The fanbois can shout all they want about how many millions of I4's are still selling, but Jobs will go down in history as the CEO that couldn't come clean about something they *ucked up and that will stick with him for the rest of his career.
    Please, let's not be dramatic, it's not like he leaked millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf. By the time iPhone 5 rolls around, everybody will forget about the whole antenna debacle.

I think he'll go down in history as the CEO who took a company with a $3 billion market cap (one he founded) and increased by a hundredfold or more to create the world's most valuable tech company.

He's almost there, since he took over Apple's market cap increased about 80x or so. He'll eventually be recognized with the Andy Groves and the Jack Welches as one of the greatest business leaders of recent times.
    07-31-10 09:35 PM
    Please, let's not be dramatic, it's not like he leaked millions of gallons of oil into the Gulf. By the time iPhone 5 rolls around, everybody will forget about the whole antenna debacle.

I think he'll go down in history as the CEO who took a company with a $3 billion market cap (one he founded) and increased by a hundredfold or more to create the world's most valuable tech company.

He's almost there, since he took over Apple's market cap increased about 80x or so. He'll eventually be recognized with the Andy Groves and the Jack Welches as one of the greatest business leaders of recent times.
    But he'll still be remembered as a condescending ****.
    08-01-10 02:19 AM
    But he'll still be remembered as a condescending ****.
    Exactly my point and I don't think for one minute that when I5 hits that everybody will have forgotten, that's definitely "blind mindless sheep" talking there, if anything it'll be the first thing people remember and question whether the I5 will have those issues.

Sure the "fanboi's" will just accept whatever "Blobs" has to give them, like I stated in another thread he could put "isht on a stick" and put in front of their faces and they'd accept it without question.

This is why they shouldn't call it the "Jesus" phone, at least his followers weren't LIED to about what he taught.
    08-01-10 06:11 AM
    im so ordering a BB pad or whatever they end up calling it. will also probably get a samsung galaxy tab.....we already have an iPad.....yeah, im a junkie. But im looking forward to the Berrypad of all of them.
    08-01-10 07:20 AM
    What about the WebOS tablets and Windows 7 tablets that are likely to show up around the same time?

Personally, outside of the iPad, I think the WebOS and Android tablets are going to be the most successful. Both OSes were created from the ground up to be touch devices. The others are bolt-ons.
    honestly, i don't see the web OS being a successful tablet. The phone's didn't do very well. People do not know about WebOS since it is so limited. Now granted the people that have the OS love it. and i'm sure it's a very valid platform. But the lack of media keeps it from being a front runner.

as far as windows 7 tablet. I see it being "meh it's okay"... Android and Apple have a slue of applications that are built for mobile touch screen device. Until MicroSoft has alot of Touch Screen Mobile Applications, i don't see it happening. but if the device would run stuff like Google Chrome, and firefox i could see it doing good things since people can sync w/ their browser from Google Chrome Tablet > Google Chrome Desktop > Android phone.

But then the android phones sync's everything w/ android tablet... it's hard to say....
    08-02-10 07:50 AM
    If BB plays this correctly...they could seriously revitalize their brand. They are already the #1 smartphone OS...if they leverage off that, make the blackpad integrate like a BB, release developer tools PRIOR to launch and develop a decent media ecosystem for the blackpad it could really help the brand. They have to make sure they focus on media tho....since that will be the make or break of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 07:55 AM
    honestly, i don't see the web OS being a successful tablet. The phone's didn't do very well. People do not know about WebOS since it is so limited. Now granted the people that have the OS love it. and i'm sure it's a very valid platform. But the lack of media keeps it from being a front runner.

as far as windows 7 tablet. I see it being "meh it's okay"... Android and Apple have a slue of applications that are built for mobile touch screen device. Until MicroSoft has alot of Touch Screen Mobile Applications, i don't see it happening. but if the device would run stuff like Google Chrome, and firefox i could see it doing good things since people can sync w/ their browser from Google Chrome Tablet > Google Chrome Desktop > Android phone.

But then the android phones sync's everything w/ android tablet... it's hard to say....
    I'm a Blackberry fan, but really the Windows 7 Tablet is what excites me far more than Any other tablet, there are some fantastic designs being thrown around, my personal fav are actually the 2 screen models that fold, allowing it to be Nintendo DS like giving an input touch screen and a viewing touch screen, as well as being able to use the dual screens as a single view, combine With Windows OneNote and FULL Office support, I really don't think RIM, Android, nor Apple, have anything that will compare to a solid workhorse Tablet, for the fun end, ya Windows/RIM probably wont be in that market, and it will be Apple and Android battling out for the consumer end. I see the Tablet market being a more divided market than the smartphone market between consumer and business.
    08-02-10 08:00 AM
    I wish RIM would focus on one thing at a time. lets first get a phone that is equivalent to an iphone or droid and then move on to tablets
    08-02-10 08:14 AM
    I wish RIM would focus on one thing at a time. lets first get a phone that is equivalent to an iphone or droid and then move on to tablets
    I agree with this!! This pad is going to fail miserably.
    08-02-10 08:22 AM

They go hand in hand though, the OS development for a touch screen phone, would be the same development for a tablet, might as well launch both and keep the update bug fixing between them linked up, it would cost less in R&D over the long term

Right now I don't think RIM needs a iPhone/Droid equivalent as much as it needs to solidify "Why Blackberry" in the minds of its existing customer base, and the new customer potential, in doing so It should be pushing with a NEW SOLID Candybar phone, playing the Me2 touchscreen game is not going to win them anything big, it will just remain a pissing match and require too much R&D, launch a tablet, geared for business applications, create strong ties with it for integration into corporate environments like integration with their ID badge readers. build a Touch screen smartphone with the same underlying OS, give it the fancy browser and help the app development world out. half of these touch screen users just want a great browser, and keyboard, and the knowledge that there is 1000 apps they could download if they wanted, even though most will probably use less than 10 apps daily as a regular user.
    08-02-10 08:22 AM
    iPad is iBad: iPad DRM endangers our rights | DefectiveByDesign.org

Rimpad, hope it's not as bad.

08-02-10 08:27 AM
    This is why they shouldn't call it the "Jesus" phone, at least his followers weren't LIED to about what he taught.
    They are now.
    08-02-10 08:37 AM
    iPad is iBad: iPad DRM endangers our rights | DefectiveByDesign.org

Rimpad, hope it's not as bad.

you are aware that this is the internet and you can find anyone's opinion to match your opinions.
    08-02-10 09:10 AM
    Then why would they purchase a domain that would be irrelevant?
    Squatters.
    08-02-10 10:36 AM
    Woohoo!! Blackpad!! Yes 9.7 inches! This is awesome!

04-28-11 08:33 PM
    I love my BlackPad... It's not the size that counts.... Well, it IS but, bigger is not always better.
    04-28-11 09:15 PM
    Ah folks - you did notice that the date on this article is July 30th, 2010, right??

This is an old article. I wouldn't be getting too excited about the 'alleged' 9.7" 'Blackpad'....
    Last edited by asherwiin; 04-28-11 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Fixed the date...
    04-28-11 09:23 PM
    Ah folks - you did notice that the date on this article is July 39th, 2010, right??
    Hmm, I don't recall July having 39 days last year, or any other year...
    04-28-11 09:28 PM
    This thread is a troll magnet. Funny how most of the posters don't own rim,but sure like to go to rims site and post on how their hardware, business plan, phones , and future ideas all suck. The 9800 will last a day on a charge and works great. That combined with Rims data compression means i get to save using the small data plan, and now bridge for free saving more ! Shouldn't you all be playing angry birds it's just as productive as your posts here.
    04-28-11 09:31 PM
    Woohoo!! Blackpad!! Yes 9.7 inches! This is awesome!

And you bumped this old thread why?
    04-28-11 09:32 PM
    ...Shouldn't you all be playing angry birds it's just as productive as your posts here.
    Raising this thread from the grave was worth it just for that quote.
    04-28-11 11:43 PM
    Really? A new tablet already!? Lets get the first PB running first! :P
    04-28-11 11:50 PM
    Really? A new tablet already!? Lets get the first PB running first! :P
    This thread is from a year ago, long before the PlayBook was announced.

Nothing to see here folks, move along....
    04-29-11 06:03 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD