PS - If you have read my post before you'll find that I've defended the PlayBook as a hardware masterpiece... It's the lack of ecosystem and apps.
    This is dead-on accurate...I love the PB and use it frequently but I don't see it catching mass-demand until the ecosystem is improved.
    rcm1301 likes this.
    09-24-12 11:33 PM
    You know what?! I'm just going to say it!!! This is such useless BS! Why can't RIM deliver?! Seriously? Sh*the or get off the pot. Every day without an update is just one more day of market share slipping away. BB10 needs to happen ASAP or the only countries using BlackBerry Anything will be 3zrd world countries.

Nothing new to be released in 2012... And they expect BB10 to save them?! Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

It's a damn shame too. The PlayBook has so much potential.

What's that? I do believe it's a Kindle Fire HD calling out to me...
    Ok then, have fun with that.
    Don't understand why people get all melodramatic like this. Not a happy consumer? Go buy something else
    09-25-12 12:02 AM
    I came to my Playbook this morning and Software Update Available.... it is 2.1.840, however it was only 1MB.

Nothing was changed or deleted to warrant the Software Update prematurely, so im thinking this came from RIM....

Can anyone confirmed they also got the Software Update on their PlayBook?
    09-25-12 08:42 AM
    I came to my Playbook this morning and Software Update Available.... it is 2.1.840, however it was only 1MB.

Nothing was changed or deleted to warrant the Software Update prematurely, so im thinking this came from RIM....

Can anyone confirmed they also got the Software Update on their PlayBook?
    This has been discussed many times. Search function may assist.
    09-25-12 08:44 AM
    Funny how the great US of A like to call everybody on their 'free speech' culture, but boy, that free speech better align with their own thoughts or they just say you can stuff it!
    BB_Phoenix likes this.
    09-25-12 09:11 AM
    I am really looking forward to the update as I hope it will fix my battery issues... but I stopped caring about OS releases right around the time when OS 2.0 was delayed 6 months. It just gets old after awhile.
    09-25-12 11:15 AM
    Funny how the great US of A like to call everybody on their 'free speech' culture, but boy, that free speech better align with their own thoughts or they just say you can stuff it!

Please afford the right to his remark as well.

Even though it was tasteless.

Timt

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    09-25-12 12:18 PM
    No love for PlayBook owners in the keynote. So disappointing.
    bay1902 and howarmat like this.
    09-25-12 12:45 PM
    No love for PlayBook owners in the keynote. So disappointing.
    Completely agree...whilst no-one knew, it was all speculation, it is still disappointing that there's no reference to a completed 2.1 in any way shape or form, or mention of the PB really at all!

Before others bash I know that we were just holding our breath, but seriously - to ignore it?!? I would have thought there'd have been something!

Now...do I upgrade to beta or not?
    09-25-12 12:51 PM
    Where is the official 2.1 OS?
    09-25-12 01:01 PM
    @rupam95 - no where to be seen!

But no shock there
    09-25-12 01:05 PM
    Just got an update noti for need for speed. This is a sign the update is indeed coming. For compatibility we should see a few apps with updates before the OS update. Ill be rst all night on my phones appworld I'm sure.
    I appreciate the heads up about the update for NFS. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. There was no notification to me other than in App World.
    09-25-12 02:22 PM
    I'm not convinced personally. Whilst I admit there are 'signs' - the Bug Reporter update app across most versions; update server being down across the weekend; NFS update; BBJam being on, demon tweets suggesting this, etc, the general lack of any reference to PB in the keynote & continued silence from RIM on the matter makes me think it will have to hang on for BB10.

Thor made it clear a while ago that it's "all hands on deck" with BB10, and clearly the keynote was centred on this (and why not, it does look great!). So with this in mind I 'suspect' it's all for nothing with 2.1 official. I hope i'm wrong, but my gut just says the ship has sailed & its all about BB10 now.

Just thankful the PB is in line for BB10 upgrade...when it eventually appears & how long after target date it emerges! lol
    09-25-12 02:31 PM
    2.1 is just a myth.
    09-25-12 06:07 PM
    2.1 is just a myth.
    Maybe one of the mathematicians can chime in - is 2.1 an Irrational Number?
    09-25-12 06:37 PM
    Maybe one of the mathematicians can chime in - is 2.1 an Irrational Number?
    Technically 2.1 is a rational number, it's just performing like an irrational number in terms of it never ending (well the wait that is!)
    FF22 likes this.
    09-26-12 05:55 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD