I called the local Best Buy to see what they had, if anything, in their near term records for shipment and stocking of the Playbook. They said they were getting it April 10. I call this a confirmation of the bgr announcement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 08:33 PM
    While I'm not saying it's impossible for it to be released then, the staff at Best Buy are far more likely to have read the story on BGR then they are to have any new information...

03-02-11 08:46 PM
    Well that Office Depot Week 17 leak lines up around that time but who's to say BGR isn't using that as their basis
    03-02-11 08:51 PM
    While I'm not saying it's impossible for it to be released then, the staff at Best Buy are far more likely to have read the story on BGR then they are to have any new information...

I totally agree with that.

03-02-11 09:06 PM
    I've been anxiously awaiting the release, so I am disappointed, but not so much that I am cursing RIM and forecasting their death like some others.

Heck, I'm not even sure I'm getting one. I'm waiting for the release so I can find out if it can do what I need it to do.
    03-02-11 09:10 PM
    Tell you guys what, I work at Best Buy.
    I'll look in our stocking system for the Playbook.
    I've been looking for the past few weeks, but hopefully I can find it with a price and release date. I'll get back to you tomorrow.
    03-02-11 09:18 PM
    In the title of this thread the first word is RUMOR. Nuff said.

03-02-11 09:25 PM
    In the title of this thread the first word is RUMOR. Nuff said.

I didn't put that in the title, a mod who finds the fact to be troubling modified the title. Not a rumor at this point.

03-02-11 09:34 PM
    I didn't put that in the title, a mod who finds the fact to be troubling modified the title. Not a rumor at this point.

Well, it is still technically a rumor, since there hasn't been an official announcement (although my guess is that it is accurate).
    03-02-11 09:38 PM

Until RIM confirms it, it IS a rumor. Believe it or not, BGR has been wrong before.

03-02-11 09:41 PM
    Like the two post before this one, until RIM says april than it is a rumor. And I know a mod did that so I am not tripping. But BGR has now changed the fact that they said this morning that it was a rumor to know saying that it is the real deal. No one else has done this but them which is dumb. I hate it more than most but it is what it is at this point as well.

03-02-11 09:48 PM
    Until RIM confirms it, it IS a rumor. Believe it or not, BGR has been wrong before.

And I hope you are right.

03-02-11 09:49 PM
    I called the local Best Buy to see what they had, if anything, in their near term records for shipment and stocking of the Playbook. They said they were getting it April 10. I call this a confirmation of the bgr announcement.

You called a Best Buy store and they were willing to give out company details on an unreleased product to a "Joe Nobody" ??

I find it hard to believe....
    03-02-11 10:11 PM
    OH NOES!! I'm going to have to go out and buy a competing tablet if its going to be 10 more days...
    BayouBengal21 and andyahs like this.
    03-02-11 10:53 PM
    ^That tastes like chicken fried sarcasm.....
    03-02-11 11:46 PM
    OH NOES!! I'm going to have to go out and buy a competing tablet if its going to be 10 more days...
    10 more days to save for the 32GB version haha
    03-02-11 11:55 PM
    until rim confirms it, it is a rumor. Believe it or not, bgr has been wrong before.

posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com

very often
    03-03-11 07:59 AM
    It is so silly how people are freaking out because they have to wait a few more days! Its not that big of a deal. Wouldnt you like a superior product than to have it rushed out. Look at how crappy the xbox 360 was in the beginning due to it being rushed out. So what if the Ipad 2 releases before the playbook. Most of the people who will buy an Ipad 2 wouldnt choose the playbook even if they were both out. These are the ones that love the kool aid and pay for the apple logo.
    03-03-11 08:23 AM
    It is so silly how people are freaking out because they have to wait a few more days! Its not that big of a deal. Wouldnt you like a superior product than to have it rushed out. Look at how crappy the xbox 360 was in the beginning due to it being rushed out. So what if the Ipad 2 releases before the playbook. Most of the people who will buy an Ipad 2 wouldnt choose the playbook even if they were both out. These are the ones that love the kool aid and pay for the apple logo.
    Same can be said about BlackBerry users. The users you want are the ones in the middle or on the fence.

When the PB was shown last year it put up this spec sheet, 1st dual core and all these other features us geeks like but then they turn around and get beat out the door by other tablets. I bet a good deal of people don't even know that the PlayBook is being built, they only know the Xoom & iPad and will decide on one of those, that's why it's good to be 1st to market when you're trying to compete with another product. Now people who were looking to buy a tablet may have already bought a iPad,iPad2 or Xoom and then hear about the Xoom and like it but say oh well I've already spent the money now. Things move quick in the tech world.

You want the PB to sell well, if not developers may not choose to support it.

That's just my opinion though. I think that's what upsets people the most. RIM showed this great device last year and then got lapped by it's competitors.
    03-03-11 08:38 AM
    I don't know about everyone else, but I like to throw in a little analogy that sums up part of the reason I want a Playbook (other than the fact that it does everything I want and then some). Let me disclaim that if you are a Mustang driver, I mean no offense to you.

Back in the Mid 90's all I wanted was a brand new body style Mustang. I thought they were the tits. However, by the time I got my license, I noticed EVERYONE had a mustang and it lost its luster. I eventually grew to hate Mustangs not because of the car, but because everyone had one. I like to be different and owning a Playbook vs an Ipad or any Android tablet is going to accomplish that. They'll all ask me what kind of Android tablet is that or why is my Ipad so small....and I'll be prepared to show them exactly what I have and why I'm so happy with it.

The bottom line is, people will buy what they want and I couldn't care less about this product coming out or that one, etc. I am a Blackberry fan and the Playbook is what I'll buy and I'll just have to wait for it. Its probably better in the long run for me as it gives me more time to make some more money to buy a larger memory version.
    03-03-11 09:06 AM
    And I hope you are right.

Me too! Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if they were right. I'm just not putting too much stock in it until RIM confirms.

03-03-11 10:30 AM
    I have a hard time making a deadline I set last week, let alone six or seven months ago. I'll give em a pass if they're a little late.

03-03-11 10:33 AM

Its a rumor since we are all speculating. Until rim gives a date every date anyone posts is a rumor. The staff at best buy aren't all really the brightest of people. I was there the other day and the guy wasn't sure if a usb mouse would be compatible with someones pc. Its all speculation until an actual release date is announced, BGR didn't quote any source yet either they just said our sources.

03-03-11 10:43 AM
    And according to today's reports, BGR was Wrong, and April 10th isn't "reality"
    03-03-11 05:51 PM
    And according to today's reports, BGR was Wrong, and April 10th isn't "reality"
    i wish they hadn't posted that until they were more sure. scarin people and such. tsk tsk
    03-03-11 05:56 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD