I posted about this in a different thread, but it would have been more "on topic" here in this thread. The PB browser for the majority of it works really well and is efficient and simple, but a couple areas where, hopefully, future updates will resolve: the bookmarks management and touch response. The bookmarks management is self-explanatory. The touch response is annoying when the display detects an unintended command and opens an ad or in-page link when trying to scroll a webpage. It happens all the time and I have to be extremely careful where I touch to scroll. I generally have to find a void area of the screen to scroll. Scrolling on areas of the page where there are any links whatsoever will result in opening an unintended link in an alternate tab.

This happens to me tooooo. Swiping straight down on a side bezel would work here :rolleyes

I use Safari on my desktop computer and overall I prefer the pb browser. RIM has to make proper display drivers so when I connect to a larger screen the picture is still clear not 'pixelated'
    06-26-12 02:49 PM
    Playbook OS is version 2, iOS is 5. Let's wait and see.
    06-26-12 03:03 PM
    If you disable Javascript it flies on the CrackBerry website.
    I am sorry I am an ignorant... Is Javascript that important?

I wish they would squeeze the history and stars together and put a top of page button in there. That would be such a time saver .
    Indeed.
    06-26-12 03:52 PM
    I am sorry I am an ignorant... Is Javascript that important?

Indeed.
    Javascript isn't that important unless you want to see the notices, i.e. private messages, likes etc. Other things use it but not sure what.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    06-26-12 04:25 PM
    Javascript and flash are pretty important. Turn them both off and try the crackberry site or maybe some online banking to see what functions you lose.
    Jeez, with all this browser talk lately I have to admit I nearly forgot I had a browser on my ipod touch. It's the only app I never seem to use!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-26-12 04:37 PM
    Javascript and flash are pretty important. Turn them both off and try the crackberry site or maybe some online banking to see what functions you lose.
    Jeez, with all this browser talk lately I have to admit I nearly forgot I had a browser on my ipod touch. It's the only app I never seem to use!
    Well true but on crackberry if you just want to read the threads..............
    06-26-12 04:39 PM
    Id have to say PB browser might not be faster but when its done loading up a webpage its BOSS. I love the "true" web experience that it offers and not a "watered-down" simple version that loads faster, i even like the ads on the page (although they can be annoying) even my Mom stopped using her iPAD 2 to read news and browse online catalogs she just glued to my PB; she says it looks exactly like the laptop....Wasted ma damn $400 to buy it for her mother's day but i guess it can be sold and the money should buy a 32 or 64 GB PB
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-26-12 05:11 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD