there r already so many new tablet pcs being released... wheres the playbook??? RIM is missing out the holiday season sales!!!!! come on... you guys are so slow!!!
    11-30-10 02:18 AM
    I agree but I'd rather see a rock solid pb from rim rather than one that will need a software update to fix bugs if its rushed. I have read on here the delay is from rim switching to a dual core processor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 03:35 AM
    Well, I have to admit that I want them to hurry too, but the same thing the guy above me said, I don't want them to rush on the PlayBook. I want them to focus on creating a revolutionary tablet that will make the world turn!

11-30-10 05:18 AM
    they said it`ll be out Q1 2011, so im not sure what your expecting??
    11-30-10 06:27 AM
    I check almost everyday looking for something new about the playbook. I already told my wife I'm taking the night off of work and going to be in line at best buy or where ever they will be sold. I don't think the hype will be that big though.

11-30-10 06:39 AM
    It's on my Birthday list (April). I just need to wait.
    11-30-10 08:16 AM
    there r already so many new tablet pcs being released... wheres the playbook??? RIM is missing out the holiday season sales!!!!! come on... you guys are so slow!!!
    and you are so anxious!
    11-30-10 09:15 AM
    The last thing we need is a rushed product. It doesn't matter how good it is with updates, if the initial release is buggy then the reviews will say it's buggy and it will never recover from this. The Torch has become an internet punching bag, used as an example of fail. I have a Torch and I love it, but only after the software updates. The AT&T release software really was fail. RIM only has one chance for QNX to be new and exciting, they had better not blow it with buggy rushed software.
    11-30-10 11:18 AM
    what they should have done is been prepared for this earlier and given themselves enough time to get a good product to market and still do it for the holiday sales. I agree that they need to get the thing out the door with no problems, but the fact is that they knew they were doing this for at least a year. No major platform comes into being in less than a year. There was a lot of planning on what to release and how it should perform, but not much thought put into the marketing of it. RIM is reminding me a lot of Atari. They put out good products, but always seemed to be playing catch-up with the competition (namely apple) and had a poor marketing team.
    11-30-10 12:27 PM
    what they should have done is been prepared for this earlier and given themselves enough time to get a good product to market and still do it for the holiday sales. I agree that they need to get the thing out the door with no problems, but the fact is that they knew they were doing this for at least a year. No major platform comes into being in less than a year. There was a lot of planning on what to release and how it should perform, but not much thought put into the marketing of it. RIM is reminding me a lot of Atari. They put out good products, but always seemed to be playing catch-up with the competition (namely apple) and had a poor marketing team.
    Apple has been poaching RIM's enterprise sales people. DUH! THAT is the MARKETING PEOPLE. You were saying?
    11-30-10 12:49 PM
    Apple has been poaching RIM's enterprise sales people. DUH! THAT is the MARKETING PEOPLE. You were saying?
    RIM got rid of their bad apples to Apple. That's what he was saying.
    11-30-10 12:52 PM
    Do you think my wife will be satisfied if I clip out a pic of the Playbook and put it in a box, wrap it up nicely with a beautiful bow and give it to her this Christmas with the promise to get her the one she wants when it comes out?
    11-30-10 01:01 PM
    RIM got rid of their bad apples to Apple. That's what he was saying.
    So now you are saying that Apple, in their "stupidity", hired rejects from RIM?? Right.... I've got a bridge I need to unload--care to make a bid on it?
    11-30-10 01:02 PM
    Honestly, I could not care less about this device. I already have a tablet that is not
    tied to a proprietary OS and is full featured so the PlayBook (dumbest name RIM
    could have chosen) is a huge yawn for me.
    11-30-10 01:05 PM
    Honestly, I could not care less about this device. I already have a tablet that is not
    oh god, here we go AGAIN!! You and the naming of the PB! You wanted it to be something even more tasteless than "iPad". IIRC, you want it to be named "BlackPad". ie, a used iPad...
    11-30-10 01:12 PM
    oh god, here we go AGAIN!! You and the naming of the PB! You wanted it to be something even more tasteless than "iPad". IIRC, you want it to be named "BlackPad". ie, a used iPad...
    ...Or BerryPad, or Blackberry Diaper.
    11-30-10 01:44 PM
    could have chosen)
    is a huge yawn for me.
    what are you talking about? their approach that it's a professional tablet is perfectly shown in the business term "playbook". i can't believe they thought of such a good name. better than bPad or anything with Pad in it.

Ever seen this?

11-30-10 02:05 PM
    Take your time RIM, we font want to see another ipad
    11-30-10 02:34 PM
    Hey, I think that ''PlayBook'' is a good name for RIM's new tablet. And how do you know this ''PlayBook'' won't be full featured???

11-30-10 03:15 PM
    what they should have done is been prepared for this earlier and given themselves enough time to get a good product to market and still do it for the holiday sales.
    RIM only bought QNX in March. It takes time to do this sort of thing. There was a mention that RIM and QNX had been working together for a year, which suggests RIM started looking at alternatives to BB OS almost 18 months ago, around the first beta releases of OS 5. I don't think at that point it was realistic for them to start a month earlier so they could make Christmas for the PlayBook. That was almost a year before Apple announced the iPad, RIM probably had no intention of making a tablet. The market has changed since then, and they're responding fairly quickly. They've been left out of this generation of tablets but that's okay. The Galaxy Tab will be looking very old and very under powered in about 3 months, while the PlayBook has real next-gen specs. That itself is another reason they can't ship for Christmas, no processors with their specs are ready to go yet.
    11-30-10 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD