Well, sadly, my 64 has to go in for repair. The USB port stopped working. I have to say, RIM's handling of the situation so far is excellent. I called them Monday afternoon, got the return material today, and FedEx picked up this afternoon.

The return packaging and process is very well done. No room for error, everything pre-labeled, clear instructions.

I have to give credit to FedEx too. They dropped off the return packaging and left. I had it all packaged 15 minutes later. I called to schedule a pickup and they were at my door within 15 minutes to pick it up. The whole process was about 30 minutes.

Well done RIM, well done FedEx! (at least until they tell me the problem is my fault or something along those lines).
    05-30-12 12:35 PM
    I think it'll all go well for you Pretty sure RIM, by now knows that the usb port is a weak point. They've been replacing defective original chargers with the rapid charger probably for that reason. Yes their customer service is second to none is'nt it.
    05-30-12 03:45 PM
    Update ... My replacement PB is currently updating to 2.1 dev beta. Total process from calling to getting my playbook back, 7.5 days (including shipping back and forth). Pretty good in my opinion.

The good news about getting a replacement, rather than a fix is that my kids had dropped my original one a few times, and a corner of the case was a bit loose. That obviously isn't a problem anymore either.
    06-04-12 05:29 PM
    Yep, RIM"s customer service was amazing for mine. I had my playbook replaced/repaired within 3 days! They sent me Fedex box next day, I sent it back to them same day I received the box, and they sent me the replacement back two days after! This was after the complementary free support period as well!
    06-04-12 05:57 PM
    "...complementary free support period as well.."
    IS that not the 90 day phone support (?), which would be diff. than the supposed warranty period ( 1yr ?) which I would think would not involve a charge if your phone filing a need for a RMA (under warranty) !?
    06-05-12 01:19 AM