Wow! While this particular topic can be interesting, some of you are taking this thing way too personally.
    There's plenty of room out there for more than one device and different people have different needs that can be fulfilled by different devices.

Finally, I wonder how many of these comments would actually be made in person. Partial anonymity seems to seems to bring out the 'tough guy' in people posting. Don't make up factiods and don't engage in personal assaults.
    Good stuff here, what's "factiods" (joking) and I still bet my daddy can whoop your daddy anyway.
    05-17-11 02:03 PM
    What i dont understand is why would you post there here??? NO ONE GIVES A ****!!
    05-17-11 02:06 PM
    I would embarrassed to support a company who in turn supports suppliers who treats people like this.

Photos Of Apple Supplier Foxconn's Gadget Factory
    What kills me most about this crap is that Apple isn't Foxconn's exclusive client. Foxconn makes gear for Apple, HP, Dell, Nintendo, Amazon, Cisco, and others. But because Apple is the popular target, people drool when they have a chance to point the finger at Apple. Pathetic. Truly pathetic.
    05-17-11 02:07 PM
    What kills me most about this crap is that Apple isn't Foxconn's exclusive client. Foxconn makes gear for Apple, HP, Dell, Nintendo, Amazon, Cisco, and others. But because Apple is the popular target, people drool when they have a chance to point the finger at Apple. Pathetic. Truly pathetic.
    From that link -

"Last summer, we reported on the story of Sun Danyong, the Chinese factory worker who threw himself off a 12-story building after misplacing an iPhone prototype."

Glad to know you feel that the people pointing the finger are the real bad guys here Right on!
    05-17-11 03:23 PM
    Some of the criticisms I constantly see about the playbook just leave me shaking my head. I guess the desire for data filtered into small bites fuels the app craze. As I read some the reviews I wonder whether people aren't disappointed with the playbook because it doesn't operate the way they have trained themselves to operate with other devices. News and weather apps are hardly the greatest need for the playbook. It has an adequate weather app based on accuweather and access to all the weather and news sites you want. You don't have to waste device storage on an app that is designed to parse data so your device can display it. I think much of the criticism of the playbook is short sighted and based upnn preferences rather than whether or not the device can be used for specific function.

I agree, I have seen so many people judge the playbook before they even tried to use it. It's not really that much of a learning curve to use it. I think it's right on par with the ipad2.
    05-17-11 03:53 PM
    I agree, I have seen so many people judge the playbook before they even tried to use it. It's not really that much of a learning curve to use it. I think it's right on par with the ipad2.
    can't agree more :3
    05-17-11 03:56 PM
    Glad to know you feel that the people pointing the finger are the real bad guys here Right on!
    Way to make assumptions about my stance on Foxconn. Brilliant.
    05-17-11 03:57 PM
    ^^ Sorry if you feel rubbed up the wrong way; your original comment didn't come across very well.

You could have said something like 'Whilst I think conditions at Foxconn are abysmal and that it's tragic that anyone should feel suicide is the only solution to a problem at work, you guys blaming Apple should know that they are not the only offender'.

Fair enough, your response was in the heat of the moment / emotionally charged as you leapt to defend Apple. I can understand that.

Anyway, isn't it time this thread had a lock on it?
    05-17-11 04:46 PM
    lmfao @ the tags
    05-17-11 04:48 PM
    The trolls have diverted this thread way off topic. Too much effort to clean up... Closed.
    05-17-11 04:51 PM
135 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD