11-17-12 08:19 PM
29 12
tools
    Agreed but my issue is that if you don't upgrade your sol. There is no option to download the previous version you paid for. It's pay and upgrade or lose the app and money you used to purchase it. If I pay for a version 1.0 build then I should own that app at 1.0 forever. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that and that's my gripe.
    Yeah... I agree. That's crazy.
    11-17-12 12:50 AM
    What you are saying doesn't make much sense diegonei, RIM is definitely to be blamed for this. Yes developers can alter their prices but if i bought an app at Price X on Day X that app should forever be mine regardless of changes the developer makes to the app. It is definitely a flaw in Blackberry App world. For instance i dowloaded a free game, but it contained in app purchases, i bought them... My playbook got messed up where a wipe was reauired. Reinstalled the game but i can't recover the in game items that ive purchased already.. Wtf? Appwprld ahould have synced my ID to that purchase and everything, and override the request to buy when i click on it. Smh i spend over 5$ on in app items in radiant defense... And now they are all gone.
    adi_vastava and BB_Bmore like this.
    11-17-12 11:46 AM
    For the record, i do not have a problem with developers charging for upgrades. If you don't like it, don't upgrade. It is quite different in other app markets though.
    A developer charging for an upgrade and someone deciding the current version is sufficient is quite different from someone whom wants to reinstall an application. A price change should not affect the SKU-equivalent associated with the application in BlackBerry AppWorld. Upgrades, as far as I am aware, require a new unique identifier. For example, I download an application which the developer prices at 0.00 during the first two weeks to garner interest and feedback. After the initial free period the developer sets the price to 0.99 and anyone whom already downloaded the application is not charged because the SKU, for lack of a better term, remains unchanged. During the trial period a user deletes the application and later decides to reinstall it sometime after the price increase; this person should not be charged the current price because their BlackBerry AppWorld history indicates they already "bought" the application. Now, if the developer upgrades the application and instead of using the same SKU makes the choice to assign a new SKU and hence force any upgrade to be a paid-for upgrade, the developer retains the right. On the other hand, the developer could choose to use the same SKU and thereby provide free upgrade to the users. However, a simple price change should never affect one's ability to reinstall an application.
    11-17-12 01:25 PM
    A developer charging for an upgrade and someone deciding the current version is sufficient is quite different from someone whom wants to reinstall an application. A price change should not affect the SKU-equivalent associated with the application in BlackBerry AppWorld. Upgrades, as far as I am aware, require a new unique identifier. For example, I download an application which the developer prices at 0.00 during the first two weeks to garner interest and feedback. After the initial free period the developer sets the price to 0.99 and anyone whom already downloaded the application is not charged because the SKU, for lack of a better term, remains unchanged. During the trial period a user deletes the application and later decides to reinstall it sometime after the price increase; this person should not be charged the current price because their BlackBerry AppWorld history indicates they already "bought" the application. Now, if the developer upgrades the application and instead of using the same SKU makes the choice to assign a new SKU and hence force any upgrade to be a paid-for upgrade, the developer retains the right. On the other hand, the developer could choose to use the same SKU and thereby provide free upgrade to the users. However, a simple price change should never affect one's ability to reinstall an application.
    I agree. It's very weird and overly cumbersome.
    11-17-12 08:19 PM
29 12