NEWS FLASH RIM is not for sale......... but something good in the works being negotiated with another Co.

Think "strategic alliance " !!
    12-28-12 02:56 PM
    A buy-out is only a matter of time, it will not be an US or a Canadian company
    the company is too small to survive on its own
    I can see that a Asian company buys the technology, than folds the company,
    the only hindrance is that a lot of stock is owed Canadian funds, banks etc, and they are very patriotic
    I could even see a yahoo phone, like Google Motorola,
    Facebook would not know of what to do with RIM
    MS burnt there fingers before with phones, so did HP, I could see Dell trying it
    Or it could be a Comcast, they have a lot of cash
    Maybe GE
    ok Mr Fortune-teller Mr I Know the future Mr full of crap....pray tell your secrets
    TomJasper and missing_K-W like this.
    12-28-12 03:15 PM
    Lol. You know what drives me crazy? there/their .... Seems it does not bother " mr full of crap ".
    ok Mr Fortune-teller Mr I Know the future Mr full of crap....pray tell your secrets
    12-28-12 03:58 PM
    Doesn't seem to be realistic.. Both companies are different and distant by light years...
    12-28-12 04:02 PM
    As long as "Blackberry way" continue to exist and develop, it doesn't matter who funds it... So no, as long as Apple, Google, and MS are not buying them.
    12-28-12 07:14 PM
    A buy-out is only a matter of time, it will not be an US or a Canadian company
    the company is too small to survive on its own
    I can see that a Asian company buys the technology, than folds the company,
    the only hindrance is that a lot of stock is owed Canadian funds, banks etc, and they are very patriotic
    I could even see a yahoo phone, like Google Motorola,
    Facebook would not know of what to do with RIM
    MS burnt there fingers before with phones, so did HP, I could see Dell trying it
    Or it could be a Comcast, they have a lot of cash
    Maybe GE
    For sure not an Asian company will not get approval from the govt, they could license BB10 to Samsung. But sure besides licensing BB10 to Amazon, Amazon could take a run at RIM
    for a buyout and locking out out any competition provided they would be interested in selling phones.
    12-28-12 07:27 PM
    Microsoft is my best pick. They'd fit with the business side, and they can easily afford it.
    12-28-12 07:30 PM
    My vote's for China. They paid a few Billion just for access to Obama's phone!
    missing_K-W likes this.
    12-28-12 09:29 PM
    The "insiders boys club", consisting of Watsa, Balsillie, Lazaradis, Heinz etc own collectively 40+% of the company. Their goal is putting BB10 everywhere QNX currently holds autonomy. No sale will occur and the possibility of a hostile takeover is none.
    BBMak likes this.
    12-28-12 11:29 PM
    My vote's for China. They paid a few Billion just for access to Obama's phone!
    I think they lent him the money for the phone lol
    12-28-12 11:31 PM
    I doubt this would ever happen. Facebook occasionally have to put apps on their site because of their money issues. No worries!
    12-29-12 12:47 PM
    I will sell them my shares for $500/share. I'm sure many other shareholders will.
    Make me an offer.
    12-29-12 01:49 PM
    I highly doubt that Facebook would try to purchase RIM, especially considering there's absolutely no way that they'd be able to afford it. They just don't have nearly enough cash to purchase RIM outright, and besides, why would they do this? It wouldn't really benefit them in any way that I can think of.
    12-29-12 10:49 PM
38 12