Just snagged myself a 16 gig PlayBook for �40 Mint condition and came with a magnetic charger which was handy as my 32gig didn't have one.
    Just wondering, the main use of the PlayBook is my daughter who's only 10 to do a bit of surfing, play a few games, video chat with me and more importantly stay off mine which I use for work daily so contains important stuff I don't want deleted. Also, I will be borrowing it now and again, rather have the 16 lost or stolen than the 32! What is the best way of running the two regarding the blackberry I'd? Will having the same id on both devices limit functionality in any way? Won't be setting up any email accounts on it. She does have an email and Bbid to go with her 8520 but I don't let her receive emails on her phone. Emails go to her mothers email so they can be vetted first if she needs to sign up for anything.
    I think video chat works via pin as well as email so should be okay.
    What's best, my Bbid on both so I have control, let her use her own or set up a separate id just for this playbook?
    12-14-13 08:21 PM
    If you want video chat to work, you'll need different IDs. That's all there is to it. If you don't mind that, use the same ID and you're free to download all bought apps agian.

If she already has a BBID of her own, I say use that.
    AWB70 likes this.
    12-14-13 08:44 PM
    Thanks for that, I thought just different pins would be enough but I would like to use video chat. I work away a lot so would be fun. That rules out my id. My wife also has a curve so I think I'll set up an id for the whole family to use and bridge everyone to use as a general tablet without bothering mine.
    Should be Ok just having an id for that tablet only and bridging 3 other id right?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 07:24 AM
    Just realised that when changing your BBID you have to wipe it first. Does anyone know if this will apply on all my devices? 9800, Z10 and another Playbook.
    12-15-13 05:37 PM
    Just realised that when changing your BBID you have to wipe it first. Does anyone know if this will apply on all my devices? 9800, Z10 and another Playbook.
    Never had to change the ID on legacy devices, but BB10 and PlayBooks need to be wiped.

As for Bridge, it is unrelated to the BBID, tie in as many devices as you want.
    12-15-13 07:24 PM
    Never had to change the ID on legacy devices, but BB10 and PlayBooks need to be wiped.

As for Bridge, it is unrelated to the BBID, tie in as many devices as you want.
    This has been my experience as well. Just change it in the control panel. Done. But then the apps can't be re-installed, since AppWorld takes its cues from the BBID, and a different ID will result in AppWorld taking the device as being a separate user.

I also seem to recall that there's some limit as to how often the device/AppWorld association can be changed in a year, which would be necessary if the other device is used to install another app. If it's desired to have the same applications installed on both PlayBooks, a backup from one and a restore of that backup to the other avoids having to re-install all the applications...and copies the other media content, as well.
    12-15-13 10:28 PM
    BB has a guide related to the BB ID.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...erables/27236/

Maybe that will help. Your Blackberry ID is associated with the email address. If you change your ID on one device you will have to change it on all others. The apps should go with the new ID.
    12-15-13 11:58 PM
    12-16-13 12:32 AM