.1 spokesman | Internet & Media - CNET News

A funny ad showing actual uses for the tablet focusing on muti tasking. Should have been what BlackBerry did.
    08-21-12 06:01 AM
    It's almost three minutes long. I don't think you'll be seeing this on TV much, if at all. Anyhow, I want that thing.
    08-21-12 06:59 AM
    This ad was boring and drawn out to me.
    08-21-12 07:04 AM
    I haven't seen an ad (commercial) for any BlackBerry device in a long time. I think any BlackBerry commercial would be welcomed at this time.
    phonejunky likes this.
    08-21-12 07:22 AM
    We have 3 PlayBooks, 2 iPads, and 4 of these Galaxy Note 10.1's so I can say with some authority the PlayBook lacks a lot of simple features.

Printing
    Share To (simple send to type function)
    Dlna
    Multi Screen (split screen)
    IR Blaster
    MicroSD
    Widget's
    S-Pen
    Actual Gmail App
    The list goes on.

Great features we use at work.

PlayBooks get used at home for general Web surfing. I did miss the PlayBook keyword until I installed Swift Keyboard which is essentially the PlayBook keyboard.
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    08-21-12 08:22 AM
    BlackBerry10 will add a ton of features to the Playbook. Looking forward to it
    08-21-12 08:31 AM
    Nice. But don't think that would help BlackBerry sales much and it was a bit long.
    08-21-12 09:01 AM
    We have 3 PlayBooks, 2 iPads, and 4 of these Galaxy Note 10.1's so I can say with some authority the PlayBook lacks a lot of simple features.

Printing
    Dlna
    IR Blaster
    MicroSD
    Widget's
    S-Pen
    Actual Gmail App
    The list goes on.

PlayBooks get used at home for general Web surfing. I did miss the PlayBook keyword until I installed Swift Keyboard which is essentially the PlayBook keyboard.
    And which of these "simple" features does the iPad have? And which does the Note 10.1 have?
    08-21-12 09:24 AM
    I really liked the commercial. Would have made a good one for the PB (once the new OS drops)
    08-21-12 09:47 AM
    And which of these "simple" features does the iPad have? And which does the Note 10.1 have?
    The Note has all of them, which was the point.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    08-21-12 11:09 AM
    God here we go again with the my is bigger than your ..... No offence people but I like my , it works just fine for me and pleasure.

My PB is the same thing. I made my choice and I am happy with it. That and the fact that is dont have a large enough family for 3 PB, 2 iPads and 4 galaxy notes (or enough money to be frank.

To Rgionsmi

Out of curiosity, why keep the other if the note is so spot on???
    08-21-12 05:34 PM
    that ad would be great but the playbook cant do whats in the ad.......YET.
    08-21-12 05:48 PM

Printing
    Send To (simple send to type function)
    dlna
    IR Blaster
    MicroSD
    Widget's
    S-Pen
    Actual Gmail App

The list goes on. Apparently not...

Printing-I think you are wrong here, I have seen printing apps advertised on CB.

Share To (simple send to type function)-This has to be coming with BB10, the OS7 phones have it so I know they know how important this is.

Dlna-I'll do some research

Multi Screen (split screen)-This sounds like user preference, I can get two apps on the same screen or simply swipe from one side.

IR Blaster-Again this is a user preference thing

MicroSD-I like having removable storage of some kind, wi-fi sharing is nice but not quite good enough.

Widget's-Some people, most people don't use these at all. User preference.

S-Pen-More research required

Actual Gmail App-Only if you use gmail. User pref. once again.

The list goes on. Apparently not...
    Last edited by Toodeurep; 08-21-12 at 06:03 PM.
    08-21-12 06:00 PM
    Yeah, I'm not sure there's much you can show off on the PB to justify a commercial like that. They'd having nothing to show that the other tablets didn't have (at least nothing they care about - ie. bridge).

As I always state - advertising/marketing is only effective if you have something impressive to sell.
    08-21-12 06:36 PM
    Bb10 better be totally amazing. I fear they have lost the leap frog to Samsung.
    08-21-12 07:29 PM
    Neat "commercial" although it probably is intended to be an INTERNET commercial at its length. It was fun and breezy/relaxed.

I don't know all of its features but I know that my pb cannot search on a webpage using the native browser - 18th Century?
    Toodeurep likes this.
    08-21-12 08:12 PM
    BlackBerry10 will add a ton of features to the Playbook. Looking forward to it
    I don't really get this: I am sure bb10 is great leap forward, but in general, it is just an OS. It is important, but nobody buy consumer product because PS. we don't buy pc because windows 7. So why bb10 is a game changer?
    08-21-12 08:53 PM
    What are you guys smoking?... We already got a killer Ad for PlayBook.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-D8armcZ-A[/YT]
    08-21-12 09:49 PM
    Good Lord OP...that commercial was painful...couldn't make it through the first minute. Glad you liked it enough to post about it on a forum though.
    Hawnz likes this.
    08-21-12 10:12 PM

Well apparently since we didn't have a celebrity endorser, this ad doesn't stack up.

But everyone has their preferences, I didn't like the Galaxy ad too much, some of us did. No problem!
    Last edited by bounce007; 08-21-12 at 11:03 PM.
    08-21-12 11:01 PM
    Good Lord OP...that commercial was painful...couldn't make it through the first minute. Glad you liked it enough to post about it on a forum though.
    Cringeworthy
    08-21-12 11:49 PM
    I don't really get this: I am sure bb10 is great leap forward, but in general, it is just an OS. It is important, but nobody buy consumer product because PS. we don't buy pc because windows 7. So why bb10 is a game changer?
    I agree with his post (the one you quoted) because there are many features in OS7 that should be in the Playbook's OS. One I commented on earlier, the ability to share a file through applications. This is done beautifully through my 9810 but is completely lacking in OS2.%. BB10 on the Playbook will definitely improve the user's experience.
    08-22-12 05:16 AM
    I have never seen that ad before. I like it. Thanks for sharing!
    08-22-12 07:43 AM

Printing
    Dlna
    IR Blaster
    MicroSD
    Widget's
    S-Pen
    Actual Gmail App
    The list goes on.

Virus
    Trojan
    Give Google all your personal data and hoping they "do no evil"

and it goes on
    08-22-12 08:12 PM
    Have any of you actually seen the Note 10.1 doing multitasking? Sure, the ad portrays it great as it should but ya... it's not real multitasking, it's app suspension and a very poor implementation of it. James Franco can't fix that, lol.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNkKc81Ug34[/YT]
    08-22-12 08:18 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD