If they put the new android runtime in the playbook it will be rebirth, a couple of tweaks here and there and it won't sell again but will give a few more years of life the ones that are out there.
    Yep, above all else that's what I would love to see. Not holding my breath though.
    11-19-13 12:33 PM
    What part are you looking for?

Posted via CB10
    I was actually looking at batteries on the premise that they will die some time so was doing research.
    11-29-13 06:50 PM
    If they put the new android runtime in the playbook it will be rebirth, a couple of tweaks here and there and it won't sell again but will give a few more years of life the ones that are out there.
    it might improve the sales of those that are left but it will jack up the second hand market which remains active enough. lots of underused playbooks which with a new breath of life would at last deny sales of other tablets and improve rims image.
    11-29-13 06:54 PM
    I would love to see BB continue to manufacture small numbers of old products like the PB and some of the Bolds. I am 99% sure they could sell them profitably, just not with the astronomical margins Thor wanted on the BB10 devices at least.
    11-29-13 07:20 PM
    you have a non-hdmi playbook??? wow, i didn't know there was such an animal...
    That's exactly what I was thinking! What is this foul travesty of misfortune?!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 07:41 PM
    I would love to see BB continue to manufacture small numbers of old products like the PB and some of the Bolds. I am 99% sure they could sell them profitably, just not with the astronomical margins Thor wanted on the BB10 devices at least.
    Oh wow I'm afraid that remaining 1% of you is absolutely right, listen to him!

There is no way they could manufacturer those old designs in small numbers and not have to sell them for astronomical prices to make a profit. Manufacturing was so inefficient the first time round for those BBOS7 Bolds they were barely being sold for a profit even at the height of their popularity with mass production!

Make do with the 9720, that's your old school Bold with a streamlined manufacturing process so they have a hope of actually making some money on it. But let's wait and see what the sales figures end up being.

Don't get me started on PlayBook! Billion dollar wite down? Ring any bells?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 07:48 PM
    I just noticed today that BlackBerry have the PlayBook for sale on their website still. Weird, no? I guess they are doing everything to get rid of remaining stock...
    11-29-13 07:52 PM
    I just noticed today that BlackBerry have the PlayBook for sale on their website still. Weird, no? I guess they are doing everything to get rid of remaining stock...
    What country is that for?

If it's the US those Where to Buy buttons all now just link to Amazon which is about the only place left with stock.

http://us.blackberry.com/where-to-bu...elpage=desktop

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 08:22 PM
    it's dead. stick some nails in it, it's done.

The update was just leftovers and/or remnants. You won't see another.
    11-29-13 09:33 PM
34 12