Just a few hours ago Yahoo! Mail on my PlayBook stopped working. It says cannot connect to rim.imap.yahoo.com. I've tried deleting and setting it up again but still the same thing (By the way, still working fine on BlackBerry smartphone). Anyone having the same issue?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails RIM Yahoo! Mail server issue (rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com)-uploadfromtaptalk1362554452765.jpg  
    03-06-13 01:22 AM
    try to use a desktop browser and log into your yahoo account. Change your email password to a new one. Log out of yahoo mail. goto Settings of your PlayBook and remove this email account. then re-add it back with your new password and see if that helps.
    TonyGman likes this.
    03-06-13 01:33 AM
    I too use Yahoo (att.net) and experienced that when I was setting up my accounts. Waited a few minutes and tried again. Worked. BTW, every so often, I am asked to re-enter my password. Nothing consistent, but it does happen.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    03-06-13 08:21 AM
    Ms Mayer seems more interested in firing people, hiring her buddies and making Yahoo pretty than actually making it work.
    03-06-13 10:26 AM
    Ooppps! I have four mail accounts with yahoo. Well it's actually through my bt broadband service but to all intense and purpose its yahoo mail. I login under a BT/Yahoo login and all my emails are working perfectly including contacts and calendar sync. BT also use the rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com settings so give it another try.
    03-06-13 10:34 AM
    Definitely something is not working with either the native playbook mail app or yahoo. I have one of my yahoo accounts setup as the native email accounts on the PB and I get the password prompt which I enter and appears to work but does nothing. When checking the actual account via the Web I can see emails but not going to the PB. I use yahoo Web services for my other email accounts which I receive on my phone and bridge app which send and receive with no problem.

Update sitting here typing this a test email I sent came through but it took 20 minute.
    03-06-13 10:48 PM
    Definitely something is not working with either the native playbook mail app or yahoo. I have one of my yahoo accounts setup as the native email accounts on the PB and I get the password prompt which I enter and appears to work but does nothing. When checking the actual account via the Web I can see emails but not going to the PB. I use yahoo Web services for my other email accounts which I receive on my phone and bridge app which send and receive with no problem.

Update sitting here typing this a test email I sent came through but it took 20 minute.
    So the connection and sync are actually working its just a speed issue so look to your connection method. Just to double check my settings on one account are as follows:

Normal user name and password for the account obviously.
    First address:
    rim.Imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 993
    SSL

Second:
    rim.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port: 465
    SSL

I have a second account that uses the same settings with the exception of the rim. On the front of both servers. Ie smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Both work fine. I suggest you look at your connection as you have already established that it works, only it works slowly.
    Cooker00 and lakadko like this.
    03-07-13 07:59 AM
    Mayor stated no more support do for BlackBerry, this was like last week.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-07-13 08:30 AM

That was for the app. The app you know? The one nobody use anymore...
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    03-07-13 08:40 AM
    I get a imap password request every couple of days on my playbook for Yahoo. No problems with my 9900 mail though
    03-07-13 08:46 AM

A famouse man once said that he wouldnt invade poland! but he still did and that was many years ago, do you remember that?. Google dont support sync anymore but it still works! I know because I use it every day!

I thought even you would know that withdrawing software support for a product does not mean it stops working. it simply means no more upgrades. A good company will still take your calls regarding problems with the exsisting software that you have but will not help with any problems due to you upgrading OS, changing your requirements of the software or your operational environment.

Basics really!
    castoridae likes this.
    03-07-13 11:22 AM
    Just remove 'rim' from there
    Review these IMAP settings in your email program:
    Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Incoming Port: 993 (requires SSL)
    Outgoing Port: 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
    User name: full email address (for example, [email protected] or [email protected])
    Password: the password you sign in to Yahoo! with.
    03-08-13 10:32 AM
    Same here.

I get a imap password request every couple of days on my playbook for Yahoo. No problems with my 9900 mail though
    03-16-13 11:44 PM
    yesterday evening my native email (tied to yahoo email) totally disappeared. In settings, no calendar or email was listed, like it was new and nothing set up. So, I tried to open native email and there was just a blank. So, I accessed yahoo from PB fine, but Yahoo mail was stalling. After a couple of hrs native email reloaded and was fine. Today no problems at all. I think something was up with yahoo mail, not PB.
    03-17-13 04:21 PM
    yesterday evening my native email (tied to yahoo email) totally disappeared. In settings, no calendar or email was listed, like it was new and nothing set up. So, I tried to open native email and there was just a blank. So, I accessed yahoo from PB fine, but Yahoo mail was stalling. After a couple of hrs native email reloaded and was fine. Today no problems at all. I think something was up with yahoo mail, not PB.
    We have our corporate email with Yahoo and the last 2 weeks it has been horrible to connect. So much that we are looking for other alternatives.
    03-17-13 04:50 PM
    We have our corporate email with Yahoo and the last 2 weeks it has been horrible to connect. So much that we are looking for other alternatives.
    Yes, its only reading this thread that I learned the woman owning yahoo is crazy. Problem is that my internet provider is Rogers, and they use yahoo, so I feel that I'm stuck as would many others. The only thing I can say is that so far, yahoo has been correcting itself.
    03-17-13 07:00 PM
    Once a Yahoo always a Yahoo
    03-17-13 07:13 PM
    I too use Yahoo (att.net) and experienced that when I was setting up my accounts. Waited a few minutes and tried again. Worked. BTW, every so often, I am asked to re-enter my password. Nothing consistent, but it does happen.
    Every now and again I'm prompted for my password, even when using a PC.
    03-17-13 10:56 PM
    That was for the app. The app you know? The one nobody use anymore...
    The app that no one actually knew existed

Posted via CB10
    castoridae likes this.
    03-17-13 11:35 PM
    yahoo cruisin' for a bruisin' this is totally a yahoo issue not Blackberry ... Here's the solution
    Yahoo doesn't support sync to contacts of calender any more ... their loss ... that just serves to push more people to Gmail account ... to make the best of your situation I recommend you go to your yahoo mail options and export your contact list to your desktop computer. The file is called yahoo_ab.csv now set up a google Gmail account and in the google mail options import that file to your google account. Now add your google account to your BB Z10 ... It will sync the Gmail contacts perfectly.
    03-22-13 02:02 PM
    Wonder why they chose that name?
    Noun1.yahoo - a person who is not very intelligent or interested in culture
    bumpkin, chawbacon, hayseed, hick, rube, yokel
    rustic - an unsophisticated country person

Maybe they are trying to live up to that. Seriously it is not unusual or improper for email providers to ask for reentry of passwords. Maybe due in part to the internet service involved.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-22-13 02:18 PM
    I gave up and just put a new password in ,email address the same, yahoo said something
    About password being comprised? Give that a shot!
    03-22-13 03:07 PM
    yahoo cruisin' for a bruisin' this is totally a yahoo issue not Blackberry ... Here's the solution
    Yahoo doesn't support sync to contacts of calender any more ... their loss ... that just serves to push more people to Gmail account ... to make the best of your situation I recommend you go to your yahoo mail options and export your contact list to your desktop computer. The file is called yahoo_ab.csv now set up a google Gmail account and in the google mail options import that file to your google account. Now add your google account to your BB Z10 ... It will sync the Gmail contacts perfectly.
    How will that help if your main email for years has been yahoo? What I'm saying is the outlook account rogers sets up for customers, downloads from yahoo, so its really just ayahoo acct. So it would be like changing yourbphysical home address or land phone or whatever, and quite a hassle. I agree if yahoo continues to deteriorate, everyone will jump ship, including companies like rogers.
    03-22-13 04:27 PM

Maybe they are trying to live up to that. Seriously it is not unusual or improper for email providers to ask for reentry of passwords. Maybe due in part to the internet service involved.
    Awwww shucks that's the nicest compliment anyone has paid me for a long time. Would you like a pasty?
    03-22-13 05:05 PM

Truth in advertising, that's why. But the name applies to the users not the service I fear. (Have been using it since I went onto e-mail in the Year 3.)
    03-22-13 05:05 PM
39 12