Did anyone catch the Galaxy Tab 10.1 review on BGR? Its pretty amazing to see the author actually praise the Playbook's 7" screen , and then even admit that he prefers the Playbook QNX OS over Honeycomb 3.0!

I guess in the coming weeks when Honeycomb 3.1 comes out, he'll retract his comments, but this is a small victory for now!
    05-13-11 12:55 PM
    at first i was shocked to see "only" a 3 megapixel rear facing camera but then remembered that:

1) i dont even like taking pics with my playbook
    2) i look like an ***** holding a 7 inch tablet up to take pictures
    3) imagine how much more ******** id look holding a 10 inch tablet up to take pictures
    05-13-11 01:20 PM
    Weird. I was using my PB to video a 2 year olds birthday and all the parents though it was cool and praised about how nice the video came out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 01:32 PM
    i said I look like an arse using it that way, you might look cool doing it that way.

the whole point was, i started to dislike the fact that it only had a 3 meg cam but then realized for as much as i would use it it wouldnt matter. of course not having the device makes it matter even less
    Last edited by offthahorseceo; 05-13-11 at 01:40 PM.
    05-13-11 01:37 PM
    Weird. I was using my PB to video a 2 year olds birthday and all the parents though it was cool and praised about how nice the video came out.

Kudos to you!

And it's comments/stories like this that reinforce my stance on how I don't care what I "look" like to others when holding a mere 7" tablet up to take a video or picture. If you don't like it, cool. To each his own.
    05-13-11 01:37 PM
    I like taking pictures and especially video with my Playbook. I have found that in lower light situations, the picutres come out grainy and that bothers me. I wish a flash was included, but I guess that was a luxury item compared to other things the could have left off..... *cough, cough*.....an HDMI out......
    05-13-11 02:09 PM
    i said I look like an arse using it that way, you might look cool doing it that way.

the whole point was, i started to dislike the fact that it only had a 3 meg cam but then realized for as much as i would use it it wouldnt matter. of course not having the device makes it matter even less
    I don't think I said I looked cool..I said the the parents throught the PB (it) was cool doing video.
    Last edited by narci; 05-13-11 at 02:20 PM.
    05-13-11 02:18 PM
    :sigh: i didnt say you said you looked cool
    05-13-11 02:22 PM
    no HDMI...weak!
    05-13-11 02:35 PM
    no DEDICATED hdmi. they may release a proprietary cable for hdmi out the way apple and dell do.
    05-13-11 02:43 PM
    I read this review quite reluctantly as I did not want buyer’s remorse, however:

“I found it was a bit hard to see under direct sunlight. I really like the 7-inch display on the BlackBerry PlayBook”

“I prefer the BlackBerry QNX UI to what Honeycomb has to offer so far.”

“QNX feels so much more spry, especially when it comes to multitasking and flipping around the user interface”

“Despite the dual-core processor, Honeycomb was sluggish at times”

“The speakers were loud, but not as crisp and full sounding as those on the BlackBerry PlayBook.”

“the lack of an HDMI-out port is not a deal-breaker, but it is a bit of a shocker”

“The BlackBerry PlayBook’s QNX user interface is more fun, more polished, and more intuitive right now”
    05-13-11 02:47 PM
    ya i know, there will be an adapter but it's kind of cheesy they decided to do this, everythign should be standardized so you don't have to shell out another 40 bucks for an adapter.
    05-13-11 04:05 PM
    ya i know, there will be an adapter but it's kind of cheesy they decided to do this, everythign should be standardized so you don't have to shell out another 40 bucks for an adapter.
    You would think so, but Samsung is noted for having proprietory chargeer connection or headphones.

05-13-11 04:17 PM
    Even standards don't always work out to be standard though... Like some phones don't work with certain micro usb cables while others do, even though they're both "standard" ports and cables.

Not really an excuse, just that standards don't always work out like they're supposed to.
    05-13-11 04:19 PM
    i was playing with a xoom today and found it to be very laggy. Its difficult to untrain yourself not to use the swipe functions. having to click on a home button seems weird after owning a playbook. One huge thing i noticed was the xoom did terrible with flash videos. They are very choppy, i couldn't get a single HD video to play smoothly on the full you tube website. I also tried to get onto hbo go and the epix hd websites but couldn't get it them to work at all. The hbo site redirected me to a place that tells you about the apps and the epix website just hangs. It seems the device has great potential and like the playbook will be an awesome tablet after a few OS uodates. One great advantage it does have over the playbook is the access to apps. The websites might not work but you can always download the app.
    05-13-11 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD