Any news for the Chinese Handwriting support.....?????
    jon2003 likes this.
    08-26-12 07:57 PM
    I don't think we are going any Chinese input on PlayBook before BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-28-12 02:01 AM
    I suspect that once BB10 comes out RIM will include chinese input. They will have to if they expect to sell their phones internationally

River Frost You have my vote
    08-28-12 02:40 AM
    Don't want to hijack the thread, but here too, I'd like to see RIM-supplied keyboard input languages for the PlayBook: Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc), Slavic (Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, Slovakian, etc), Arabic, etc.

Worst part is, according to communication with RIM, there's no way to make interchangeable keyboard input for the Playbook, unless it comes from RIM. ... can only make a keyboard "app", then use that to type whatever you need, then copy & paste written info into wherever you're trying to input different language.

What a PITA..
    08-28-12 03:07 PM
    Any news for the Chinese Handwriting support.....?????
    The Dev Alpha has handwriting Chinese input as well as a couple of other input methods that I have not tried. The handwriting input seems to work quite well. korean input is broken. you can type the Hangul but they will not combine to form a valid character. Japanese I am not sure. My Dev Alpha bricked today and need to reinstall OS. cannot test. BB10 is NOWHERE NEAR READY! Do NOT believe the hype yet.
    08-28-12 06:13 PM
    Its amazing to me that RIM still has not remedied this. Real oversight on their part. RIM, a decade behind.
    08-28-12 06:14 PM
    The only thing that makes me real mad is that it is not arabic enabled!!! If RIM is not supporting arabian users , why in the you released the playbook in Dubai !!!!
    08-28-12 06:40 PM
    The only thing that makes me real mad is that it is not arabic enabled!!! If RIM is not supporting arabian users , why in the you released the playbook in Dubai !!!!
    A friend of mine asked me why RIM cannot put in multilingual support to the PlayBook when it hired so many Waterloo grads, many of whom have ancestry from the orient. I was speechless.
    asiayeah likes this.
    08-28-12 06:51 PM
    Need it too

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    08-28-12 07:42 PM
    Native Chinese input, please.

Thanks.
    09-18-12 12:02 AM
    I think RIM miss the boat here. You wonder why I Pad and I Pod Touch do so well in Chinese speaking countries. There are over billion of them. You deny the language use you lose sales. If RIM can see the potential in populated countries like Indonesia and India, how can they miss China?
    09-18-12 09:40 AM
    RIM is too arrogant to succeed. No wonder its boat is sinking.
    09-18-12 01:14 PM
    Yes, we need it..!
    09-18-12 08:36 PM
    No, Rim don't want to ! not even with the new OS 2.1.0.1032 update. I am still hoping one day, the chinese hand writing will come.
    10-05-12 12:34 PM
    I would have thought RIM would not stand being buried in shame for not providing keyboard for some of the quantitatively and qualitatively major markets in the world, and would provide it in this update.

But apparently they can breathe freely with that.

Same for refusing to provide the podcast app to Europe. Only riddles at the mere surface of their professional conscience.

In other words, yeah they really sook.
    10-05-12 01:35 PM
    I am Bulgarian and expected some new language support with 2.1. It is very difficult and slow to use Russian keyboard. It is even worse when i have to reply on already received email because all the text become unreadable so my customers can not see email history. I do not have this problem with my 9780.
    10-05-12 02:17 PM
    RIM, do you hear our voice.... ?
    10-05-12 04:54 PM
    RIM doesn't care as the boat is sinking and they are busy to jump out for life now. I don't think APPLE will take over it as they are happy to see it's sinking. Unlikely they will run out a hand to RIM like MS did it to them before.
    10-14-12 10:31 PM
    Good news is that it will be in BB10.
    10-14-12 10:33 PM
    Well, maybe some enterprising Chinese software developer could come up with a solution? and get $10k from RIM.
    10-17-12 12:30 AM
    Good news is that it will be in BB10.
    ... in mid 2013 ... if RIM doesn't fold before...
    10-17-12 05:06 AM
    RIM is too arrogant to succeed. No wonder its boat is sinking.
    It's not arrogance. Why wouldn't RIM want to provide this? They just have to prioritize their scope and just the OS out in time.
    10-17-12 06:07 AM
    If There isn't Chinese input they may build a knockoff device. And kill any chances of hitting the Chinese market.
    I was downtown and saw them selling knockoff smart phone called Blueberry. RIM needs to get moving on this one.
    10-21-12 06:19 AM
    :::
    FIRE THE BOARD MEMBERS AND CEO OF RIM FOR POORLY MANAGING RIM. THEY HAD THEIR CHANCES AND FAILED REPEATEDLY. I AM PRAYING EVERYDAY THAT THE U.S. GOVERNMENT WILL COMPLETELY SWITCH TO IPHONE. THEN, RIM WILL LOSE ITS BIGGEST MARKET AND I WON'T NEED TO USE BB ANYMORE! FINALLY, IT IS WORKING FAST, DEFENSE AND SEVERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ARE ABANDONING BB AND STARTING TO USE IPHONE. THE SAME GO TRUE TO OUR LOCAL COUNTY GOVERNMENT. AMEN!!!!

我們需要簡、繁體中文,日文,韓文手寫輸入法....!!!!!!

We needed Chinese (Traditional & Simplify), Japanese & Korean
    Handwriting Input Method...!
    Talon88 likes this.
    10-30-12 02:37 PM
    Support!!!
    03-14-13 06:06 PM
159 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD