View Poll Results: Should we root our Playbooks now or wait for the 2.0 release in February?

83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Root Now!

    7 8.43%
  • Wait to see new 2.0 Releases in Operation First!

    76 91.57%
02-01-12 10:29 PM
29 12
  1. White9900's Avatar
    Seems like the routing question has been answered!
    01-27-12 07:45 PM
  2. KSN380's Avatar
    Hey guys/gals. I'm new to the BBPB. Just picked up a 64GB on sale for $299. Couldn't pass up the 50% off sale. Thought I'd give it a try. Plus the customer reviews on the PB were so positive. I've been an iPad user primarily since iPad 1. Still have it. It's nice having both.

    The 1st few days I wasn't really impressed with the PB. But then it started growing on me. I really started to enjoy the OS. The swipe features are amazing. Truly ingenious.

    I decided to keep the PB mainly because of 2.0. Can't wait for the update. With the update the PB is truly worth the investment.

    Had a few questions though. I understand that when 2.0 comes out that we'll have a native email and calendar client. Will this update also give us the android launcher? I've seen youtube videos of 2.0 beta installs with a launcher that gives us the option of Honeycomb or ICS.

    If so, that would be awesome. The best of many worlds in one tablet. If not, then I guess we'd have to root, right?

    Anyways, wanted to introduce myself and also say that I've been enjoying this forum. Thanks for your input inadvance.

    02-01-12 04:59 PM
  3. renownedanonymous's Avatar
    Welcome to the Crackberry nation! Glad you like your Playbook!

    As I understand it, the Android Player within OS 2.0 is only for utilizing/playing apps that are downloaded from App World on the device. You will not have the option of booting into different android runtimes. You will need to root to do otherwise.
    02-01-12 07:31 PM
  4. sjefferson21's Avatar
    I like mine natural
    02-01-12 10:29 PM
29 12