It was used by my daughter, could have been damaged by plugging in a wrong way. But the port should be designed for not being able to plug in upside down, as many other phones. RIM is just not up to the standard in term of customer services!
    I'm no fan of RIM but they didn't design the USB-Mini standard. You break it you buy it.
    duhoh likes this.
    09-23-12 06:34 PM
    In most of the broken micro usb stories I've read, the damage occurred in the first few days of ownership. The OP here has never indicated how long he -- excuse me, his daughter -- has owned the Playbook. All we have been told is that it is "under warranty".

I'm wondering how long the Playbook has been owned and repeatedly plugged in incorrectly. That could well be a factor in RIM's decision not to do a "good will" repair.
    09-23-12 09:10 PM
    If it don't fit don't force it. These days everything needs to be "fool" proof. God forbid some sort of common sense be used, or thought process.

While I understand the OP frustrations, when did not owning up to your mistakes become the norm?
    09-23-12 09:55 PM
    Did you break the camera yourself though?.......i just had a 4 year old Samsung tv fixed free of charge due to a known manufacturing issue which THEY told me about,i was willing to pay for it given the age of the tv.....your camera was probably fixed due to a known fault/problem,if you had dropped it and broken it i doubt it would have been fixed FOC.
    No I didn't break it and the fault was a mystery.

However, the point was that I had to prove reasonable use and argue that the device should have lasted longer.

Trading standards took my argument over that of Nikon.
    09-24-12 02:46 AM
104 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD