So, my Playbook has a fault, the speakers have a buzz to them which comes from a loose connection. So I sent a very nice email on 10th January to PlayBook Support - English [playbooksupport@blackberry.com] to cash in on my "Super Duper 90 Day Support", and explaining my problem in very good detail. No response.

So I send another reminder a week later on 17th January, asking why this was taking so long. No reply.

So I sent a final email a couple of days ago, over 10 days later, and finally got a response:

--------------------------------

Hello Richard,

Regarding this case I will be the agent who will be handle this ticket, please can you explain to me better exactly what happen with your

PlayBook to know wich exact procedures I can follow to resolve your request.

Regards.

--------------------------------

NOTHING has been blanked out of that email... yes, someone did actually send me a reply with:

1) No apology for the extreme lateness of the badly-written reply, or the fact I had to chase twice.
    2) No history in the email, no sign of my original query to refer to below. The guy just asked me to repeat my problem, despite me attaching it to every email.
    3) No email signature or name below the "Regards," so that I even know who I am speaking to or dealing with here.

Is this typical of RIM support, and what other people can expect to receive now that they have invested in the troubled RIM? A half-assed, and almost month-late reply that not only fails to deal with any part of my original response, and not only that, but lacks even the basic elements of customer service, as though this were some Ebay or Amazon seller?

I must say, this is appalling customer service, has anyone else experienced similar? Also, does anyone have any advice who to direct a complaint to at RII that has a chance of listening and taking action? I of course replied to this email as I want my PB fixed, but RIM need to know how bad their service is.
    Last edited by Richdog-; 01-31-12 at 01:49 AM.
    01-31-12 01:44 AM
    99% chance it is outsourced...better off calling them.

What they are going to do:
    Hard Reset
    Software Reload
    RMA

If you get a nifty tech, they may even have you test it with different types of media just to make sure.
    01-31-12 01:48 AM
    Sorry you had such a bad experience, but I must say that my own -- a few months ago when my Playbook stopped holding a charge -- was top notch. Although it was obvious the techs were outside of the USA, they spoke English just fine and made a thorough effort to resolve my issue. When it failed, I had a brand new Playbook delivered to me in less than a week.
    01-31-12 02:09 AM
    They were great in my case. My bridge browser icon went missing after an overseas trip. the case was bumped to high level, i even got to speak with Canadian techies, who diligently worked on the problem over a few days, and solved it.
    i did not initiate via email however, i called...
    01-31-12 03:57 AM
    I had to do a warranty claim on my Playbook for a bad HDMI port and I made the call to support and got a very friendly rep who asked me to do a wipe first and I explained to him I had tried that twice already so he immediately got me over to the RMA department to get the warranty out. Was a very pleasant experience with shipping device back on a Tuesday I had it back the following Monday. I would have had it back on Friday if I had started the process on Monday.
    01-31-12 04:02 AM
    Calling them is a lot better than emailing. I've never attempted to contact them via email, and the one time I did have to use the 90 day free support, RIM was great, sent me a box the next day, and within 2 days, I received a brand new PlayBook, complete with a raised power button (since many had complained about how it was recessed so deeply).

Sounds like your experience was "absolutely terrible," but don't label all their customer service as such before at least placing a phone call...
    01-31-12 04:11 AM
    Playbook support is outsourced to Sutherland in Windsor, On where they like to hire all the poor people for a less than livable wage despite RIM paying a fair outsource price to them.

If I remember correctly the reason RIM outsourced was because their Hammonds Plains, NS office is in short supply of hire candidates.
    01-31-12 06:40 AM
    Call them.

I have been in contact with their PlayBook customer support on three occasions. It was quick, efficient and a great experience which I hardly get for calling other companies for product support.

In this day and age, emails may be the norm, but it is sometimes better to simply call.
    01-31-12 08:28 AM
    I keep hearing this over and over. I have called them 2 or 3 times now, and each and every time it has been nothing but a great experience for me. The customer reps I spoke with each time was very helpful and friendly, and when they didn't have an answer then, they would find. A few times they even had to call me back with the answers. I have no complaints about RIM's Playbook or Phone customer support.

I am sorry you and so many others have had such issues in dealing with them.
    01-31-12 08:34 AM
    I called the toll free number when I first purchased my PB and the help I got was superb.

OP: How the heck is that absolutely terrible service? Did they tell you to go to ? Did they say they weren't going to help you? Perhaps you should have spent a few minutes CALLING them instead of writing this ridiculous post. In fact, if you go to their PB website, they ask that you CALL them for support.
    01-31-12 09:18 AM
    I called the toll free number when I first purchased my PB and the help I got was superb.

OP: How the heck is that absolutely terrible service? Did they tell you to go to ? Did they say they weren't going to help you? Perhaps you should have spent a few minutes CALLING them instead of writing this ridiculous post. In fact, if you go to their PB website, they ask that you CALL them for support.
    How is it terrible service? At the risk of pointing out the obvious, I think I made it pretty clear in my post (3 points) why I thought it was bad customer service. Sorry to offend any spittle-drooling RIM fanatics here who feel the need to defend them at every opportunity as soon as anything negative is said about them, but that is poor by any measure.

Why haven't I called yet? I work stupid effing hours and am cut off from everything but email and interwebs for the vast majority of the day (no phones allowed)... and have been away every weekend. If I am given an email address and told that it will give me service then I will expect service from that email address when I mail it... i don't think it gets any more basic than that.
    Last edited by Richdog-; 01-31-12 at 12:33 PM.
    01-31-12 12:26 PM
    You are lucky you got service via the email address. Typically if there is not a support case number in the email subject, it will bounce back from Rim with a note pointing to the support options.

In regards to the buzz in the speakers, there was a post here over the summer where a sound engineer was having a problem and in the end he traced it to the sampling rate of the audio files he was playing. You might check into this if your problem isn't obviously a loose wire.
    01-31-12 12:53 PM
    You are lucky you got service via the email address. Typically if there is not a support case number in the email subject, it will bounce back from Rim with a note pointing to the support options.

In regards to the buzz in the speakers, there was a post here over the summer where a sound engineer was having a problem and in the end he traced it to the sampling rate of the audio files he was playing. You might check into this if your problem isn't obviously a loose wire.
    Hi rob,

I quoted the case number in both of my replies (well, forwards of the confirmation email i got which had the required info as described by support) exactly as instructed (I used to work in tech support, im meticulous like that), so I was certainly not at fault there.

As for the sampling, all I have is 320kb MP3's, and the buzzing is most certainly hardware, not software (ie nothing to do with sound quality... it is a physical buzz caused by distortion at high volumes). Im a bit of an audiophile so have an ear for it.
    Last edited by Richdog-; 01-31-12 at 01:46 PM.
    01-31-12 01:35 PM
    Here is one of the threads regarding clicking in audio. I think the original thread may have been in June or July, but I can't find it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...noises-659895/
    01-31-12 02:17 PM
    Three emails? Do you still write letters to people? Just call them they have the best customer service ever! My power charging cord wouldn't stay in the socket so I called and a replacement is on the way, no problems. This post almost seems fake, but I could be wrong.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    01-31-12 02:28 PM
    Three emails? Do you still write letters to people? Just call them they have the best customer service ever! My power charging cord wouldn't stay in the socket so I called and a replacement is on the way, no problems. This post almost seems fake, but I could be wrong.
    You're not only wrong, but also mind-numbingly dense for not fully reading a thread before posting nonsense.
    01-31-12 02:56 PM
    Whatever... it's not my fault you don't know how to be a consumer! Seems like everyone wants to bash RIM, so maybe I judged you to harshly. Again no one tries to solve such detail customer service issues using email, sorry you still live in the dark ages pal! lmao
    01-31-12 04:21 PM
    Seems like everyone wants to bash RIM, so maybe I judged you to harshly.
    Very true. It's funny how RIM has one small problem and it's all over the news and stock news (which they can't even get there speling in the modern age of spell check lol) Yet anytime Apple screws up it is quietly brushed under the rug.

Examples are, Every OS update 10's of millions of people sleep in from the alarm not working, OS 4.0 had such massive battery drain I could go to bed on a 100% charge and wake to it dead in 7 hours while on sleep mode. BTW Apple "Engineers" had me install a custom app for logging and they told me it was normal drain including my battery draining 5% after writing a 1 sentence email?!?!?! Oh and since the last update I cannot reply to an email otherwise the app will crash when I hit send. I must create a new email just to respond!!! Also if I call a number and have to dial an ext # the phone app crashes and I just lost minutes on my plan

On top of all that I could name a hundred annoyances that make it a pain in the setting up, synching etc. etc. iTunes for Windows might be the biggest POS ever made, 9/10x it stops responding or crashes LMAO!!!

Anyhow at least my contract is up just in time for the BB10 I can ditch Bell too
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-31-12 05:23 PM
    Whatever... it's not my fault you don't know how to be a consumer! Seems like everyone wants to bash RIM, so maybe I judged you to harshly. Again no one tries to solve such detail customer service issues using email, sorry you still live in the dark ages pal! lmao
    Ahh, so so judging from the post maturity and post content you're a 16 year old troll. Suddenly now all is clear.
    02-01-12 01:17 AM
    Sorry you're having a problem Rich. You are right that the email thing could be better. Thing is though that for most call centers, email is still not dealt with in real time. It piles up and somebody deals with it ad hoc.
    A phone call is quite the opposite. It is more often than not dealt with in real time. Once you get that tech on the line questions and answers flow back and forth in real time. Use the phone for what it was intended. Call them. It's the best way to get what you want.
    I had to call them twice. I got what I needed right away. Phones ROCK!
    Richdog- likes this.
    02-01-12 01:36 AM
    To the OP : where are your living ? (not stated in your profile)
    To F2: once answered, you may help
    02-01-12 03:39 AM
    Apparently, their phone support have very long hours including weekends so you could try finding some time to do it that way. I've only dealt with them over their Rapid Charger and was satisfied after they investigated. I am not defending their email support. There I've only dealt with appworld initially by email and that resulted in a fast return email and phone number to call and a quick refund.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805
    Richdog- and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-01-12 09:01 AM
    Yes I also contacted them... Gave them several numbers and they kept saying they can't get through lol
    02-01-12 09:14 AM
    Ahh, so so judging from the post maturity and post content you're a 16 year old troll. Suddenly now all is clear.
    Uh oh... somebody's got a frowny face. Dude relax...
    02-01-12 09:24 AM
    I always call them.

I had awesome service so far calling from canada and even got an advanced RMA outside of the 90 day window.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-01-12 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD