12-23-11 10:23 PM
34 12
tools
    FTR Birds is 4 bucks on iOS too, it's just cheaper on Android, and I believe that it came down in price from being more expensive earlier in it's life. There IS of course the ad supported version for free on the other platforms which hopefully WILL also make it's way to the PB.
    12-23-11 11:31 AM
    Are you for real?

A few bucks for a game that takes quite some time to develop, marked and sell...

I bet you use 4, 5 or 6$ easily when you go to the grocery?

Get a job!

-or sell your BB
    i think your miszing the point.theres a free version of ab on every plattform so why not ours???.who cares if an app is 1$ or 50$ if theres a free version available elsewhere the pb should have the same.
    Lhendr likes this.
    12-23-11 12:23 PM
    Just for the record...

Angry Birds HD for iPad is priced at $60 mxp (mexican pesos)

Source: Apple App Store (Mexico)

Angry Birds for the PlayBook is priced at $58.00 mxp (mexican pesos)

Source: BlackBerry App World (Mexico)

Angry Birds Rio HD for iPad is priced at $36 mxp (mexican pesos)
    (22/11/2011 update)
    Source: Apple App Store (Mexico)

Angry Birds Rio for the PlayBook is priced at $58.00 mxp (mexican pesos)

Source: BlackBerry App World (Mexico)

I don't see a big deal in price differences, if you want to buy the game, Go and buy it! If you don't think it's worth it, go and play the free or cheaper versions on other devices/platforms. Nothing much else to say about that.
    12-23-11 05:05 PM
    No one is owed a free Angry Birds on PlayBook. Don't like the price? Don't buy it, but for gods sake, stop crying. What is wrong with you people? You want free apps? Then write apps and give them away for free. You want ad-supported Angry Birds? Get an Android tablet.
    rjedge54, CDM76, JPMorgan_ and 1 others like this.
    12-23-11 06:44 PM
    i think your miszing the point.theres a free version of ab on every plattform so why not ours???.who cares if an app is 1$ or 50$ if theres a free version available elsewhere the pb should have the same.
    According to who? It's the developers choice what platforms they write for, and how much they charge. It's your choice to buy it, or not buy it.
    rjedge54 and JPMorgan_ like this.
    12-23-11 06:50 PM
    i think your miszing the point.theres a free version of ab on every plattform so why not ours???.
    Because the free app is supported by advertising. The PB audience is *tiny* compared to the iOS and Android audiences.

PB buyers *choose* to buy an unpopular platform. That's your choice, but you can't ask third-party developers to subsidize that decision. If and when the platform becomes popular, then developers can afford to make "free" apps for it.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 12-23-11 at 08:05 PM.
    TBone4eva likes this.
    12-23-11 08:02 PM
    Because the free app is supported by advertising. The PB audience is *tiny* compared to the iOS and Android audiences.

PB buyers *choose* to buy an unpopular platform. That's your choice, but you can't ask third-party developers to subsidize that decision. If and when the platform becomes popular, then developers can afford to make "free" apps for it.
    Well said.
    12-23-11 08:36 PM
    Holy crap, non stop complaining since April about no Angry Birds and now it's here and people are ******** about the $4.99????? Wow, really?? Jeez. I just spent $10 to put it on my wife's PB (orig and Rio) and she's ecstatic. And having been on this forum since pre-PB and reading the plethora of "WE NEED ANGRY BIRDS" posts and threads about 90% of the people here should be getting wallet burn they are pulling it out so fast to buy this, not complaining because it's $4.99.

Why is it the PB forum has to lean towards the negative so damn often??
    12-23-11 09:38 PM
    It's these lame "open letter" and stupid "i don't want to pay for apps" threads like these that have kept me from participating in this site. All these whining people are like an unwanted cancer.

2011...the year of the "open letter".
    12-23-11 10:23 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD