lovely thread this.....you owe CB nation something...an apology for writing this crap. I owe myself an apology for reading and commenting...
    12-25-12 02:10 PM
    As the saying goes, "It's no use crying over spilled milk"....RIM does not owe anybody anything. You made the decision to spend the 400. With all the improvements since you bought it, you should be happy, it is a great tablet.
    BergerKing and Leopard78OL like this.
    12-25-12 02:17 PM
    I paid full price and I owe RIM a big thank you for offering a great product. I have relied on this tablet every day since 2011 and it has made my life easier.
    12-25-12 03:11 PM
    I bought my PlayBook a few months after it came out and paid what they were originally going for only to see the price get slashed a few months later. Yes I was irked, but I didn't think that RIM owed me anything as a result. I'm kicking myself not for overpaying for it, but for not picking up a 64 GB PlayBook at a really great price from Office Depot not too long ago.. If there's a group of people that should be pissed, it's the folks who bought one prior to OS2 and were essentially beta testers for RIM and waited far too long for the tablet to finally deliver what had been originally promised. Look on the bright side, you could have been one of those folks that bought the HP TouchPad when it first came out only to see it slashed in price dramatically barely a month after its' introduction.

As the saying goes, "let the buyer beware".
    12-25-12 04:53 PM
    Well if RIM owes you something then Palm definitely owes me something I used Palm OS devices up until my Treo 700P. I feel very screwed they went out of business and no longer support my LifeDrive, which by the way I still use. So You little whiner suck it up and get behind me until HP reinstates the Palm brand name and supports all their old products. FYI I used a storm for over 4 years and only stopped using it because my contract came to an end and I decided I had given Verizon enough of my hard earned money. So I will wait to see what BB10 does and this time I have a test bed with my Playbook. I have two money well spent.
    12-25-12 06:24 PM
    RIM can't afford to make it up to all the STORM and PLAYBOOK owners they have failed. But I think the STORM is the start of RIM lost the respect as a leading tech company.
    I owned the Storm (until it was recently thrown down an escalator (don't worry, the person responsable paid )) and I own the Playbook... in fact I've just given another one to my parents for Christmas....
    Although not the greatest phone ever, I still liked the Storm (in a weird "3 legged dog" kind of way). It did (for me) the job that I asked it to, and I was still peeved when it was broken (despite not having used it for 2 years).
    My Playbook, despite not having several important apps when I bought it [FULL PRICE] it did exactly what I knew it would do because I looked stuff up before going and buying it.
    My parents are THRILLED with their Playbook, in fact my Dad's getting a bit annoyed because my Mum hasn't put it down long enough yet for him to have a go, I may have to get another one.

Point being, for those who learnt about the different devices before purchase, they knew what they were getting and a what price, so they have no real reason to whine. Yes, it would have been nice to pay for mine what I paid for my parents, but I knew what I was getting and have had a lot of very good use out of my Playbook.
    For those who didn't bother doing their homework before purchase, they've only got themselves to blame, NOT RIM!

Si.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-25-12 07:49 PM
    I'm not even reading past the first couple lines of this OP's post - RIM owes you nothing. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.
    12-25-12 08:44 PM
    I'm not even reading past the first couple lines of this OP's post - RIM owes you nothing. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.
    Not true, RIM owes me whatever comes in the box of the product I purchased.
    jstarett and BergerKing like this.
    12-25-12 08:46 PM
    Wonder if I can collect a lil' somethin somethin from these guys......

axllebeer, Engire and BergerKing like this.
    12-25-12 10:59 PM
    Wonder if I can collect a lil' somethin somethin from these guys......

http://stevekeifer.files.wordpress.c...betamax-ad.jpg
    Haha. Now THAT is great

Me too, me too!

Still waiting for a refund for my minidisc player...
    Attached Thumbnails RIM owes me something ................ make it up-image.jpg   RIM owes me something ................ make it up-image.jpg  
    BergerKing and Engire like this.
    12-25-12 11:04 PM
    Sony has some splainin to do!
    Engire likes this.
    12-25-12 11:08 PM
    For the OP...

RIM owes me something ................ make it up-download.jpg
    12-26-12 02:56 AM
    Didn't RIM promise an update to PB that would fill in all the missing features within months of release? I recall something like that. They obviously didn't make good on that promise. If someone bought the PB based on that promise, perhaps RIM does owe the early adopter something. Then again, anybody who believes the promises a corporation makes is just asking to be let down, so perhaps the OP should just chalk this up to a learning experience.
    12-26-12 03:16 AM
    what really ticked me off was how they photoshopped an image of skype and other apps onto the pb as part of their promotional material. that is outright low and you can't deny that people will rely on such marketing material to make a decision on their purchase. it's was definitely one of the biggest reasons why i purchased the pb on launch day given that i was unable to skype on my then 9700

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-26-12 03:49 AM
    bb10 on the playbook would be lovely!!!
    12-26-12 05:16 AM
    bb10 on the playbook would be lovely!!!
    I'll just correct that for you...

bb10 on the playbook WILL be lovely!!!

There you go

Si.
    BigBadWulf and pmccartney like this.
    12-26-12 05:33 AM
    Remember the Laserdisc for movies?
    RIM owes me something ................ make it up-320px-lddvdcomparison-mod.png
    Laserdisc compared to a DVD.
    BergerKing, Engire and axllebeer like this.
    12-26-12 06:10 AM
    Didn't RIM promise an update to PB that would fill in all the missing features within months of release? I recall something like that. They obviously didn't make good on that promise. If someone bought the PB based on that promise, perhaps RIM does owe the early adopter something. Then again, anybody who believes the promises a corporation makes is just asking to be let down, so perhaps the OP should just chalk this up to a learning experience.
    I've received every update Rim promised.
    pmccartney likes this.
    12-26-12 08:30 AM
    what really ticked me off was how they photoshopped an image of skype and other apps onto the pb as part of their promotional material. that is outright low and you can't deny that people will rely on such marketing material to make a decision on their purchase. it's was definitely one of the biggest reasons why i purchased the pb on launch day given that i was unable to skype on my then 9700

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Did they never saw that one
    12-26-12 08:32 AM
    OP should post the picture of the sales person with the gun to his head.....
    12-26-12 08:45 AM
    mini disc is the bomb---still use mine--i have a home recorder unit -i love it--sony owes me nothing
    12-26-12 09:03 AM
    So do you also cry to the car dealer when you buy a new car and then 1. they either drop the price for the new models? ....or 2. the new model comes out at the price you paid for the previous years model but has more features? While it is unfortunate that you feel "cheated", there isn't a guarantee that the price won't change when you buy anything...especially something in such a rapidly changing industry as consumer electronics. Just be thankful that you have a solid piece of hardware that RIM continues to support.

Ps. Just so you know, I paid full price for my original PlayBook and bought 5 others as well (obviously not at full price).
    actually I think its not a bad idea. I don't own a bb phone but I wouldn't mind if people who do get something atleast like a cupon for 10% off or something. car dealerships do offer promotions like that. for example buy a new car next year newer model comes up and you can take back your car an get the upgraded one for a fee not all dealerships but my uncle has some time of deal with some ford dealer ship. I though rim had a similar plan with the old phones like giving the old back for a discount
    12-26-12 09:51 AM
    That may be feasible withing the first year. A phone has about a two year life span while a car should last a little longer.
    12-26-12 10:12 AM
    Well off to the Ford Dealer to have a little chat about a voucher then.

RIM owes me something ................ make it up-ford-pinto.jpg
    BergerKing and axllebeer like this.
    12-26-12 10:39 AM
    Oh, how about for the folks that bought these?

12-26-12 11:04 AM
55 123