Especially if iPad doesn't, isn't the ipad (and probably most of the Playbook) made over there?
    Stop spreading misinformation. Apple products probably come with best multi-national support right from the beginning. Current iPad2 does support various Chinese input methods.
    02-11-12 09:52 PM
    Unfortunately, this doesn't tell us anything. These could be just list of fonts of these languages, which are already supported. The OP's request is keyboard input.

If RIM is bringing this to PB on OS 2.0, they would have announced that already, so I'm not holding my breath.

Believe it or not, there's a great interest on these devices in China. They do have local Android tablets at much lower price than PB's sale price, but many are willing to pay relatively high price for these devices there.
    02-11-12 09:56 PM
    wo xiang ! well we gotta wait and see.
    02-11-12 09:59 PM
    Chinese input will be supported in PB. What we need to tell RIM is: we want it when OS2 is released. We don't want to wait and we shouldn't be made to wait, RIM better steps up to make sure CKJ is released with OS2. ?????????!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    River.Frost likes this.
    02-11-12 10:17 PM
    RIM,We Need Chinese Input!!!
    River.Frost likes this.
    02-12-12 05:33 AM
    Yes, more Asian language support, and support for indigenous language/dialect clusters such as Quechua.

There are over 6500 spoken languages in the world, and my question is, do all manufacturers of electronic products include these languages in their platforms, and/or, do they include written product instructions in all 6500+ languages?
    02-12-12 07:10 AM
    RIM,We Need Chinese Input!!!

Hi All,

I am a native Chinese, so allow me for any spelling or grammar mistake.
    Very exciting for received my 32GB PB. its a very long story for purchasing a perfect Playbook, how long? long enough for you don't want to hear.Now i finally got one with me from BestBuy.Perfect!

Perfect? maybe...Not! at least not for Chinese.
    We need a native Chinese input.

All Blackberry smartphone have the Chinese input embedded. every model no matter new or old.even ancient model. don't really under stand why Playbook missed it. Need the answer for all China user. more then 20k playbook user from what i heard.

China is a fast developing Country, A 13billion population. Apple easily sold 15million IPAD 1 till Mar-4-2011 here. now the number for PB is around 20K, Can't you figure out what a great potential market there.
    If there is an issue on playbook sale for RIM? send them all to China, 1.5million PB(the original produced number) is a very small number.

We have numbers of Blogs, forums for discussing Blackberry & Playbook, thousands of post about Playbook by daily. What i am telling you is people loves RIM products.

But this market easily given up by RIM totally. till today, we are not able to buy a single PB via a normal channel. there is no official distributor, no official retailer, no official store for PB. also in the forum, most compliant from the fans are 'no Chinese input, gonna sold it';'won't buy it until native Chinese input';'its not a good time for buying PB for not support our language'.

Be aware, we would love to see succeed on RIM.

So i am urging strongly, RIM to pick up this market immediately, start with a small update for adding Chinese input.

我们需要中文输入!!!
    02-12-12 11:05 AM
    Rim, I change my Iphone 3GS to 9900, my wife transfers samsung to 9360, and I hope Rim can release native Chinese!
    02-12-12 12:39 PM
    rofl many chinese peoples with 1+ post accounts lmao, seems they really want it.
    02-12-12 12:42 PM
    An unrelated question to Chinese readers:

I am preparing a trip to China next week and the roaming charges are ridiculous. With an unlocked 9810, can I easily get a China mobile SIM card with BIS support in Beijing? Google results seem to suggest that all three major carriers are supporting BIS now, is it true and which one has the fastest network and widest coverage?

Appreciated!
    River.Frost likes this.
    02-12-12 03:07 PM
    Support!!!
    I am both Bber and Pber for a long time, I like my bb8310 and then 9800 then PB. No official retail Channel in China and it took many effort to buy them from friends help or internet. It is a pleasure to dig every possibility.
    But from my point of view, the RIM product can not compet with APPLE for sure if RIM management does not change strategy. that is another story, does not matter if RIM focus on China market or not.
    yes there are so much THING need to be change and you aways have priority to balance. and yes probably RIM is in natural did not design PRODUCTIONS for normal people like Apple but geeker.
    But since I am using PB right now and it is painful to navigate Chinese website without Chinese IME, I am eager to have Chinese IME ASAP. It will be definitely dispoint if there is no Chinese IME is OS2.0.
    Is that too selfish?
    Well, i won't expect a Chinese IME on OS2.0, that will be a dream. but how about 3.0? make it complete, and make it multi-cultural.
    02-12-12 07:07 PM
    Yes, more Asian language support, and support for indigenous language/dialect clusters such as Quechua.

There are over 6500 spoken languages in the world, and my question is, do all manufacturers of electronic products include these languages in their platforms, and/or, do they include written product instructions in all 6500+ languages?
    Thanks for your reply! But honestly i do think Chinese is a widely used language. 1/5 can speak Chinese in this world.
    02-12-12 07:11 PM

I am preparing a trip to China next week and the roaming charges are ridiculous. With an unlocked 9810, can I easily get a China mobile SIM card with BIS support in Beijing? Google results seem to suggest that all three major carriers are supporting BIS now, is it true and which one has the fastest network and widest coverage?

Appreciated!
    Hi Aha, thanks for your supporting for this post.
    Its a sure thing that China Mobile, China Unicon(CDMA), China Telecom(CDMA) are supportive on BIS/BES. you can simply switch yoru SIM to one of them.and the charge is around 20US$/month. I am not in Beijing but a city near ShangHai. But i am very sure about my answer. I hope it helps on your question.
    aha likes this.
    02-12-12 07:17 PM
    I'm Chinese, from what I understand, BBs are not big in China. Nobody really goes for it. Many fobs in Toronto think that Iphone is the way. I don't think I've seen any international students in U of T holding Blackberries--They either have an iphone or some fobby phone haha.
    02-12-12 07:28 PM
    Suppot, We Need Chinese Input!!!
    02-12-12 08:27 PM
    I'm Chinese, from what I understand, BBs are not big in China. Nobody really goes for it. Many fobs in Toronto think that Iphone is the way. I don't think I've seen any international students in U of T holding Blackberries--They either have an iphone or some fobby phone haha.
    true, partly because RIM never seriously consider the market. the fact that there is no BIS support until 2011 speaks volume.
    02-12-12 08:28 PM

Appreciated!
    You will have to take China Unicom for it's the only UMTS network carrier in China. C Mobile owns TD and EDGE, C Telecom operates CDMA 2000.. neither of these two will work with your 9810.
    aha likes this.
    02-12-12 08:50 PM
    we need native Chinese input, not only because china has the largest buying power, but also, as a native canadian company, RIM should release the diversity of the population in canada. Therefore, by realizing the importance of chinese market, I believe RIM can do much better both in Canada and China.
    River.Frost likes this.
    02-12-12 09:19 PM
    Last week, I and my friends who are in East Asian countries such as China, Thailand and also in Arabian Countries went to the carrier shops that sell PlayBook in the countries. When we ask about the support in Asian Input Language, here is a terrifying answer to us.

'There will be no Asian or Arabian inputs in the February's OS2.0. There are alphabet supports for reading but the input support will be lauched at the launch of BB10 which will be in the end of this year or next year!'

While in Beta Zone, a lot of threads was replied that the supports are coming, but don't know when.

I can't confirm this to be true. In fact, I don't want this to be true (
    02-12-12 09:36 PM
    Is it THAT hard for RIM to add Chinese/Asian language input support? If they can't do this, I really doubt what else they can do well. When iPad Mini comes out later this year, and if there is still no Chinese Input support on PB, I'll jump to the dark side.
    02-12-12 10:56 PM
    but i don't understand. all of you that want chinese input support seem to have no problem communicating this in english. what's the problem?
    02-12-12 11:06 PM
    but i don't understand. all of you that want chinese input support seem to have no problem communicating this in english. what's the problem?
    The problem is we live in China, it's weird that we chinese have to communicate with each other in english...We have our local forum that discuss playbook and other bb products, and we do a lot of web search based on chinese, we also have weibo(twitter like) that requires chinese input(of course you can twitte in english, but hey, all of your followers are chinese...), that's why we need chinese input so badly, We don't care the OS's system language, english is OK, but Chinese Input is a must have...

COMMON RIM,We Need Chinese Input!!!
    River.Frost likes this.
    02-12-12 11:38 PM
    Is it THAT hard for RIM to add Chinese/Asian language input support? If they can't do this, I really doubt what else they can do well. When iPad Mini comes out later this year, and if there is still no Chinese Input support on PB, I'll jump to the dark side.
    I have a BB 9850 on Sprint and it has Chinese input, but it isn't fully functional. I can switch it on as an input method, but it freaks out, complaining about some module. From what I can tell, you just draw the character in an input box and it will give you some matches. I don't know if the missing module is because I have a U.S. edition of the phone or because the software is still in the works. Just like predictive text, RIM must have the methodology/algorithms worked out and just needs to code it for the Playbook.
    02-12-12 11:46 PM
    To be a desktop/laptop replacement, the Playbook needs to support Unicode and multi-language input. Simple as that. I, personally, don't need Chinese input at the moment, but its implementation will also be useful for Japanese and Korean languages. Right to left input implementation, as another example, would be useful for Hebrew and Arabic languages.
    02-12-12 11:51 PM
    support it, but i doubt RIM cares about this.
    02-12-12 11:53 PM
159 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD