Received my 2nd PB yesterday (64 gb). Opened the box, no dust under the screen, no bulging back. Powered it on, no dead pixels. Put it back in the box, now waiting for OS2.

i guess i got another good one.
    peter9477, barskin, blue-b and 5 others like this.
    01-22-12 06:33 AM
    LOL, OK good for you.
    01-22-12 06:46 AM
    All 4 I've bought have been perfect also. Unfortunately the only time people come to forums such as these is when there is a problem. This is why we see all the negative posts about problems.
    peter9477 and kbz1960 like this.
    01-22-12 07:12 AM
    Always nice to see at least a few "yeah, got mine, it's just fine" posts to balance the defect reports that inevitably outnumber them (since mostly people don't report on good news).

I've personally purchased 8 so far, with no significant issues on any of them.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    01-22-12 07:13 AM
    All 4 that I have bought have been perfect and so is the one I just set up for my friend. I get so tired of hearing people complain. Love hearing the good things about the PB. I think it is an awesome device. Works for all of our needs and just keeps getting better.
    cntrydncr223 and kbz1960 like this.
    01-22-12 07:18 AM
    Received my 2nd PB yesterday (64 gb). Opened the box, no dust under the screen, no bulging back. Powered it on, no dead pixels. Put it back in the box, now waiting for OS2.

I had the identical problem when I powered mine up last May, except that my PB only had 16 gb. I really like the idea of having 64 gb.because I don't have enough space for my huge collection of 16th century madrigals and Gregorian chants.

I should have gotten an iPad instead of this POS. RIM really dropped the ball on this one. They should have been able to anticipate my needs better. To add insult to injury, when I called support they didn't even tell me about your clever procedure.

Should I try fixing the storage defect by putting my PB back in the box until OS2 arrives - or does your procedure only apply to 64 gb devices?
    mikeplus1 and m_rkus like this.
    01-22-12 08:01 AM
    I also have bought 4 playbooks and none had defects, though the first one had a more flush power button that was slightly more difficult to depress, but was fine. I don't have much need for the power button anyway.

Edit: Actually first one did have the memory shortage issue, only 16gb instead of the now standard 64gb version.
    Last edited by mikeplus1; 01-22-12 at 08:10 AM.
    01-22-12 08:03 AM
    i've purchased 5 playbooks over the past 5 months (3 16GB & 2 64GB) and all have been perfect.
    01-22-12 10:26 AM
    Yes but does it have netflix, skype, hulu, satelite launching capabilities, able to set the odds for sporting events, or fix you a cup of coffee? HA!
    01-22-12 10:33 AM
    No, we're talking only about the excellent build quality here.

Obviously none of us actually has any apps installed. You need an iDroid or Andpad for that, I understand. BlackBerries are good only for email, like we have with the.... er... oh, never mind.
    01-22-12 10:38 AM

man you have bad luck!
    01-22-12 02:59 PM
    Glad to hear it OP. I'm so happy with mine, I can't stop smiling.
    01-22-12 03:40 PM
    I'm also having a hellofatime with my 2 PB's..... took them out of the box and set them up and went BAZERK with the speed and ease of use. I couldn't keep up with them .. running as fast as I could with these scissors in my hands. It's not right I tellya! What can I do to solve this horrible problem?
    samson47 likes this.
    01-22-12 03:42 PM
    you sound like you handle your anger well. good to see, man.

i'd be losing my sht if something actually worked like it should. pfft, imagine that.
    68pony likes this.
    01-22-12 03:57 PM
    My first one had a slight bulging back but nothing to be alarmed at. Picking up my second one today ^__^
    01-22-12 03:59 PM
    Why are some of you buying mutiple playbooks?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-12 04:20 PM
    4 perfect playbooks here too
    01-22-12 04:39 PM
    We have 3 playbooks, 2 16s and a 32 and all 3 have been perfect. mind you I see some of the complaints have been pretty whiney and if someone came in to my store saying the button seemed to be flush as oppse to up by 2mm or i have a spec of dust here or there i would gladly give them there money and ask them to leave, I wouldnt be giving them 3 and 4 playbooks till they were happy.

We love ours as all 3 of us in the family have them , my wife just used hers to replace her broken kobo reader and she loves it . My 14 yo son is a tech junky and is always finding new things to do with it and I just dont want to look at my work email on a tiny screen of my bold so enjoy mine too.

cant wait for new OS
    Last edited by Theiceman01; 01-22-12 at 04:54 PM.
    01-22-12 04:52 PM
    Why 4? One for me, one for my wife, two for relatives on other side of the world so we can video chat.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-22-12 04:53 PM
    Why 4? One for me, one for my wife, two for relatives on other side of the world so we can video chat.
    1. Good investment.
    2. GREAT explanation!
    01-22-12 05:11 PM
    Why would you put it back in the box???
    01-22-12 05:18 PM
    All 4 I've bought have been perfect also. Unfortunately the only time people come to forums such as these is when there is a problem. This is why we see all the negative posts about problems.
    Not so , not so! Some of us come here to converse with like minded people and feel incredibly smug about the wise choice we made as opposed to following the masses.
    01-22-12 05:56 PM
    Why would you put it back in the box???
    Good question, don't want to wear it out before OS2 official hits next month? Makes very little sense to me really, but hey I use my PB constantly.
    01-22-12 06:03 PM
    Received my 64GB last week. No problems/defects either. Ready for the OS update, and hopefully, along with it, more apps (ie native Twitter app, better eReader apps)
    01-22-12 06:10 PM
    Received my 64GB last week. No problems/defects either. Ready for the OS update, and hopefully, along with it, more apps (ie native Twitter app, better eReader apps)
    Better keep it in the box until the new OS hits.
    01-22-12 06:15 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD