Anyone with any issues not being able to tether with their new 9900? i can Bridge fine but i can't connect to tether. i get Authenticating, Obtaining IP Address and then nothing. Called Rogers to verify tethering is enabled and still nothing.
    08-11-11 09:34 PM
    Just tried mine, connected right away.

I would try deleting the profile, and make sure you have Rogers selected when it asks for your profile, in case you selected something else by mistake.
    08-12-11 06:35 AM
    How's the browsing speed? i'm looking to upgrade my 8900 to a 9810 today!
    08-12-11 07:29 AM
    To be honest I haven't touched my pb that much since I got the phone, but the little I did use it, it seems much faster to me.

HSPA and a better processor in the phone probably help there a lot.
    08-12-11 06:51 PM
    Is anyone able to post instructions to tether using bluetooth? I have the Bold 9900 and I called Rogers and they would only guide me through it if I paid like $50.
    09-01-11 02:59 PM
    @DX9: Rogers had this issue with the PB where you had to manually specific the APN in the PB, and can't just search for "Rogers Wireless" which uses the wrong APN. I can't remember the exact settings, there has been several threads about this, so you can search this forum.
    09-01-11 09:50 PM
    Anyone with any issues not being able to tether with their new 9900? i can Bridge fine but i can't connect to tether. i get Authenticating, Obtaining IP Address and then nothing. Called Rogers to verify tethering is enabled and still nothing.
    I find with Rogers it's highly dependant on the tower you are connected to. I can tether throughout most of the GTA without problems, but as soon as I try to tether at work to stream Slacker on my PlayBook, I get constant disconnects or no connection at all. If you're in the city try going to a different part of the city to see if you can tether.

@DX9: Rogers had this issue with the PB where you had to manually specific the APN in the PB, and can't just search for "Rogers Wireless" which uses the wrong APN. I can't remember the exact settings, there has been several threads about this, so you can search this forum.
    That issue was a PB issue AFAIK, and was only on the release OS. My APN has been automatic on the PB ever since the second OS update.
    09-02-11 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD