I've had my 64Gb PB since UK launch. All the reasons I bought it are still there. The size, the Bridge functionality, the free offfice apps, the slick GUI etc etc. But it's all just a bit dull after hours. With the exception of plugging in my HDMI cable and watching some movies it's boring me to death.

This became screamingly apparent a fortnight ago when I was in the US and was asked to pick up some Apple products for christmas presents and made an impulse buy on an 8Gb $199.00 i-pod touch. On the trip home I played some music on it but not much else preferring episodes of Californication on the Playbook for the flight back. Then I arrived home......

Within half an hour this little device had Spotify streaming my premium account's music to my Bluetooth Hi-Fi from my hands. I was playing Words With Friends at the same time, Skyped with my sister for a while, then I Facetimed a few friends who had I-phones (not just tablets) and also had the wonderful experience of seeing fun things on TV ads and finding there actually WAS an app for it....something that doesn't happen often in Playbook land. ios5 has removed most of the things I hated about my i-pad. The spellchecker now works well (it has one FFS!...) BB spellchecker on their phones is genius but still an epic fail on the Playbook.

Now before you all say 'go buy an i-pad and leave this forum' (a habit I wish some people would get treatment for as it's a discussion forum), I manage our company's 9 Blackberries overseen by my IT guy with BES Express, I understand important and unique points such as security, portability and so on and BB Bridge with no second subscription is wonderful but in the evening I look across at my Playbook and don't want to ask it to play out tonight. It's like a work colleague who is a genius but you don't want to hang around with after the office closes.

I travel a lot and I want one device to give me that without multiple chargers and pockets full of technology. I want the Playbook to be that device. It SOOOO can be but while we sit around waiting for our OS to be finished Apple are nicking all the good bits of the PB OS (pull down top bezel simulation is a clever rip off for starters and works well) and even I, one of the champions of the solid reliable well thought out world that is a Blackberry, am falling out of love with the device after 6pm. It's not that I love the teeny-weeny affordable i-pod and all the fun it brings me, it's that I'm sad I can't have fun with my Playbook.

Just because we chose to base our tablet around work doesn't mean we're emailing in bed at midnight. Please sprinkle some fun on the PB RIM, even if it's via Android Apps. Every day that highly requested (essential?) things like bluetooth streaming and Skype are missing is another day that ios5 is capitalising on what it already has while stealing everything that it hasn't and you're losing friends and ambassadors in the process.....even those who feel like their having an affair by doing so.
    11-11-11 06:34 AM
    Plus one. Well said.
    11-11-11 06:56 AM
    To the OP.. we all who love PB feel the same when it comes to not been able to skype and use bluetooth headsets..... we are all hoping that come Feb these things will be addressed. So, now the only choice left is having to wait......
    Last edited by anindoc; 11-11-11 at 08:37 AM.
    11-11-11 07:01 AM
    Just goes to show perspective from different people. Many complain because there isn't enough business apps for it and too many games and others say they want more fun.

Go figure. I just want it finished or as finished as anything gets which would bring all of those things.
    11-11-11 07:20 AM
    As for the moment of this writing RIMM is worth 17.58 / share while it was 69.69 back in February 17 this year.

This proves that something has to happen. They have to make people like you happy and motivate non PB users to buy the PB.

I really worry about RIMM. I love their products and will likely use them as long as RIMM is around, but MY GOD, they have to move and step back into their innovation-shoes.
    jimbo_hippo, kaulds, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    11-11-11 07:20 AM
    It's like a work colleague who is a genius but you don't want to hang around with after the office closes.
    LoL .. Best quote in a while

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    clif88 likes this.
    11-11-11 07:36 AM
    I'd like to disagree with the title.

By fun I got that you meant games and recently they've been coming out at more than a fair rate.

But your definition of fun seems to be what I'd class as essential apps. So by that definition yeah, I would like what you would like.
    11-11-11 08:01 AM
    For the record I would still like to see more business apps but with it's full fat browser and tie-in with my 9900 it's working for business OK. Always room for improvement but I find the device useful through the day with Evernote, contacts, diary etc. and replying to emails on the move etc.

I also don't really game unless you call Scrabble gaming. I just think that for a man who has been to Dubai, Orlando and Paris in the last 2 months and works away a lot, being able to communicate with family and friends and stream music to my Parrot carkit all make the bit's outside work more pleasurable. At the moment the PB just doesn't deliver on this level at all and I have a bag full of devices that do different jobs. To make it worse I now have Spotify on my 9900 but I daren't use it since the battery is already seriously under-specced so a dead phone at 3pm isn't useful for a businessman. Just put it on the Playbook please!
    11-11-11 09:22 AM
    Ok so get playbook for work, an ipad for after 6 PM - problem solved.

If you bought it only as an entertainment device, and something to correct your spelling - you may have made the wrong choice.
    However, I'm having a blast with my playbook. The whole WWW anywhere you are and you can't find anything entertaining? Personally , I cant find enough time to do all I could do with it.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-11-11 at 10:52 AM.
    11-11-11 10:48 AM
    I'm hearing a lot about getting skype on the Playbook and certain other apps which would complete this unit for a lot of people. RIM certainly hasn't done itself any favours by how his device was marketed, but we have to accept where current reality is at. Skype, netflix and all those other guys are quite happy ensuring that their products never reach the Playbook. So unless the Android apps ports with full functionality, or RIM moves into dangerous litigation by ripping off their products, we must accept at this time that they are competition, not potential partners.

I can understand the frustration (still waiting on full dlna compliance here) but until the market share is turned around and we are beating many android tabs in sales, these companies will not deal with RIM.
    11-11-11 03:37 PM
    Ok so get playbook for work, an ipad for after 6 PM - problem solved.

If you bought it only as an entertainment device, and something to correct your spelling - you may have made the wrong choice.
    However, I'm having a blast with my playbook. The whole WWW anywhere you are and you can't find anything entertaining? Personally , I cant find enough time to do all I could do with it.
    Well the problem is a LOT of people bought it for what they were told it was going to be and that tablet, like it or not, doesnt exist. So many people laughed at the xoom barely selling 200,000 units and forcing motorola to stop orders for new ones... then RIM barely did better and had to likewise quit ordering new ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 10:43 PM
    I totally agree I purchased my 64gig baby on UK launch day and like most people would agree potentialy the playbook has the all you could want in a tablet if only RIM would first stop making broken promises and just keep their customers abreast of things in the pipline ..most of us suffer from the cheque is in the mail syndrome ..but in the meanwhile try downloading and using the latest beta Os 2.0 beleive it or not it works quite well streaming radio browse using Dolphin HD browser and numerous other things ..should keep most of us busy till the official release comes ok.
    11-12-11 03:02 PM
    Here are a couple of examples of some "fun" in my book. (But not my PlayBook, unfortunately.)

IK Multimedia
    and

How cool are these things? Never likely to see them on a BB or a PB though.
    11-12-11 04:25 PM
    well at least tbose videos played really well on the pb even though those apps will never be offered for it.
    11-12-11 05:07 PM
    fun aside.the usb charger is a joke.it died out months in.
    11-12-11 06:20 PM
    Amazon bringing 400 magazines, newspapers, flame retardants to Kindle Fire -- Engadget

wonder why no magazine apps like zinio. look what kindle got. a real PLAY book. not even a TAPATALK in a pb!!!
    11-12-11 07:35 PM
    If RIM packed any more fun into PB, I'd never leave the house.

Or something like that, bridge and all...
    11-12-11 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD