that's actually a rather good idea. maybe a sticky in this forum as a first step?

hey, who knows? maybe amazon.com finished their kindle implementation months ago. maybe they're still waiting for approval, too.
    Go start that thread straight away if it hasn't been done already! I wouldn't be surprised if the Kindle app wasn't subjected to similar, idiotic treatment.
    07-18-11 02:53 PM
    Go start that thread straight away if it hasn't been done already! I wouldn't be surprised if the Kindle app wasn't subjected to similar, idiotic treatment.
    done.

-- eldee
    07-18-11 07:06 PM
    any news now?

now i'm just typing nonsense so that i meet the minimum length requirement.
    07-27-11 11:16 AM
    I haven't gone through the whole thread but is this because they want everyone on BBM with no competition? I could use IM+ I guess, but I would hate typing on the stupid virtual keyboard for stuff like messaging...easier on the phone...
    07-27-11 02:05 PM
    This is insanity on the part of RIM. They have a developer with a support for Blackberry that frankly reading the articles in teh press is getting harder and harder to come by. There are no apps from Blackberry that compete in any way to what IM+ offers. Sure BBM but it kind of cuts you off if you dont have a BB.

I can get by without IM+ but how long before Shape decide to ditch the PB?
    The fact there is not even an MSN available is also quite shocking.

I have no idea what RIM are thinking at the minute. Although on the + the PB is getting a more complete device with each update.
    07-27-11 03:03 PM
    iPhone5 and counting!
    07-27-11 08:36 PM
    I just wanted to bring this back centerstage, maybe another frontpage article by the guys of crackberry might get this thing moving. Here is a link from implus on twitter im-possible: RIM: Silence of the Lambs
    Now I know with all the layoffs things are RIM might be getting hectic, but they need to communicate this information instead of leaving people hanging
    08-20-11 06:39 AM
    I just wanted to bring this back centerstage, maybe another frontpage article by the guys of crackberry might get this thing moving. Here is a link from implus on twitter im-possible: RIM: Silence of the Lambs
    Now I know with all the layoffs things are RIM might be getting hectic, but they need to communicate this information instead of leaving people hanging
    08-20-11 06:40 AM
    Would be nice if the developer would release a .bar for this so we can sideload. Just saying.
    10-19-11 02:40 PM
    it would be nice if they could get paid for their hard work too though
    10-19-11 06:11 PM
    Thought I'd give everyone one more update. I just got word from my contact in Shape that they had a good conversation with Alec Saunders yesterday. He had time, finally, now that DevCon was over and done for the time being. My contact told me that the issues have been resolved, IM+ for Playbook has been approved, and it should appear in App World on this coming Monday! Everyone keep your fingers crossed that this proves to be the case!

And a big thank you to Alex Saunders for replying to my tweets and making something happen!
    10-28-11 01:36 PM
    Thought I'd give everyone one more update. I just got word from my contact in Shape that they had a good conversation with Alec Saunders yesterday. He had time, finally, now that DevCon was over and done for the time being. My contact told me that the issues have been resolved, IM+ for Playbook has been approved, and it should appear in App World on this coming Monday! Everyone keep your fingers crossed that this proves to be the case!

And a big thank you to Alex Saunders for replying to my tweets and making something happen!
    In Saunders we trust .
    Watching him @ DevCon was the breeze I needed. If facts goes accordingly ... it's a very positive sign.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    10-28-11 01:41 PM

Potential good news to end the work week. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 03:43 PM
    Thank You Mr. Saunders. One of the things I wanted way more then native email, pim, contacts and even the typing functions.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    10-28-11 04:17 PM
    Wow, real change...at RIM? I would love to know why these guys were stuck in limbo that a VP had to step in and solve a development issue.
    10-28-11 04:19 PM
    Man, it's about time... I sure hope we see IM+ next week
    10-28-11 04:27 PM
    Any insight as to what the delay was? I'm curious to know what it was...
    10-28-11 05:08 PM
    REALLLY??? does that mean....skype call from PB!?!??!?!?!?
    10-28-11 05:26 PM
    Man, it's about time... I sure hope we see IM+ next week
    Will it be native IM+? If so, that would be awesome?
    10-28-11 05:31 PM
    REALLLY??? does that mean....skype call from PB!?!??!?!?!?
    I don't know if the Playbook version is going to be different from the Android version, but in Android IM+ you can't make Skype calls. Only texting
    10-28-11 05:48 PM
    ohh. no video chat
    10-28-11 05:52 PM

I hate being pessimistic and I certainly do not mean the question what you have been told from your contact, but this is not the first time to which its been reported that IM+ had worked out its issues with RIM and/or RIM had worked out its issues with IM+.

I certainly hope that this ends up being true.
    10-28-11 10:34 PM
    It does and it doesn't as RIM has made no announcement in the area
    of IMs other then BBM, which many do not use.

Tim

Not just that, but the fact that BBM isn't coming to the playbook any time soon, not even in Feb! Wtf?
    10-29-11 12:39 AM
173 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD