I was checking mobile blackberry.com from my bold checking out playbook for future purchase and when I went to the app section in the playbook section its says and quote "Plus run many of your favorite apps for BlackBerry smartphones and Android. All available in BlackBerry App World�."

http://m.blackberry.com/us/en/playbook-apps.html

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 06:57 PM
    Interesting, hope that means not much longer all though I'm not hyped up for android apps.
    10-07-11 06:59 PM
    wow! i hope this means in the next week or 2 or 3 or 4 oh well, whatever the time frame the Android Player for the PlayBook is set to be released soon....
    10-07-11 07:00 PM
    1) That's been there FOREVER.. since launch of the PlayBook.
    2) How do you out something that's already been sent off in a press releasing saying as much?

Sorry, didn't mean to burst your bubble of joy but it's nothing new.
    howarmat and nova_8 like this.
    10-07-11 07:37 PM
    QNX will be the best, most secure platform for Android apps. It's going to be wonderful.
    10-07-11 08:06 PM
    1) That's been there FOREVER.. since launch of the PlayBook.
    2) How do you out something that's already been sent off in a press releasing saying as much?

Sorry, didn't mean to burst your bubble of joy but it's nothing new.
    Party pooper.
    10-07-11 08:28 PM
    next week i here
    10-07-11 08:54 PM
    next week i here
    From who, where at?
    10-07-11 09:16 PM
    No i think he meant next week he'll still be here with no support. Sorry couldn't help it here/hear. would be great if thats correct a source or some type of backing would be nice.

10-07-11 10:45 PM
    I heard 7 Days on Thursday night. (OS 2.0) Not sure if that included Thursday or not. Buddy who's brother works for RIM in Ottawa. When I asked about MS Office Suite he just gave me a suggestive yet not overt smile.

Yes I realize my source isnt rock solid but hey, for what its worth...
    10-07-11 10:57 PM
    Party pooper.
    Well we have enough reasons to be disappointed from rim, we really dont need false hope and unjustified enthusiasm in here to make it worse down the road.

2.0 Is going to disappoint enough all by itself, im sorry to say... given that rim has failed to prove that it has gotten serious about the playbook. It wont have but half the changes and additions we are wanting it to and it wont be out anywhere near the time frame we want... picture this, devcon comes and goes and, at best, pumps up excitement for the "re-launch". Starting that day, in these forums, the anxiety will be increasing, and the days will become weeks and then before u know it dec 1 rolls around and it wont be out yet. Just use your imagination and see the hate and disappointment that will spill out here.

ESPECIALLY as the regular, nothing, useless updates keep dribbling out and nearly insult the playbook owner. I bet nobody has considered that scenario, but its coming! Oh each time anything 1.x.x comes out after devcon, everybody will be like, "wtf, rim?!?! where is 2.x.x?!?!"

So, in other words, lets curb our enthusiasm. There will be plenty of free disappointment doled out in the coming months. We dont need to make it worse.

10-08-11 05:23 AM
    Well we have enough reasons to be disappointed from rim, we really dont need false hope and unjustified enthusiasm in here to make it worse down the road.

2.0 Is going to disappoint enough all by itself, im sorry to say... given that rim has failed to prove that it has gotten serious about the playbook. It wont have but half the changes and additions we are wanting it to and it wont be out anywhere near the time frame we want... picture this, devcon comes and goes and, at best, pumps up excitement for the "re-launch". Starting that day, in these forums, the anxiety will be increasing, and the days will become weeks and then before u know it dec 1 rolls around and it wont be out yet. Just use your imagination and see the hate and disappointment that will spill out here.

ESPECIALLY as the regular, nothing, useless updates keep dribbling out and nearly insult the playbook owner. I bet nobody has considered that scenario, but its coming! Oh each time anything 1.x.x comes out after devcon, everybody will be like, "wtf, rim?!?! where is 2.x.x?!?!"

So, in other words, lets curb our enthusiasm. There will be plenty of free disappointment doled out in the coming months. We dont need to make it worse.

I was making a joke. Yeah, it doesn't come across on a forum.
    10-08-11 05:26 AM
    I was making a joke. Yeah, it doesn't come across on a forum.
    I've started to be able to distinguish between you two "KB" folks with a "Z" in your handles (kb5zht and kbz1960)!!! It is kind of like reading Russian novels and trying to read a character with a name like Puskin Karininaskyanovasmiththingiename. I kind of zero in on the "KB" and lose the rest.
    Last edited by F2; 10-08-11 at 09:44 AM.
    10-08-11 09:42 AM
    LOL if I could change my handle I would.
    10-08-11 09:49 AM
    No kidding. And Jim Balsillie continues his lies. The company will not turn around until he is replaced. PERIOD!
    mpcook and Zudeo like this.
    10-08-11 10:30 AM
    I've started to be able to distinguish between you two "KB" folks with a "Z" in your handles (kb5zht and kbz1960)!!! It is kind of like reading Russian novels and trying to read a character with a name like Puskin Karininaskyanovasmiththingiename. I kind of zero in on the "KB" and lose the rest.
    Just look for the picture of a dog.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-08-11 01:28 PM

ESPECIALLY as the regular, nothing, useless updates keep dribbling out and nearly insult the playbook owner. I bet nobody has considered that scenario, but its coming! Oh each time anything 1.x.x comes out after devcon, everybody will be like, "wtf, rim?!?! where is 2.x.x?!?

I agree, I am used to using my BB for email on the PB. Unless we know for sure that the Android player will bring us all the aps we have been waiting for, I for one will be extremely disappointed.
    Kindle or Nook, Netflix and Dropbox......just to name a few. This is what would make this a hit.
    10-09-11 05:58 AM
    Just look for the picture of a dog.
    Now I will have to change the pic
    10-09-11 06:16 AM
    I agree, I am used to using my BB for email on the PB. Unless we know for sure that the Android player will bring us all the aps we have been waiting for, I for one will be extremely disappointed.
    Kindle or Nook, Netflix and Dropbox......just to name a few. This is what would make this a hit.
    I thought dropbox was already available for the playbook? As for Kindle, you can already use it on the playbook, just kinda to a limited degree at the moment. I have kindle books on my playbook now, but the way it works, u still have to have an internet connection initially to open the books but im sure that will change.
    10-09-11 09:25 AM
    No kidding. And Jim Balsillie continues his lies. The company will not turn around until he is replaced. PERIOD!
    You could take example for the people protesting Wall Street in the US ... "Occupy Waterloo!" Anyone with me? (*crickets*)

Aw shucks ....
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    10-09-11 01:22 PM
    You could take example for the people protesting Wall Street in the US ... "Occupy Waterloo!" Anyone with me? (*crickets*)

Aw shucks ....

Could be fun.. I've driven further for car shows so why not a sit in on RIM's porch..

Tailgate party anyone?
    Bromo33333 likes this.
    10-09-11 05:22 PM
    I thought dropbox was already available for the playbook? As for Kindle, you can already use it on the playbook, just kinda to a limited degree at the moment. I have kindle books on my playbook now, but the way it works, u still have to have an internet connection initially to open the books but im sure that will change.
    The Files & Folders app has good DropBox functionality, and there's the BlueBox app.

As for Kindle, "limited degree" isn't good enough for some of us. You can't highlight or annotate with the Cloud Reader, and you can't Find text in a book. It's unknown whether the Cloud Reader will get all of these capabilities, but the Android app has them now. At least, it has highlighting and annotation; I'm not sure about Find.
    10-09-11 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD