Title is self explanatory...
    For all of the experts who have stated ad nauseum that its a dead product, EOL, 3yr old failure and on and on.
    With a the recent update allowing sms from a bb10 device can we can come to some sort of consensus that it isn't as dead as some would like to believe?

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    TheAnalogkid likes this.
    11-18-13 10:09 PM
    That was to keep people happy, especially the loyal fans. BlackBerry itself has stated that the PlayBook is end-of-life. There could potentially be a PlayBook 2, but nobody knows.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    11-18-13 10:13 PM
    It's not completely dead, but it certainly is a back burner sort of thing. MAYBE they might wrap up a few more bridge features to pacify customers. Don't expect much more than that.
    11-18-13 11:07 PM
    BB bridge updated on BB world. you can now send SMS through your tablet bridged to you OS 10 device
    David in Durham likes this.
    11-18-13 11:11 PM
    Be mindful that there was NO CHANGE to the PlayBook OS. The change were on the device side (i.e. the BlackBerry Smartphone).
    11-18-13 11:12 PM
    oh don't get me wrong I'm not expecting some sort of massive overhaul or something just saying its not as dead as some have stated recently.
    also I don't recall an official statement statment that it was eol by bb at all actually wasn't a.saunders quoted saying end of august beginning of september that it wasn't eol??
    11-18-13 11:13 PM
    For all of the experts who have stated ad nauseum that its a dead product, EOL, 3yr old failure and on and on.
    With a the recent update allowing sms from a bb10 device can we can come to some sort of consensus that it isn't as dead as some would like to believe?

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    I wonder why? Might because without Android the PB would be even more useless!
    11-19-13 01:53 AM
    It is EOL.
    11-19-13 01:55 AM
    Lets hope Blackberry has something up their sleeve, but I don't think so as far as the Playbook is concerned. I do believe the PlayBook IS EOL
    11-19-13 01:58 AM
    end of line or end of life? certainly end of line but regards end of life I think it will chug along for a bit longer, considering they have the design and chassis right a higher res screen more ram and faster processor gets them back in pretty quickly.

they tried to make a secure android but didn't realise the speed of the competition and their 'loyal' fan base aren't like apples who will sit and wait and wait and wait then get half of what they wanted while being absolutely overjoyed with it.

the steps needed to make the playbook viable in the current market are actually quite small in user terms but I guess the qnx way of doing things slows it down quite a bit, users of older android tablets see machines with the same spec being knocked out for under a hundred bucks but running the latest android OS.
    cdelcampo216 and alternator77 like this.
    11-19-13 05:09 AM
    Possum..........
    11-19-13 05:28 AM

Seen this??

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...source-875381/
    11-19-13 05:39 AM
    Yes this is exactly why it's EOL.

They are not gonna produce parts/products anymore. They'll probably won't release an update and people will continue using it until it's broken.
    11-19-13 06:12 AM
    Yes this is exactly why it's EOL.

They are not gonna produce parts/products anymore. They'll probably won't release an update and people will continue using it until it's broken.

Did you guys read that thread or just cut and repost???

The OP complaint was that they wouldnt repair his usb port because people had sent in other playbooks for repairs and they got stuck with the repair and shipping costs so they discontinued the program. His words not mine.if your going to make a point try to read tge thread your citing not use the title alone.

And people get upset when tech sites do this to BlackBerry rotfl!!

Im referring to the software side of things hence the mention of sms and bridge. They took a write down on them so of course theyre not making more(common sense) thats why there will be no replacement parts.

My pioneer reciever only sold about 3.2 million units but its still getting software updates. Its also officially eol and there are no replacement parts available through official channels.

11-19-13 08:49 AM
    Did you guys read that thread or just cut and repost???

The OP complaint was that they wouldnt repair his usb port because people had sent in other playbooks for repairs and they got stuck with the repair and shipping costs so they discontinued the program.
    Apologies, maybe I misunderstood the original post.
    He said he had contacted 'Support' and was told the PlayBook repairs had been discontinued. Foolishly, I assumed he meant Blackberry Support, but maybe he didn't...(??)

Apologies for posting misleading information (if that is what it is). I really hate people that do that!!
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-19-13 09:34 AM
    As far as PlayBook parts, their readily available all over the Internet. I have some Sony products and couldn't get replacement boards from Sony, but their were plenty of sites to get them from. I certainly don't know how the replacement part business works. But I'm guessing that maybe there might not be any or very small amount of PlayBooks still in warranty status and BlackBerry sends them out to a independent repair shop. Will it be harder to get parts in future, definitely, but that is with a lot of devices. Certainly doesn't help the way BlackBerry screwed up and just pushed the PlayBook to the side. I use mine everyday, it's great watching movies, TV shows, music videos and a lot more. Best part is video chatting with my grandchildren in Guam, I'm in Florida. The video quality is much better than Skype on PC.
    Yeah I know I got off topic with my ranting.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 09:45 AM
    surely under the standard 12 month warranty guarantees they have to continue repairs for those still buying the few new machines that are left or the refurb with warranty stock?.

saying that I entered the serial number of the non hdmi one I have on their web site and am told they wont do the first line support, maybe because the original owner like all owners the product wasn't registered with them within the time period.
    11-19-13 09:53 AM
    I order parts from mister tao if I cant find them elsewhere - lots of playbook bits new and old but for some reason they say they aren't allowed to sell them? as soon as you click on 'buy' the website screams rape at you.
    11-19-13 09:54 AM
    I order parts from mister tao if I cant find them elsewhere - lots of playbook bits new and old but for some reason they say they aren't allowed to sell them? as soon as you click on 'buy' the website screams rape at you.
    What part are you looking for?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:01 AM
    He said he had contacted 'Support' and was told the PlayBook repairs had been discontinued. Foolishly, I assumed he meant Blackberry Support, but maybe he didn't...(??)

Apologies for posting misleading information (if that is what it is). I really hate people that do that!!
    No biggie lol! Its not your fault for the poorly titled thread XD

11-19-13 10:03 AM
    That was to keep people happy, especially the loyal fans. BlackBerry itself has stated that the PlayBook is end-of-life. There could potentially be a PlayBook 2, but nobody knows.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    this was/is pre-Chen, thor era thinking,,, Chen may be trying to win back the hearts & minds that Thor p!ssed on...
    11-19-13 10:17 AM

i don't think it's eol, but maybe in a state of flux,,, they may give some of the updates it needs to add more functionality w/ "10" devices,,, it's pretty logical given the pb was "10's" beta...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 11-19-13 at 10:33 AM.
    11-19-13 10:19 AM
    If they put the new android runtime in the playbook it will be rebirth, a couple of tweaks here and there and it won't sell again but will give a few more years of life the ones that are out there.
    11-19-13 10:22 AM

way to man up, CM,,, don't see that often here...
    jh07 likes this.
    11-19-13 10:24 AM
    surely under the standard 12 month warranty guarantees they have to continue repairs for those still buying the few new machines that are left or the refurb with warranty stock?.

saying that I entered the serial number of the non hdmi one I have on their web site and am told they wont do the first line support, maybe because the original owner like all owners the product wasn't registered with them within the time period.
    you have a non-hdmi playbook??? wow, i didn't know there was such an animal...
    EchoesFX and johnnyuk like this.
    11-19-13 10:26 AM
34 12