Remember the Laserdisc for movies?
    Attachment 129507
    Laserdisc compared to a DVD.
    Those things were ridiculous haha. I can't believe the manufacturer of those things ever thought that would catch on.
    12-26-12 11:56 AM
    mini disc is the bomb---still use mine--i have a home recorder unit -i love it--sony owes me nothing
    Well I actually still use mine too. But finding the disks is getting limited to online buying only.
    12-26-12 11:58 AM
    You paid $400 for the chance to be the FIRST to use the Playbook, while the rest of us had to wait at least 6 months to buy one during a sale because we wanted one too but couldn't afford it.

I bought my Playbook 16gb for $199 in November 2011. I haven't put it down for more than a day. I've milked every penny out of it. Best value ever.

My friends just picked up Playbook 32gb for $118 in November 2012. They paid almost half for double the memory. They are enjoying a better OS and even more apps from day one of ownership than last year when I got mine... I had to wait for it.

Beauty is, this is THE SAME hardware and it goes to show that a year later and it is still going strong and poised to strengthen even more once BB10 is ported to it.

So back when you purchased a $400 Playbook you received a device that has been improved and lasted for almost 2 years now, you should compound that cost into the equation.

RIM owes you nothing. They did not force you to buy it. But I do want to THANK YOU for being an Early Adopter because without you and others that supported the Playbook from DAY ZERO, things could have been different.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    12-26-12 12:22 PM
    every BB phone user was a potential PB customer, but RIM did such a lousy job to work with the phone carrier to sell them in a bundle
    I never received from T-Mobile USA or from RIM any email offering me the PB as bundle for a special price
    no carrier in the US offered the PB, even the rumor that print will offer the LTE version died
    so how the **** did RIM expect to sell a tablet with had no native email, and had to be linked to a BB phone, and not get the US phone carriers involved
    plus selling a 7 inch tablet for the same price as a 10 inch Apple or Android, what were they thinking?
    they should have given it away for half price to all BB7 user to get a base
    look what Amazon did with the first kindle ...................... they gave it away
    I paid $499 at Laborday weekend 2011, down from $699 plus a had some Staples rewards and credit, so I have only to pay about $400
    But I still think RIM owns me something, like a voucher for the next BB10 phone, a lot of us overpaid for our PB and we never got a letter from RIM
    with the new BB10 coming out with new phones, BB owes us some kind reward for the early adapter
    Let me guess...you find yourself in agreement with the occupy wallstreet crowd?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    12-26-12 12:42 PM
    hreiner1...

Expect my invoice for having to suffer through reading this thread.
    12-26-12 02:12 PM
55 123