As some of you know, my battery life went south after the latest update. Someone suggested a complete reset of the system. I did and it seemed to do the trick for the battery life. However, RIM won't let me install any of the previous apps/games that I have already paid for stating that the price of the app/game has changed. So I can't download all of the apps and games for myself and my son that I have purchased?
    11-16-12 05:45 AM
    As some of you know, my battery life went south after the latest update. Someone suggested a complete reset of the system. I did and it seemed to do the trick for the battery life. However, RIM won't let me install any of the previous apps/games that I have already paid for stating that the price of the app/game has changed. So I can't download all of the apps and games for myself and my son that I have purchased?
    Which apps? I just ran into this issue with cooklet. But its legit... They changed the price. Sooo, that's that
    11-16-12 06:47 AM
    Cast blame where it is due. RIM has nothing to do with your issue. The developers change the price tags, not RIM. In this situation, loading the apps from a previous backup will solve the situation. But keep in mind it can be a bug. Delete the WiFi network and 3 finger reboot your PlayBook (hold volume up, power, volume down till it reboots. If you hear a click, you're doing it wrong).

Are these apps not showing in the Uninstalled section of App World? I've done many clean installs on my BlackBerry but I have always managed to reinstall my apps through App World.

Perhaps you could try resetting App World by going into My World then typing Alt + RST. Try that and see how you get on.
    DJ sweetheart, Can you help me find the ALT key on my PlayBook?
    11-16-12 06:50 AM
    If you have done a backup (which you should have before wipe) you can simply restore it.. and the apps should be there..
    11-16-12 06:53 AM
    Cast blame where it is due. RIM has nothing to do with your issue. The developers change the price tags, not RIM.
    A price change for an application in BlackBerry AppWorld should not affect the ability to reinstall previously purchased applications from within the BlackBerry AppWorld client. The fact price changes do impeded users is an issue which needs to be addressed by Research In Motion.
    digtech, smartie88, Wasp14 and 2 others like this.
    11-16-12 06:56 AM
    A price change for an application in BlackBerry AppWorld should not affect the ability to reinstall previously purchased applications from within the BlackBerry AppWorld client. The fact price changes do impeded users is an issue which needs to be addressed by Research In Motion.
    Yeah, that's a little backwards. Does sound like a RIM issue.
    BB_Bmore and Blacklatino like this.
    11-16-12 06:57 AM
    Are these apps not showing in the Uninstalled section of App World? I've done many clean installs on my BlackBerry but I have always managed to reinstall my apps through App World.

Perhaps you could try resetting App World by going into My World then typing Alt + RST. Try that and see how you get on.
    11-16-12 07:04 AM
    In fact, the change in a price tag does prevent the download. The fact that the price changed is not RIM's falt, thus the OP's claim that RIM isn't letting him download is misleading.

The devs are free to decide what pricing strategy to go for. Take BeBuzz (BerryBuzz) for example: They make you buy the app again on every full interation (v2 to v3, v3 to v4, v4 to v5). Most just make updates free. Some charge an update fee. It isn't really RIM's fault.

Right now I am much more interested to know how DJ's reply managed to move from #2 to #7...
    11-16-12 07:10 AM
    In fact, the change in a price tag does prevent the download. The fact that the price changed is not RIM's falt, thus the OP's claim that RIM isn't letting him download is misleading.

The devs are free to decide what pricing strategy to go for. Take BeBuzz (BerryBuzz) for example: They make you buy the app again on every full interation (v2 to v3, v3 to v4, v4 to v5). Most just make updates free. Some charge an update fee. It isn't really RIM's fault.

Right now I am much more interested to know how DJ's reply managed to move from #2 to #7...
    I guess when viewed through the prism of other platforms, it seems incredibly archaic. On Android, if I get an app for free (like say, during a giveaway), I own that license in perpetuity; even when it goes back to regular price, it's mine. It is permanently listed on my app list. No backup is needed, and I can change devices as often as I like and still use the app (as long as device is compatible). The developer can change the price all he/she wants, but Play Store knows it's mine.

I'd expect RIM (not the developer) to ensure the same functionality in its store.
    11-16-12 08:14 AM
    I've run into this issue on both my pb & bb. Very frustrating cuz you'd think you would be able to redownload what you already paid for no matter what the new price is. Makes no sense to me.
    11-16-12 08:56 AM
    I agree with you completely.

Other thing that ticks me off is that in case of apps like Cooklet which just has changed price from FREE to $1.99 as long as i do not upgrade and purchase app or delete app completely i will have message that there is new update in app world. annoying and unacceptable.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-16-12 09:02 AM
    I guess when viewed through the prism of other platforms, it seems incredibly archaic. On Android, if I get an app for free (like say, during a giveaway), I own that license in perpetuity; even when it goes back to regular price, it's mine. It is permanently listed on my app list. No backup is needed, and I can change devices as often as I like and still use the app (as long as device is compatible). The developer can change the price all he/she wants, but Play Store knows it's mine.

I'd expect RIM (not the developer) to ensure the same functionality in its store.
    I agree, and I am not defending any of the parties, just stating how things work. And I also would like to know why there is some inconsistency. I have a few "grab while you can" apps on My World and some of them changed prices, but never pest me to re-purchase them, while I had to delete others from the list since I was never going to pay for them.
    11-16-12 09:29 AM

The other thing that ticks me off is that in case of apps like Cooklet which just has changed price from FREE to $1.99 as long as i do not upgrade and purchase app or delete app completely i will have message that there is new update in app world. annoying and unacceptable.
    Not only that, with my bb, the only way I seem to be able to update apps any more when there is more than one, is to choose "update all." If I don't want to buy the one I got for free that has been changed to paid, I'm up against the wall. I haven't tried choosing update all and then denying the purchase for the free one (and if anyone has and has then been able to update the other one, please let me know) - I just deleted the free one so I could update the other one, which meant I permanently lost the free one.
    11-16-12 10:34 AM
    They are showing up in my uninstalled section but they won't let me download it because it says the price has changed. For example, I paid $2.99 for a particular app and now it's on sale for $1.99 but I can't download it because "the price has changed." How is that fair? Not to throw a competitor into the mix but I have an iPhone and if I buy an app, it's mine regardless if I buy it for $2.99 and they jack the price to $100.99 or visa versa. I am always allowed to download that content because I purchased it. The fact that I can't download previously purchased content through RIM because the price was altered is ridiculous to me. I can restore my previous backup from before the reinstall, but if the poor battery bug is buried somewhere in that backup whats the point?
    convenor likes this.
    11-16-12 10:38 AM
    OP there have been issues with. 1088 and appworld billing, not saying that this is what your experiencing but I thought you should know. As far as the way appworld works with paid upgrades...it needs to be fixed! If I pay 2.99 for a v1 app and wipe only to find out that it's now v2 and 1.99 more to upgrade? Not cool. What if I don't want to upgrade? Shouldn't I at least be able to download the v1 that I paid 2.99 for? I shouldn't be forced to pay more to use an app that I already paid for. It's nothing short of theft Imo. It needs to be fixed.

Again to the OP, twice since upgrading to. 1088 I have been asked to pay for apps that I already purchased when they received an upgrade. I spoke with a dev about it and they confirmed that it's a bug in..1088 I refreshed and once had to reboot to fix it. I suspect that this may be what's going on with you. However you are fresh from a wipe so I'm not sure how to get around it. Good luck but I think you will get it straightened out.
    11-16-12 11:13 AM
    Oh, that's a whole new ball game... It's the first time I ever see anyone hitting such issue (a price decrease rather than a proce increase).

OP, contact RIM on this one. It's clearly a bug.

(You could try deleting the WiFi network and rebooting the PlayBook - that usually clears AppWorld bugs and although I don't think it will help, there is always a chance...)
    11-16-12 11:36 AM

Other thing that ticks me off is that in case of apps like Cooklet which just has changed price from FREE to $1.99 as long as i do not upgrade and purchase app or delete app completely i will have message that there is new update in app world. annoying and unacceptable.
    I was wondering about that as well. I would like to not see that notification message of the Cooklet app since I want to keep using the Free version. Pretty frustrating
    11-16-12 12:29 PM
    Thanks for the help and suggestions guys. I'll mess around with it and see what I can come up with.
    11-16-12 12:43 PM
    Hey guys off topic but as far as the new cooklet app goes,it's soooooo worth the 1.99 to upgrade. It's much improved, like a whole new application I love it.
    giorgio99 likes this.
    11-16-12 01:05 PM
    For the record, i do not have a problem with developers charging for upgrades. If you don't like it, don't upgrade. It is quite different in other app markets though.
    11-16-12 01:39 PM
    Restore from a Backup?

The price change from free to paid apps in AppWorld was a disaster to happen.. and fortunately that's history now... From now on developers must choose to list apps as Free -or Paid - and cannot be changed later...
    11-16-12 02:27 PM
    Agreed but my issue is that if you don't upgrade your sol. There is no option to download the previous version you paid for. It's pay and upgrade or lose the app and money you used to purchase it. If I pay for a version 1.0 build then I should own that app at 1.0 forever. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that and that's my gripe.
    For the record, i do not have a problem with developers charging for upgrades. If you don't like it, don't upgrade. It is quite different in other app markets though.
    FF22 and Dim-Ize like this.
    11-16-12 07:07 PM
    Pay $2 big deal. You won't get any updates so you will be forced to get it sooner or later. If your that hard up for cash i will give you $2...lol
    11-16-12 07:53 PM
    My cooklet took the delete path. Pay $2 because it's no big deal? Some ppl just don't mind doing being ripped of. LOL
    11-16-12 08:28 PM
    im also have a problem last nite when purchased 1 apps name "KalemSoft Media Player" after the payment done and i get email receipt from RIM..got some error say cant continue to download..the apps around USD6.99..=,= after got that error i close APPS World then i find the apps back then it doesnt show in my APP World..i restart my pb and i open APP World back n find the apps then it show me to Purchase =,= i click to purchase and got some notification from appworld said " You have Purchased This Apps" fuh...and it continue downloading and install..i think RIM need update their APP World for the Playbook. Now i enjoy this KalemSoft Video Player Make all format video that i cant play before can play rite now..love it !
    11-16-12 10:18 PM
29 12