Not trying to be sarcastic but how do you explain the bug app that some users are getting that clearly shows Native BBM and a Navigator app for users to report bugs on.

Could it be this bug app is internal and was never supposed to reach a consumers PlayBook?
    Navigator App? NICE, Are there any hints of what it may entail?

I for one am quite curious to see what map app RIM comes up with.
    09-24-12 04:24 AM
    Not trying to be sarcastic but how do you explain the bug app that some users are getting that clearly shows Native BBM and a Navigator app for users to report bugs on.

Could it be this bug app is internal and was never supposed to reach a consumers PlayBook?
    Internal employees have lots of access to things consumers don't. It makes sense for them to be showing up in there.

However, if RIM was opening the doors for everyone to go ahead and submit bugs do you really think they would say nothing about it at all? Not likely, it would have been an announcement and good publicity if they had of done it.

"Hey, look! We're listening to our users -- if you have a problem, submit a bug!"

Also, considering I've had the bug reporter since I installed the beta right after it came out and some are only getting it now, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it was not entirely intentional.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-24-12 05:52 AM
    I have the bug reporter app on my 358 PB after updating yesterday. I figured the 1MB update was too small to do serious harm to my PB so I took a chance!

Maybe we're all set to become unofficial Beta Testers with RIM giving us the opportunity to report bugs into their official system? LOL
    Well, as your tagline has noted, well, FOREVER, we've all been beta testers in this grand Rim experiment - why change now.

It is odd. These various reports about updates in the "normal" OS, the beta OS and even the formerly pulled but maybe NOT pulled 668 and yet not everyone is seeing any of it. Maybe Rim enrolled us all in a psychological experiment or is attempting to recreate the Pavlovian experiment - "hit the update button" reward/no-reward"
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    09-24-12 09:30 AM
    wish I new what this bug report app is, haven't seen any sign of an update.
    09-24-12 09:43 AM
    wish I new what this bug report app is, haven't seen any sign of an update.
    It's quite a pretty icon - a Black Ladybird (Ladybug to you Colonials ) - that opens up a fault report template when clicked so you can report bugs to RIM. It's the sort of App any Beta tester would expect to have access to, but why I (as a consumer) would want it on my PB is a mystery.

Bottom Line: Nobody seems to know what it's for or why this internal RIM App has been pushed to consumer PBs, or why only some PBs have been so honoured. It doesn't seem to be any single OS in the frame - there are reports of this small OS update going to PBs running 358, 668 and the 2.1 Beta.

Maybe someone in RIM will tweet us an explanation.
    09-24-12 10:18 AM
    can anyone remember how long after RIM posted documentation about OS2.0, did it acatually get released ? They have released the same for OS2.1 and Bridge 2.1:
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...verview_en.pdf

...any day now.
    09-24-12 10:21 AM
    It's quite a pretty icon - a Black Ladybird (Ladybug to you Colonials ) - that opens up a fault report template when clicked so you can report bugs to RIM. It's the sort of App any Beta tester would expect to have access to, but why I (as a consumer) would want it on my PB is a mystery.

Bottom Line: Nobody seems to know what it's for or why this internal RIM App has been pushed to consumer PBs, or why only some PBs have been so honoured. It doesn't seem to be any single OS in the frame - there are reports of this small OS update going to PBs running 358, 668 and the 2.1 Beta.

Maybe someone in RIM will tweet us an explanation.
    Colonials! You folks do HARBOR a grudge. COLOR me shocked!

I do hope that any navigation program included in the next release (whenever that might be) includes directions for driving on the CORRECT side of the road.
    pickles#WP and JeepBB like this.
    09-24-12 10:36 AM
    Would someone be soo kind to tell me what's gonna be soo great about 2.1 thank u
    I don't think there's anything great in 2.1 for me, but I view the release of it as being important in that it provides evidence, one way or the other, as to whether RIM can actually release an update in a timely fashion; that RIM can release an update that stays available to consumers instead of being pulled for some unforseen problem; and that RIM remains committed to the Playbook.

In essence, I view any update for the Playbook as evidence that RIM hasn't given up on their tablet. And that's why I am hopeful that it get's released sooner than later.
    Stephen_TX likes this.
    09-24-12 10:40 AM
    Sad to say but the quicker they can get something out the quicker the "rumours" end and the endless "RIM sucks" "RIM rules" battles can come to an end.
    09-24-12 10:46 AM
    Let's not forget that if you are currently on 2.0 you are running your Android Apps in one window. 2.1 lets you run multiple android apps at the same time in different windows. (Hopefully this works even better in the vesions that is released to the public).
    09-24-12 10:56 AM
    I got the update but I don't have the ladybug....where does it go? LOL do I have to activate it somehow?
    09-24-12 10:59 AM
    wake me up when September ends.
    FF22 and Creaulx like this.
    09-24-12 11:07 AM
    I've been waiting so long for this update, that could just change the number and I would be happy - not
    09-24-12 11:35 AM
    Which year?
    howarmat and antiRIM like this.
    09-24-12 11:42 AM
    Internal employees have lots of access to things consumers don't. It makes sense for them to be showing up in there.

However, if RIM was opening the doors for everyone to go ahead and submit bugs do you really think they would say nothing about it at all? Not likely, it would have been an announcement and good publicity if they had of done it.

"Hey, look! We're listening to our users -- if you have a problem, submit a bug!"

Also, considering I've had the bug reporter since I installed the beta right after it came out and some are only getting it now, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say it was not entirely intentional.
    You are totally right Bla1ze, I didn't get the bug report app in the beta nor in this update but I did see a lot of other folders updated when I went through the folders using the browser.( still doesn't charge from usb though ). Here's a couple screenshots I took of the folders with new dates, Today's. It would be nice to have a generalized bug reporting system. It would help to expedite any major or even minor repairs by letting us report when stuff goes wrong or craps out. To me that would be forward thinking on behalf of the company.

side note: i'm surprised this update isn't on the front page.
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 09-24-12 at 12:02 PM.
    09-24-12 11:56 AM
    Colonials! You folks do HARBOR a grudge. COLOR me shocked!

I do hope that any navigation program included in the next release (whenever that might be) includes directions for driving on the CORRECT side of the road.
    Abso-bloomin'-lutely... tho' we might differ over which side of the road that is!

I don't know... you'd have thought that after over 200 years you lot would have learnt to spell properly - including that "u"!
    09-24-12 12:03 PM
    Abso-bloomin'-lutely... tho' we might differ over which side of the road that is!

I don't know... you'd have thought that after over 200 years you lot would have learnt to spell properly - including that "u"!
    I purposely did not say "right" side of the road!

And we, ahem, Colonials are just more efficient. We don't need "U" or Yor Empire.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-24-12 12:14 PM
    assumed rim unlocks ghe 2.1 final soon ... and further assuming that this will contain some flaws and bugs (thats just the usual way it is):

how does rim react to reports after an upgrade - do they usually release 1 or 2 bugfix vrrsions within some weeks to address user reports? how was that with 1.0 and 2.0?

Ray

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry Playbook "Android Player" mit Tapatalk
    09-24-12 12:24 PM
    i just have had 2.0.1.668 pushed to my device
    09-24-12 12:25 PM
    i just have had 2.0.1.668 pushed to my device
    Just now my .358 PB got the 1mb update. Wacky.
    09-24-12 12:30 PM
    Is this only for beta testers? no update is showing for me. I am on 2.0.1.668, the infamous version that was pulled by RIM.
    09-24-12 12:33 PM
    LOL

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    09-24-12 12:38 PM
    No such 1MB update for mine either. I'm on .668.
    09-24-12 12:38 PM
    Take this with a grain of salt but I have a friend who works at RIM who has gotten word that they are aiming to release OS 2.1 during BBJam with the aim to release it on the Tuesday (Sept 25th). This would be in line with a recent tweet from Bla1ze that they are testing 2.1.1012 for a gold release candidate. As it was mentioned before, RIM has a tendency to switch dates without reason so I promise nothing and I am merely passing along what I have heard.
    Would be awesome if they did release it on the 25th, that's my birthday would be an awesome birthday present!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-24-12 12:48 PM
    No update here..I'm on 2.1.0.560
    bribert likes this.
    09-24-12 01:39 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD