This guy, Blunty, just posted the 3rd of a 3-part youtube video today (coincidentally the day of the Playbook release in Australia). I'd seen parts 1 and 2 the past couple of days. RIM couldn't pay for better marketing than what this guy provides.

The concept is brilliant. He takes his new Playbook and a video camera on an 11 hour train ride through Australia. Start at part 1 and I guarantee you'll check out parts 2 and 3 too.

06-20-11 01:05 AM
    I completely forgot about Blunty haha.

I love it.
    06-20-11 01:10 AM
    Nice. They should have used him for the Australian launch. I'm sure he would do a lot better than most of the retail sales reps that can't be bothered to check why a demo unit won't power on or if it has the latest software upgrade, etc, etc, etc...
    06-20-11 02:00 AM
    pretty good review.
    06-20-11 02:14 AM
    finally a positive review and not some arsehole from american media bashing it..

ofcourse this guy has had the advantage of having a more refined PB in his hands..maybe he would have been less enthusiastic if he had done it on release date in NA..

and i believe the more PB becomes refined the better reviews will be...

so good to have breath of fresh air...
    06-20-11 04:47 AM
    Very nice review and he still didn't show off every feature.
    06-20-11 05:14 AM
    Nice review and I'm sure fans of other systems are going to say it's terrible because he didn't even mention any of it's so called flaws.
    06-20-11 05:48 AM
    Flaws to one user are not always flaws to another.
    06-20-11 08:47 AM
    Too true!!!!!
    06-20-11 08:55 AM
    i'm kinda surprised he didn't mention you could tap the battery icon to put it into standby, otherwise good review.
    06-20-11 09:49 AM
    Loading up the video.

I don't really understand the PB's flaws except for perhaps its missing features, those features that haven't been implemented yet. Could someone fill me in? Is it battery? wifi connectivity? touch screen? I have no problems with any of those.
    06-20-11 12:17 PM
    I like the video review. He is right about everything preety much. He didn't even go through the HDMI output and HDtv compatibility.

Also, in case you didn't notice, his review isn't even based on the latest update to the OS. You can tell because his battery window doesn't have the option to change the brightness or the turn off/standby/restart buttons.
    Last edited by esqlaw; 06-20-11 at 12:47 PM.
    06-20-11 12:44 PM
    i'm kinda surprised he didn't mention you could tap the battery icon to put it into standby, otherwise good review.
    He reviewed it before the latest updates, but he does mention it in his replies to the comments on the video.

I thought it was an OK review. He used the PB more for entertainment while riding the train. I would have liked it better if he had reviewed it being used more for work. This is supposed to be the "World first professional tablet" after all.
    howarmat likes this.
    06-20-11 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD