It's really sad to watch your perfect PlayBook die. It's down to 11% battery after the kids have a day of video watching, so I hook it up to the charger (last charge three days ago). No lightning bolt. Re-insert and no difference. Must be a bad wall port. Changed port, same deal; charger must have gone bad. Swapped charger, no difference. Getting worried. Put the cracked PlayBook on both chargers and get the lightning bolt. Z10, Z30, Dev Alpha, Passport... all charges. Really worried now... but wait, broke out the brand new never before used charging dock. The magnetic charger will save me... no lightning bolt. Put the cracked PlayBook on and it gets the lightning bolt.

Get the warning bells for 9% battery level. Gonna hate it when this one dies. Don't think both charging ports on it have gone bad, must be the battery. Put it on the computer via USB and the computer doesn't recognize the connection. The kids must have dropped the PlayBook. It's in otherwise perfect shape. It'll be time soon for a mint in box to come out and play... down to two left sitting on the sidelines. Still, it's sad to see a prized device slowly die like this. Should last a day or two before never giving the low battery alarm again. It's been a good purchase... lasted near three years. Performed a security wipe before it's too late to do so at 8%. Turned it off with a sticky note that it won't charge.
    11-17-14 10:26 PM
    Sorry for your loss. I use mine daily and just picked up a third off Ebay today. Will blackberry replace the battery for.a.fee if you send it in for repair?
    11-17-14 10:32 PM
    I've had this happen to me. I turned the PlayBook off, put it on the magnetic dock overnight, then powered it on while still on the dock the next morning. Luckily it started charging again. Might be worth a try.

Posted on my Z10 via CB10
    nomloj likes this.
    11-17-14 10:36 PM
    My first unit (2 at launch) just gave it up about 2 weeks ago, just would sit there in the boot loop. No amount of stacking, resetting, would get it to wink that it's ok.
    So Ijust placed it on an ice floe and let it go.........
    Yes, it was kind of sad to see the lid go down on it........
    11-18-14 10:07 AM
    Given the age, I'm sure that there will be a trickle of these kinds of posts over the next year or two. Mine is now 2 yrs old and doesn't owe me anything. I do like using it for videos, etc, but usage is getting a little more limited as the months go by. It still charges, etc, but will be sad if it one day fails. (plus, nothing really excites me in the tablet space for the money).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-19-14 09:14 AM
    Interesting. Mine is still going strong thankfully, but I expect one day it will die as well. And when it does I just can't see myself buying another tablet. The only one that I have any interest in is the Surface Pro 3,but it's priced the same as higher end flip books which seem more useful.
    11-21-14 07:37 AM
    I have to wrap my charger around the PlayBook for it to charge lol haven't used it since I got my playstation. (november 18th 2013)

I really need to find a use for it.
    11-21-14 07:42 AM
    ...turned the PlayBook off, put it on the magnetic dock overnight, then powered it on while still on the dock the next morning. Luckily it started charging again....
    Woohoo! I stuck the turned off PlayBook back on the docking station as suggested and after a while it started blinking green. Left it over night and it was solid green. I turned it on and had to go through the whole registration process again... got stuck at the BBID sign in. It just kept going in circles. Swiped left to right to go backwards and agree to the user agreement and tried signing in again several times... even changed the the BBID to another login. It stayed stuck circling; now worried it won't ever register. Left it charging again over night on the dock, a couple more restarts with no difference. But, then I tried the second BBID and it now said I have to log in with the original, after which it took the original BBID. Yay! Curiously, it had to download a 200 or 300 MB update to go back up to current version (it already had the latest version before the security wipe). Now, just have to go back and start movie media files back on to it for the kids. A little while longer yet before going to BBRY heaven.

Captain Nagata: What do you want us to do, Hopper? We have no [BBRY devices] left.
    Hopper: We have one. We have a [PlayBook].
    Captain Nagata: Are you crazy?! That's a museum.
    Hopper: Not today.
    11-21-14 08:59 AM
    PlayBook is getting an update before Christmas...

Posted via CB10
    11-22-14 12:54 AM
    Santa told me so.
    11-22-14 07:03 PM
    Congrats on acquiring the correct fix and getting your unit out working again. !!?
    11-24-14 12:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    lol
    11-24-14 04:05 AM
    Yes sir, lol all you want.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 07:13 AM
    Given the age, I'm sure that there will be a trickle of these kinds of posts over the next year or two. Mine is now 2 yrs old and doesn't owe me anything. I do like using it for videos, etc, but usage is getting a little more limited as the months go by. It still charges, etc, but will be sad if it one day fails. (plus, nothing really excites me in the tablet space for the money).
    Yep, pretty much. If it dies now then I've had good use out of it. And I have a spare. Must admit, with the arrival of Blend I'm a bit more interested in a new tablet than I was previously, because I would miss Bridge - even in its crippled BB10 configuration.

Mind you, I use it for work presentations, and the remote control presenter STILL wows people. Not sure any others allow that do they?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 07:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Those brownies must be tasty. Please pass it around.

Posted from a D618
    mh1983 and MC_A_DOT like this.
    11-24-14 08:56 AM
    Yes sir, lol all you want.

Posted via CB10
    Oh you were being serious?

Don't get your hopes up.
    11-24-14 08:57 AM
    Nice to see all the supporters, I mean, bashers, who come to these threads just to show off or portray themselves as complete jerks.

Try being constructive, and replying with helpful comments or hopeful comments instead of sounding like you don't give a ****.

From all the childish comments, it suggests the amount of actual BlackBerry fans and supporters that are on here. Please don't waste people's time. If you want to play, there's always sandboxes.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 09:33 AM
    Nice to see all the supporters, I mean, bashers, who come to these threads just to show off or portray themselves as complete jerks.

Try being constructive, and replying with helpful comments or hopeful comments instead of sounding like you don't give a ****.

From all the childish comments, it suggests the amount of actual BlackBerry fans and supporters that are on here. Please don't waste people's time. If you want to play, there's always sandboxes.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    When did I bash BlackBerry as a company? We are talking about the PlayBook that hasn't had any support for how long?

What am I showing off? I don't care about your opinion on how I portray myself, don't be a keyboard warrior.

Helpful or hopeful comment? LOL for the dead PlayBook? You are either clueless or high...

Oh and another thing, I own BlackBerry products so don't waste your breath trying to insult me. Get your facts right before you jump to conclusions you fool.

If I want to play I have many devices to use while my PlayBook collects dust.
    11-24-14 09:58 AM
    Yes, please, Mr. Arrogant. Go play. Elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 11:15 AM
    Yes, please, Mr. Arrogant. Go play. Elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    Is that it?
    Yer that's what I thought.
    11-24-14 11:24 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 01:34 PM
    The playbook forum is so enlightening
    mh1983 and Carl Estes like this.
    11-24-14 02:31 PM