well, my inexperience with installing the Zagg invisible shield bit me in the . I did not have it moist enough during the initial application, so I tried it again and then I noticed that the corners were not lined up right. I peeled it again and reapplied it, only to have it look worse each time. I still have it, however, the adhesive does not look right and I don't to put it on if it will not look good. Maybe I'll try again at another time, just a little disappointed after spending 25 dollars on a shield. It was a little more challenging than I thought it would be. Any suggestions on other types of protectors or tricks to install the Zagg better?
    12-29-11 06:50 PM
    well, my inexperience with installing the Zagg invisible shield bit me in the . I did not have it moist enough during the initial application, so I tried it again and then I noticed that the corners were not lined up right. I peeled it again and reapplied it, only to have it look worse each time. I still have it, however, the adhesive does not look right and I don't to put it on if it will not look good. Maybe I'll try again at another time, just a little disappointed after spending 25 dollars on a shield. It was a little more challenging than I thought it would be. Any suggestions on other types of protectors or tricks to install the Zagg better?
    You have to make sure its wet just enough to slide but not wet enough to worry about what your putting it on. The first time I put one on was on my Bold 9000. It came out almost perfect except for one small fiber that got in there some how.

Second time was on my next Bold 9000 with the first one had to be sent back for a replacement. Mine wasn't wet enough in a spot and when I went to adjust it it damaged the glue. I put it down anyway because I was going out and wanted to have the screen protected before going out. I still haven't replaced it and I have this one spot that looks bad and is kinda annoying. I don't know how I put up with it this long but I will be able to upgrade in about a month so there is no point in putting it on now.

For you I'm going to take a guess and say your screen protector is no good at this point. I have been using my Playbook with the original film on it with the hands on it till decide if I'm keeping it and/or decide if I'm getting a screen protector and what type.

James
    12-29-11 06:57 PM
    i dunno about the warranty policies, but i think you can get a replacement.. zagg offers lifetime guarantee.

I have a zagg shield on a playbook and wrapsol on the other.. theres a huge difference on the texture feel. my advice would be to check the warranty from zagg and get a replacement.

Its never a good idea to try to "fix" or "adjust" a screen protector after its installed.. odds are it will only get worse.

Usually zagg and wrapsol have some technology in their protectors. When I installed my wrapsol, it looked like crap, horrible. but after 24hrs it looked pretty decent and after 48 hours i looked neat, bubble free.
    12-29-11 06:58 PM
    Check out the below site. I purchased 6 of them for a total with shipping for $10.60. They are $1.34 each. I was a little skeptical of the price but it works great. It took me 3 of the 6 to get it on 100% perfect with no dust or bubbles but it fits perfectly. It also doesn't even feel like my Playbook has a protector on it. I Purchased the Zagg and it felt so tacky I ripped it off and that cost me $25.00 at Best Buy. They have three different versions available.

For only $1.14 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Screen Protective Film w/ High Transparency Finish for Blackberry PlayBook | Accessories for Blackberry

The protector has 2 removable sides. The 1st is for when you apply it to the screen and once you have it on you peel off side #2. Just make sure your pre peel the very edge of side 2. If you try and pull side two off without pre peeling it you will end up pulling off the entire protector.

The reviews for the iPhone 4 version is excellent. I am planning on ordering some.
    Last edited by Tajee001; 12-29-11 at 07:45 PM.
    12-29-11 07:16 PM
    The advantage of the wet application is that it gives u a better control of the alignment. those protectors that are worth $2 or less imply you might mess up the alignment if you dont place it well on the start.

I like using those protectors for small screen likes mobiles, but for bigger screen like the playbook, its a lot easier to mess it up.

You can find "versions" or "imitations" of the zagg on ebay for $8 that feature the wet application.
    12-29-11 07:35 PM
    I just applied a skinomi protector to mum's new Defy and I xan tell you, if it is still wet, you can peel it out and restart the process. It will look like crap for a few hours, but 24h later it should be invisible (provided you follow the instructions...).

I've applied a total of 5 of them so far.
    12-29-11 08:14 PM
    I just applied a skinomi protector to mum's new Defy and I xan tell you, if it is still wet, you can peel it out and restart the process. It will look like crap for a few hours, but 24h later it should be invisible (provided you follow the instructions...).

I've applied a total of 5 of them so far.
    If the glue pulls up it won't look good after any amount of time trust me. If you have a spot that isn't wet enough it will cause problems that won't go away.

James
    whoa likes this.
    12-29-11 09:57 PM
    If the glue pulls up it won't look good after any amount of time trust me. If you have a spot that isn't wet enough it will cause problems that won't go away.

James
    That is true, boxer. The edges on my 9780 are living proof of that.

But if he manages to peel it with no damage to the blue, he should be able to give it as many goes as it takes (till glue gets it).
    12-30-11 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD