Just what I need, another Blackberry tablet thats still a work in progress......NOT
    FF22 likes this.
    12-28-11 01:34 PM
    Now to talk about the second part of the title... 7.8 inch iPad? I think that's just the wrong size, because the 7 inch PlayBook barely fits into most of my pockets, so 7.8 inches would either be so widescreen it's unusable or too big to be portable, and I'd say if it isn't portable anyway bigger screens are better.

But anyway, I have no trouble believing that a larger PlayBook will come out eventually. There's a lot of demand for the larger size for some reason, so once RIM establishes their position in the tablet market (sometime in the next 5 years...) they'll likely go into the closely related non-portable tablet market.
    Apple Reportedly Buying Up 8-inch Touchscreens to Build Smaller iPads | Techland | TIME.com
    12-28-11 01:35 PM
    Now to talk about the second part of the title... 7.8 inch iPad? I think that's just the wrong size, because the 7 inch PlayBook barely fits into most of my pockets, so 7.8 inches would either be so widescreen it's unusable or too big to be portable, and I'd say if it isn't portable anyway bigger screens are better.

But anyway, I have no trouble believing that a larger PlayBook will come out eventually. There's a lot of demand for the larger size for some reason, so once RIM establishes their position in the tablet market (sometime in the next 5 years...) they'll likely go into the closely related non-portable tablet market.
    But the iPad also doesn't need as large a bezel so it could be same size with more screen real estate and less bezel.
    12-28-11 01:35 PM
    Interesting posts. I might add this thought, if the trolls and haters thus allow me: RIM does many things at once, they always have - so it is completely logical that they would release a 10" pb as well as new qnx phones in 2012, hit the year with a big qnx splash - makes sense to me.
    The difference here being that you are not making unsupported release statements. Your logic is without flaw. Are you willing to vouch for the 10 in playbook tho?
    12-28-11 01:36 PM
    apple is anti-competetive.keeping others from buying the screens.monopolistic practices.
    bitek and Jake2826 like this.
    12-28-11 01:39 PM
    New products are always going to be in development: that's part of business. The 10" inch form factor is not only believable, it's logical. It's also extremely smart if RIM were to release it as a double-whammy with the 2.0 update. That said, I still don't believe it per say, because my friend's brother's half uncle used to deliver RIM newspapers in the late '90s, and he said it isn't true.
    bitek likes this.
    12-28-11 01:39 PM
    New products are always going to be in development: that's part of business. The 10" inch form factor is not only believable, it's logical. It's also extremely smart if RIM were to release it as a double-whammy with the 2.0 update. That said, I still don't believe it per say, because my friend's brother's half uncle used to deliver RIM newspapers in the late '90s, and he said it isn't true.
    I just hope Rim has learned from its mistakes and it will introduce new PB with aggressive pricing
    12-28-11 01:45 PM
    apple is anti-competetive.keeping others from buying the screens.monopolistic practices.
    I fail to see anything wrong with this.
    12-28-11 01:46 PM
    Completely false, apple said there will not release a smaller ipad.
    12-28-11 01:52 PM
    The difference here being that you are not making unsupported release statements. Your logic is without flaw. Are you willing to vouch for the 10 in playbook tho?
    Yes, I would consider purchasing a 10" pb. I would really love logmein on my tablet (pb), and am considering purchasing an iPad just to get this function. Does anyone know of a worthy competitor to logmein (available on pb)? Thanks
    12-28-11 01:54 PM
    For RIM's sake, they'd better hope that's true.
    12-28-11 01:57 PM
    Given the current state of the 7" playbook and all the delays in getting software out, a 10" PB would be insanity! First get the 7" working properly and then think about a 10" model.

All RIM has to do is look at what happened with the HP Touchpad! Wait, that's it! First a 7" model for $199 and a 10" model for $99. Genius!!! That's thinking outside the box!
    FF22 likes this.
    12-28-11 02:29 PM
    Given the current state of the 7" playbook and all the delays in getting software out, a 10" PB would be insanity! First get the 7" working properly and then think about a 10" model.

All RIM has to do is look at what happened with the HP Touchpad! Wait, that's it! First a 7" model for $199 and a 10" model for $99. Genius!!! That's thinking outside the box!
    Now imagine if RIM had a finished 2.0: android market, BBM, native e-mail, a better Adobe reader, etc... and released it to the hungry PB owners while at the same time unvieling a new 10" model to the unwashed masses. Sounds better than touchpad if you ask me...
    sushistew likes this.
    12-28-11 02:35 PM
    I just picked up my 9900 yesterdAy so it is safe to sAy haven't chosen to abandon hope and my faith in RIM. It is wearing thin though. I agree that the "workbook"...plays ;-)
    Thanks.

Wearing thin is true for me as well. Not enough hope to keep my 9930 though, it's going back in about an hour. I can't justify $250 for it (Sprint) when I can get 9810 for for free (AT&T) - especially with all the bragging going on around here about 9810/PB combo. I'm actually quite jealous of them right now.

I personally hate my iPad, size is one of the reasons. But developing the Workbook would be a good idea for RIM. I just think they have way too much on their plate right now and putting an unfinished product out here again would be suicide
    12-28-11 03:06 PM
    This has been by far the worst 30 seconds of my life. I demand I get it back! Not to bully but this is the weakest post ever!
    I don't even mean to look it so strong, I don't even have the guts to post more details to depend my claim, its your choice to believe it or not anyways. Sorry to disturb you.
    12-28-11 06:05 PM
    I'd be careful about trusting Apple denials. They denied the iPod Touch, the iPhone, and the iPad strenuously until they were actually introduced.
    12-28-11 06:07 PM
    But did they say anything about a larger iPod Touch?
    12-28-11 06:39 PM
    But did they say anything about a larger iPod Touch?
    yeah they did.... they called it the iPad.
    Megacharge and scott.slater like this.
    12-28-11 11:58 PM
    Thanks.

Wearing thin is true for me as well. Not enough hope to keep my 9930 though, it's going back in about an hour. I can't justify $250 for it (Sprint) when I can get 9810 for for free (AT&T) - especially with all the bragging going on around here about 9810/PB combo. I'm actually quite jealous of them right now.

I personally hate my iPad, size is one of the reasons. But developing the Workbook would be a good idea for RIM. I just think they have way too much on their plate right now and putting an unfinished product out here again would be suicide
    I had a 9800 for a year and in that year I would repeatedly revert to my 9700 with att. I hated the MUCH narrower keyboard. I paid a little more than you did. But I say the wider keyboard and not needing to perform the sliding maneuver are well worth it. Plus I am running the leaked os with hotspot. As for my playbook...it's great for words with friends. LoL I love it and am perpetually looking for more functions to perform with it
    12-29-11 12:10 AM
    I've heard rumours of a 55 inch ipad. i have a friend of a friend that was a friend of Steve Jobs. Robtanz?
    Liptonice likes this.
    12-29-11 02:45 AM
    Yes, I would consider purchasing a 10" pb. I would really love logmein on my tablet (pb), and am considering purchasing an iPad just to get this function. Does anyone know of a worthy competitor to logmein (available on pb)? Thanks
    huge VNC user here. no, nothing in the blackberry app world for playbook has anything remotely like logmein. it has a couple of VNC apps but they are extremely cumbersome and slow to use.
    12-29-11 02:50 AM
    For RIM's sake, they'd better hope that's true.
    not a big deal. it will not happen at $199. Apple logo is $199 and there is cost of hardware,software,min 30% markup....it just not going to happen at $199 from the fruit company from California
    Berryuman likes this.
    12-29-11 03:01 AM
    I've heard rumours of a 55 inch ipad. i have a friend of a friend that was a friend of Steve Jobs. Robtanz?
    Trolling...it's not the right word, but it's the first one that comes to mind. Either I laughed. :-D
    12-29-11 03:24 AM
    And it would outsell the Playbook by at least 5:1.
    12-29-11 03:37 AM
    And it would outsell the Playbook by at least 5:1.
    Whilst costing the same as a small car.
    12-29-11 09:42 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD