Wow just wow I really hope that they know that no release = a mob of folks fed up with RIM products. Please make this happen I'm in your corner but you guys need to fight too!!
    I agree let's do what they did in Los Angeles in 1994 and destroy our own stuff and get the Federal Government to pay for what we do to our own stuff. Burn all our RIM products and beat people down who are not BlackBerry users. Then we can blame our actions on the Apple users. Or we can just be upset here at CrackBerry. I'm with you either way.
    Kandoo-BB and BB_Bmore like this.
    09-24-12 03:22 PM
    Wow just wow I really hope that they know that no release = a mob of folks fed up with RIM products. Please make this happen I'm in your corner but you guys need to fight too!!
    Well its been proven scientifically that if our bodies are kept at 3 to 5% dehydration that we lose 30% of our brain power. Since Canadian's are very passive people and their food has more sodium in it than any other country in the world it's likely we are closer to 10% dehydrated all the time.

It's unlikely that we'll storm RIM as we'll probably not care.

American's are the same way these days, been dummed down (dehydrated) that the US Government can't get their own people to side with them over the issues that previously happened with the people who were angry over the guy who made the anti Muslim movie in the US and killed four American's.

So I double our friends from the south will rush over to RIM's HQ and make demands
    madman0141 and BB_Bmore like this.
    09-24-12 03:30 PM
    Okay I tried a different link and it's still there....DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT GUYS SHEESH!!
    BB_Phoenix likes this.
    09-24-12 03:34 PM
    Well its been proven scientifically that if our bodies are kept at 3 to 5% dehydration that we lose 30% of our brain power. Since Canadian's are very passive people and their food has more sodium in it than any other country in the world it's likely we are closer to 10% dehydrated all the time.

It's unlikely that we'll storm RIM as we'll probably not care.

American's are the same way these days, been dummed down (dehydrated) that the US Government can't get their own people to side with them over the issues that previously happened with the people who were angry over the guy who made the anti Muslim movie in the US and killed four American's.

So I double our friends from the south will rush over to RIM's HQ and make demands
    Funny I don't seem to care...You are very wise Chosen One
    09-24-12 03:41 PM
    Just got an update noti for need for speed. This is a sign the update is indeed coming. For compatibility we should see a few apps with updates before the OS update. Ill be rst all night on my phones appworld I'm sure.
    09-24-12 03:47 PM
    i dont care, i will update...cant get any worse for the damn tablet anyway. RIM has done everything that they can to kill it IMO
    Don't get me wrong I still believe that the PlayBook is a fantastic tablet, and use mine daily but these delays are killer. This thing need BB10 along with any apps and improvements it may bring to get others on board. I use mine every day and have found websites or side loads for most that I need but I know most consumers don't want that.
    09-24-12 03:56 PM
    Just got an update noti for need for speed. This is a sign the update is indeed coming. For compatibility we should see a few apps with updates before the OS update. Ill be rst all night on my phones appworld I'm sure.
    Don't apps and games get updated all the time? I know mine do. As much as I'd like to believe this means 2.1 is coming, I'll believe it when I see it.
    09-24-12 04:26 PM
    Yup they do and I could be wrong but since it's Rims job to maintenance NFS I concluded it was updated for compatibility reasons for 2.1

The dev beta is released so devs can test apps against it and here the beta has been out for months and NFS gets a small update the day before Bbjam. Just an observation but it looks to me like RIM is going down the checklist. We shall see.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it is RIM who maintains NFS no? I know they use to anyhow.
    09-24-12 05:13 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but it is RIM who maintains NFS no? I know they use to anyhow.
    No, they never "maintained" it, and never will.

NFS is an EA game and EA has NEVER shared th�orie code with anyone on any platforms...
    09-24-12 06:00 PM
    You're kidding, right? You're acting as if they've announced several confirmed dates, and subsequently canceled them. This is a message forum where people are giving opinions, pure opinions, none of this is fact. That's not only directed at you, but at the rest of you whining about the same thing.

They will release it when it's ready to be released. Stop being a bunch of babies. If you don't like the pace, then switch to iOS or andriod and complain about there update schedule.
    09-24-12 06:11 PM
    i dont care, i will update...cant get any worse for the damn tablet anyway. RIM has done everything that they can to kill it IMO
    Why are you a moderator on a BlackBerry forum?
    fanatical, vbev84 and THBW like this.
    09-24-12 06:13 PM
    Yes why are you a moderator, because it's obvious that Jesseh is a natural born leader telling people how to think and what to type and when they should choose another platform.

I'll be upset if 2.1 doesn't drop tomorrow too...should I "move on" or is it okay for me to think and feel what I want? How about it Jesseh???
    09-24-12 06:28 PM
    No, they never "maintained" it, and never will.

NFS is an EA game and EA has NEVER shared th�orie code with anyone on any platforms...

Ahhhh.. Thank you, so its Gameloft I'm thinking of? I remember when PlayBook was out not long after launch and some folks were trying to report bugs to EA ...erm ..Gameloft and they were being told by Gameloft that RIM has ported the app and it was up to them to submit updates.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    09-24-12 06:33 PM
    Either way, my playbook is fully charged and if an update comes tomorrow, then i will consider it a bonus for the day. I'm happy with my tablet but updates are always exciting.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    09-24-12 06:55 PM
    Either way, my playbook is fully charged and if an update comes tomorrow, then i will consider it a bonus for the day. I'm happy with my tablet but updates are always exciting.
    +1...

Bob
    09-24-12 07:48 PM
    Soooo I pressed check for updates for no reason other than to get bugged about 2.0.1 :P
    09-24-12 07:54 PM
    I love the tablet and the OS but, android has no security at all, root away same with ios and the device is so unstable too :| it makes me soo sad
    09-24-12 07:56 PM
    They will release it when it's ready to be released. Stop being a bunch of babies. If you don't like the pace, then switch to iOS or andriod and complain about there update schedule.
    With all due respect, it is this line of thinking that drives me insane. Of course, if people are not happy, they have every right to switch to another platform. And quite frankly, you'd have to be delusional to not recognize that that is exactly what has happened to the Playbook - people have switched because they were tired of waiting for anything of substantive quality to get released from RIM.

This waiting game, that you have espoused all of us to do, has utterly destroyed any chance of the Playbook from being successful; relegating it to nothing more than a niche product for a handful of consumers and ensuring it's position in future textbooks of business as one of the definitive examples of how not to launch/support a product.

I did switch to another platform for your exact reason although I still use, and prefer, my Playbook.

But I will continue to complain about RIM's failure to release updates in a timely fashion and for their failure to prove that they are capable of supporting the Playbook because I still believe in Blackberry; I still believe in the Playbook; and I still believe in RIM. I want RIM to succeed as I value what they bring to the table. And I am hoping that the more consumers complain, instead of bending over backwards and taking it as you have suggested, about the wait times, the message will eventually get through to RIM that in this day and age, the company needs to be much more faster in meeting the demands of consumers. Otherwise, as you said, consumers will go and continue to go elsewhere.
    09-24-12 08:10 PM
    No kidding. Let's review his thought process. Someone found an old RIM document from 3 months ago talking about OS2.1 in vague terms. It therefore means, it will be released tomorrow and if not then the PB is toast. Wow I can see the connection immediately.

Just ignore him. He has nothing to contribute other than snarky irrelevant comments.
    fanatical likes this.
    09-24-12 08:21 PM
    Talk about BS - you've "left" the PB for other platforms so often you must have whiplash! I can think of at least two instances where you supposedly put your PB up for sale - and now you expect the rest of the membership to take your posts seriously?!?!

Sorry but you just have no credibility anymore - at least not with me.
    I still have my PlayBook for sale and no one will buy it because they don't believe in RIM either. I don't really care what you or anyone else "takes serious"... I joined this Site to learn about RIM and the PlayBook and all I've seen is a bunch of nonsense.

Once again, I don't care about having credibility with you. While you sit here waiting for BB10 to save ya, ill be jamming along with a full tablet experience.

PS - If you have read my post before you'll find that I've defended the PlayBook as a hardware masterpiece... It's the lack of ecosystem and apps.
    09-24-12 08:56 PM
    I still have my PlayBook for sale and no one will buy it because they don't believe in RIM either. I don't really care what you or anyone else "takes serious"... I joined this Site to learn about RIM and the PlayBook and all I've seen is a bunch of nonsense.

Once again, I don't care about having credibility with you. While you sit here waiting for BB10 to save ya, ill be jamming along with a full tablet experience.

PS - If you have read my post before you'll find that I've defended the PlayBook as a hardware masterpiece... It's the lack of ecosystem and apps.
    Of course, you care about your creditibility. If you didn't why would you waste your time posting. Unless of course you are just trolling. Nice try but the bridge you require is down the road and to the left.
    09-24-12 09:06 PM
    Is there a written rule saying moderators can't have an opinion? Or are you just mad because it differs from yours? Suck it up buttercup.
    09-24-12 09:14 PM
    Like many here maybe, I've been around on many internet forums for a long while. The glue that holds forums like these together are due to the help and great assistance of the mods and admins that give their time to help things run smoothly. I have been admins before in other forums, and I have done some moderation, so it really is a thankless job, but no body is asking for thanks.

Similarly there is no excuse to lash out against moderators or admins that help give you an environment to have a forum in... Unacceptable forum conduct.

Furthermore, howarmat, is a well known CB mod who helps a great deal around here and no one needs to be questioning his ability or right to be a mod. He has opinions to and just because they do not align with yours that is absolutely no excuse to begin a bashing session.

To those individuals who have a general lack of respect for those who help this CrackBerry Nation Community along i strongly suggest re-reading [assuming you ever read] the CrackBerry Forum Rules & Policies

I would just like to say thank you to howarmat for his work here as a mod, and I would ask that anyone else that feels the same appreciation for our CrackBerry mods and admins that you let them know some way yourself.
    mikeo007, narci, Symeonify and 6 others like this.
    09-24-12 09:42 PM
    Opinions are important, differentiating the flow of ideas helps create a diverse environment for discussions.
    09-24-12 11:04 PM
    For a second there I thought I opened the wrong thread...
    09-24-12 11:22 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD